[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it that people who listen to Death Grips think they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Death-Grips-1.jpg (940KB, 2000x1123px) Image search: [Google]
Death-Grips-1.jpg
940KB, 2000x1123px
Why is it that people who listen to Death Grips think they're automatically music critics
>>
>>71211316
they think death grips is something really inaccessible, and only small group of people in the world is able to enjoy it

so when they enjoy it they think they're able to enjoy some really tough avant-garde bullshit, but in fact it's just edgy pop music
>>
>>71211388
this
>>
>>71211388
I gave it a shot. Didn't enjoy it at all
>>
>>71211388
Is it ok to enjoy it as pop though? Like I like them but I have literally put them in playlists with pop music for the car
>>
File: 1485149760232.jpg (17KB, 480x336px) Image search: [Google]
1485149760232.jpg
17KB, 480x336px
>>71211316
>2017
>People still don't get Death Grips
>and for some reason feel superior for it

WEW
>>
>>71211388
OP just tried to plant a false idea in your head, and you completely fell for it.
>>
>>71213162
not false
there are lots of dgfags on rym who attempt to write reviews
>>
>>71212990
>hate Death Grips for years
>think it's just /mu/ meme bullshit, no-one would listen to this absolute trash unironically
>someone recommends I've Seen Footage as a great starting point
>decide I'll keep as open I mind as possible and give them one last shot
>immediately fall in love, decide to give the rest of their discography a try
>finally get it
And now Beware and On GP are two of my favorite songs of all time and Death Grips is my favorite band completely unironically. They've actually totally changed the way I consume art. I just tell people to listen to I've Seen Footage or Beware while working out; I've got several people into the band this way.
>>
>>71212990
what is there to get?
it's just fun music
>>
>>71213348
>Death Grips is my favorite band completely unironically
listen to more music
>>
>>71213348
>listen to Beware while working out
How do you do that? I've Seen Footage I can understand in this situation, but Beware would just be disorienting.
>>
>>71213555
I don't know, I just find Beware really smooth, if that makes any sense. It's loud and violent, like everything Death Grips, but everything just flows so nicely from one thing to the next. It's heavy Lovecraftian witchcraft themes also appealed to my metal loving friends.
>>
>>71213555
>>71213722
Totally fucking misread your post but whatever. What I said still kind of applies in a way. There's something really invigorating about having a black guy start yelling about how he is the beast he worships and then boom, nothing but an onslaught of loud, violent imagery from one verse to the next. I just find it really great to run to.
>>
>>71213348
Same
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.