[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stop raptimism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1280x720-sw-prog-PL.jpg (285KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-sw-prog-PL.jpg
285KB, 1280x720px
How do we stop raptimism
>>
>>71217178
its hip hoptimism you fucking mongoloid
>>
>>71217178
>>71217189
it's rapist culture actually
>>
>>71217178
>>71217189
*rapists
>>
Poor Tim
>>
>>71217178
>raptimism
This is gonna become a new buzzword isn't it
>>
Itll burn itsself out

Theres no way a genre in which every song sounds the fucking same can keep perpetuating forever, theres already a HUUUGE critical bubble imo (ie rampant inflated critical acclaim for albums that are, in reality, not very good) so its just a matter of waiting until the bubble bursts.

The only thing is is that i do genuinely believe that the current iteration of hip hop will eventually go out of vogue, but this shit could take like a fucking decade. Ive kind of given up on some exciting new band exploding onto the scene and enabling dozens of other bands to follow suit and unleash a bevy of good popular music. I mean i think we all thought death grips would have been the band to do it back in 2011, but we all had to watch them get chewed up by the soulless mainstream hip hop machine. That shit sucked man.

So basically unless another hyper talented band pops up and manages to not estrange themselves from le ebin mainstream because they cant be fucking bothered to pretend that some dreadul shit like rae strummnd is even close to being on the same level as they are, we're pretty much in for upwards of a decade of the same dumbass shit getting crammed down our throats
>>
>>71217345
mindblowing insights
>>
>>71217178
promote emo rap as hard as fucking possible until emo rap basically becomes the definition of hip-hop.

That way, when emo rap fans finally hit puberty, they'll dismiss the entirety of hip-hop altogether as an embarrassing teenager phase, and only the few people who actually give a shit will keep listening to hip-hop.
>>
>>71217460
this is essentially what happened to odd future here I think
>>
>>71217467
well obviously it didn't work on a wide enough scale.
>>
>>71217345
Guy
My cuntry had the same genre prevalent for more than 20 years
And in that genre every track is the same
>>
>>71217178
Not with him.
>>
>>71217493
?
>>
>>71217508
It won't burn itself out
It will merge with what is in the mainstream
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.