[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn this isn't very good...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: HYFY.jpg (198KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
HYFY.jpg
198KB, 500x500px
Damn this isn't very good...
>>
OP forgot how to love himself.
>>
I like it
>>
>>71234554
It's his worst RHP album, still okay though. I hope you listened to Ocean Beach and Rollercoaster.
>>
>>71234652
>It's his worst RHP album
Fuck no, Rollercoaster is.
>>
>>71234695
Goddamn it, I mean Bridge
>>
>>71234652
listened to rollercoaster and even that was underwhelming. Katy Song is great, but is it really their best? Is that the most Kozelek is capable of? I guess I can see why they are always for the most part a B grade band
>>
>>71234733
No way. Listen to Down Colorful Hill. Medicine Bottle is his masterpiece
>>
>>71234740
This is true. 24 packed that 'extra' wow factor that I'd expect from all the hype. That was truly epic, not to mention he made that kind of music in 1990. Medicine Bottle I still have to digest...I guess it's mostly about being depressed and sitting in your room all day right? It's production sounds so dated
>>
>>71234733
Rollercoaster and Down colorful hill are generally considered their best, so if you like them RHP probably isn't for you.
>>
>>71234790
*don't like them
>>
>>71234766
The production is basically polished demos.
And while depression is big on it, I'd say 'reflection' is the main point.
>>
>>71234766
That's funny because I found the long songs on DCH much more compelling throughout (as compared to RHP1). I think the brooding guitar riff that carries the song creates a really heavy somber tone that envelopes the song and (imo) is somehow engaging enough to make the 10 minute melancholic beast not feel too slow and patience testing despite its simplicity (unlike Mother).
I really like how Scaruffi described it in his review: "The guitar curls an endless series of softly melodic agreements, as if it is almost afraid to stop the agony of the rhythm and the song."
>>
>>71234554
I like it.
Not so much silly love songs though
>>
>>71234863
you find the title track not hard to get through? wewww boy
>>
>>71234953
Idk man I might just be crazy. I do really love the vocal melody.
>>
>>71234766
I do want to say, though, that the vinyl tracklist flows better imo. I like Japanese to English a lot more following Medicine Bottle, and similarly with Lord Kill the Pain and Down Colorful Hill. It's the best way to listen to it, so I'd recommend it if you do try listening to it again.
>>
Ocean Beach > Old Ramon > SFABG > Rollercoaster > DCH > Bridge
>>
>>71234554
I like it actually, in fact I believe it's one of the best Kozelek albums have ever released.
>>
>>71234953
That one is perfect, do you have ADHD or are you only capable of listening to short, snappy pop songs? RHP songs aren't even hard to digest.
>>
>>71234733
Listen to it again fucker. Rollercoaster is one of the most forward-thinking and consistent rock albums ever. The whole first half as a sequence is to die for. Strawberry Hill? New Jersey? Perfect record.
>>
Still miles ahead of Bridge, a pile of shit.
>>
>>71236234
>Evil
>Bubble
>Helicopter
>Uncle Joe
>Blindfold
It would have been a 9.5/10 EP if they had cut the crap and wouldn't have tried to sell the leftovers from Rollercoaster as a LP. Songs for a Blue Guitar is just so commercial and uneven, there's no song that truly measures with Kozelek's best work.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.