[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ayreon - The Source

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Ayreon_-_The_Source.jpg (25KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Ayreon_-_The_Source.jpg
25KB, 316x316px
>James LaBrie (Dream Theater)
>Simone Simons (Epica)
>Floor Jansen (Nightwish)
>Hansi Kürsch (Blind Guardian)
>Tobias Sammet (Edguy, Avantasia)
>Tommy Karevik (Kamelot, Seventh Wonder)
>Russell Allen (Symphony X),
>Tommy Rogers (Between the Buried and Me),

Why are you not hype about the new Ayreon album /mu/?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUSoR4EdyIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuMKdrzPqU

Cheesy as fuck but so sublime, it's like finding a Rocky Horror style musical that they just dug out of a time capsule. It reminds me of a 60s prog album with touches of Queen and Devin Townsend, it's just fucking mental.
>>
File: 1470456319372.jpg (85KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470456319372.jpg
85KB, 300x300px
>mfw goofy vocals
>>
>>71214900
I'm excited to see someone discovering Ayreon for the first time. Every one of those vocalists has played a major part on at least one other Ayreon album, if you like this you'd like 01011001, another album with Hansi.
>>
>>71214900
Oh, speaking of Devin Townsend, he's actually on an Ayreon album, The Human Equation. Check that one out too. Honestly every Ayreon album is pretty important (though Electric Castle isn't really important to the plot but it's rad too)
>>
>>71215569
I've been with Ayreon since Human Equation (I came in after finding out LaBrie was doing guest vocals) after that I was hooked. I love the fact they're carrying story though. (not gonna lie, kinda hype to see how The Source ties into 01011001) The way he ties all these albums together is fantastic.

Currently re listening to 01011001 to go over it again.Also, special props for Star One. Arjen is a pretty cool dude.

Gotta admit I've only really heard a couple Devin albums (I was a big of Infinity when it released) but the only newer stuff of his I've really sunk my teeth into has been Ziltoid, Z2 is a great listen. Probably helped my lower my bar for cheese so I'm not as bothered by 'muh goofy vocals' as some people.
>>
>>71215569
Also I'm a huge fan of DT, Avantasia (fucking Scarecrow man, what an album) and BG. I've got a BtBaM album (The Parallax II: Future Sequence) but I'm not big on it.

All arjen needs to do now is pull in Alex Staropoli/Luca Turilli for a guest or maybe Herman Saming from A.C.T. That would be awesome.

I was tempted as fuck to buy tickets for the Theater Equation. I'd love to see them live.
>>
>>71215617
Oh nice, I got onto it with Human Equation myself, I was already a huge fan of Symphony X and Dream Theater then a friend of mine recommended THE when I was 16 so about 8 years ago. I've actually talked to Arjen via MySpace (so yeah this must have been 2008ish), he is indeed an amazing dude, he humored me as a fanboying 16 year old online and we chatted about Dan Swano and Star One's cast for a little bit. It was a pretty cringey time of my life but that was awesome. Arjen is the reason I've been working on my own conceptual streamline but only 2 albums are technically canon.

01 fucking rocks, but I always felt it distinctly lacked riffs. The Source feels similar but much more guitar-driven which excites me.

Devin's newest is rad from what I've heard, it feels like Epicloud v2.0 but a bit more focused, you should check that if you liked Infinity, they're very similar in their delivery.
>>
>>71215665
*storyline not streamline oops
>>
>>71215653
>All arjen needs to do now is pull in Luca Turilli

I've been saying this for year. When he got Karevik for The Theory Of Everything a couple years ago I nearly screamed from joy.

I love the little "rivalry" between Arjen and Tobias Sammet, I know it's all facetious and an advertising stunt but they do seem to have a genuine interest in each other's work which is just gratifying to see. I think a crossover would be interesting.

And yeah, Theater Equation has been a goal of mine to see for a looooong time, but a DVD release wouldn't be bad either.
>>
>>71215665
I love the slow rolling start of 01 though Age of Shadows starts slow and builds into a total monster by the end with those vocal performances.

I came at the whole thing from symphonic rock or whatever it's called. I came across Rhapsody on Napster by accident (imagine the first non top40 song you heard was Emerald Sword, I didn't stand a chance, Rhapsody had their hooks in me immediately) So Iron Savior, Blind Guardian, Rhapsody, Manowar were where I cut my teeth. And a buddy who was big into DT put me onto them with stuff like Glass Prison. After that I just got my hands on whatever I could (I remember trying Iced Earth just because their album covers were similar to other stuff I listened to, for example.)

I like Devin, and I know it's his thing but sometimes I get tired of that "Wall of Sound" thing. I love it when he goes off the rails though, Bad Devil is great, and his Ziltoid stuff is just a joy, you can tell he's having fun with it. I've been meaning to listen to his more straight stuff.

I remember when the press were Ayreon VS Avantasia, so it's a kick to see Sammet on this album! (even though they did Elected) Maybe soon we'll get an Ayreontasia album!
>>
Actual Fantasy and Theory of Everything are his best albums.
>>
>>71217001
also I love this band so much because they only make concept albums
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.