[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are CD's and vinyls really worth buying or is that just a meme?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Are CD's and vinyls really worth buying or is that just a meme?
>>
are they worth buying for "higher quality music"? no. are they worth buying if you are sentimental and want to have cool stuff by your favorite bands and artists and support them in the process? yes
>>
Meme

>>71229249

In other words meme, stay far away
>>
>>71229249
I have a few CD's and I barley hear much difference compared too FLAC but vinyls do have a fuzzy sound which is cool on more psychedelic music. overall i dont get why they're both still popular
>>
>>71229195
It's just romantic materialism.
It's nice to have a physical copy of a record you like. That's all.
>>
If you wanna be cool, get CDs. Everyone's getting records and tapes now, you gotta one up them
>>
>>71229249
>>71229523
these
also, vinyl is the best physical music token out there
>>
>>71229355

CD's are basically flac, there is no difference. You might as well listen to it on a hard drive or usb drive, it's the same digital data
>>
>>71229606
this
>>
>>71229630
'splain
>>
vinyl is a meme. there's surface noise and they degrade way too quick. audio engineers agree that cds are the way to go. they're a zero contact medium and dont degrade very quick if they're handled well, and the music they produce is usually closer to what was recorded in the studio
>>
>vinyls

Every time
>>
>mfw part of the "buy CD, rip it to FLAC" master race
>>
>>71229264
jesus christ this word has no meaning anymore
>>
>>71229823
The same exact data (that you downlaod as flac is put on cd's
>>
>>71229869
vinyl is nice for cozy albums you either cry, die or fall asleep to imo

Cd's are better for literally everything else
>>
LPs aren't a "meme."

Best master of older music. Often on LP.

A lot of music on LP, 45, and 12" singles that never made it to CD.

New LPs? Worth buying if under 20.00 and you like to collect music. You get a digital download anyway. Sound quality should be indistinguishable, as well. LPs are relatively transparent on everything except the most dynamic classical music.

>Surface noise
>Wear

You shouldn't hear the former on a good setup with clean and well taken care of records. You will hear some on dead quiet passages, but it's often below the noise floor of tape hiss (on older music).

Wear won't be a problem unless your setup is total garbage, i.e. Crosley.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.