[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: it's 2013

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 12

File: Earl_Sweatshirt_Doris.jpg (18KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Earl_Sweatshirt_Doris.jpg
18KB, 316x316px
ITT: it's 2013
>>
selly-ester watts field
>>
File: Ilikethiscoverbetter.jpg (129KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ilikethiscoverbetter.jpg
129KB, 500x500px
>>71210514
Oh hey! Tyler stopped sucking!
>>
http://jonrafman.com/4chan.pdf
>>
/mu/ can only get better from this point on, r-right?
>>
The entire genre of rap is a meme, all rap is memerap, as it's objectively inferior/cheaper music. It's our degenerate plebeian /mu/ that has tried to make us believe rap is an "essential" genre and that if you don't like it you must be "narrow-minded", a "redditor" who is "born in le wrong generation" and there's probably some racial element to it too. Rap music has no staying power. All of rap is just a neo-rockist sub-genre of top-40 pop, with a "urban" paint job. This music doesn't stand the test of time, it's a fad. That's why rappers are discussed about like fashion. Image/fashion/numbers sold are actually considered when talking about them. Rap is just a really cheap/lazy form of music anyways. The majority of rap beats are just stealing (MUHH "SAMPLING") another artist's music, looping it over a generic drumbeat while someone "raps" over it. The "technical aspects" of rapping are not hard at all. That's why there's 14 year old white girls on YouTube uploading themselves flowing with ease and speed, dropping multis like it's nothing. But because they don't fit the image of a "rapper", no one would take seriously. I've listened to it all from backpacker shit like cLOUDDEAD and Atmosphere to the "golden days" of Public Enemy and Eric B. and Rakim to instrumental stuff like J Dilla and DJ Shadow to the 90s with Nas and Mobb Deep to the CLT approved A Tribe Called Quest and Digital Planets to today like Kendrick and Kanye. All rap is meme rap. All of it. Stop spamming it. Either keep it contained into one threads or request a containment board. I'm sick of coming on /mu/ and seeing a million Kanye threads (none of which are about music btw).
>>
File: Deafheaven-Sunbather-cover.png (135KB, 601x599px) Image search: [Google]
Deafheaven-Sunbather-cover.png
135KB, 601x599px
AOTY
>>
lmaaao capatin beefheart is so funny mu xD any other alboms like this???
>>
Not much has changed.
>>
>>71210610
>metal
>sunbather
pick one
>>
HURRY UP WITH MY DAMN CROISSANTS
>>
This dude went from guilty pleasure to ''Yeah i'm pretty sad''. Also Young Lean
>>
I'm into black metal, experimental, hip-hop, ambient and electronic, including:
House Of Black Lanterns, Deafheaven, ColdWorld, Pig Destroyer, Burial, Crass, Ulver, Altar of Plagues, Cynic, Whirr, Cardiacs, Grimes, Death Grips, El-P, Refused, Tim Hecker, Tonedeff, Obsequiae, Sissy Spacek, Kvelertak, Thomas Giles, Four Tet, Moss Icon, Raein, Cobalt, Phideaux, Ihsahn, Pyha, Zozobra, Septic Flesh, Oceansize, Lost Soul, Sabbath Assembly, Arghoslent, Swallow the Sun, Captain Murphy, Harms Way, Aosoth, Flagellant, Oranssi Pazuzu, Tonedeff, Lauren Bousfield, The Body, Woe, Fen, Menace Ruine, Deathspell Omega, Entropia, Alcest, Bosse-de-Nage.

>Check out my music taste: http://www.last.fm/user/Frubeling
>>
>>71210651
easy
sunbather
>>
>>71210530
Bastard is a classic though
>>
File: i got two versions.jpg (16KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
i got two versions.jpg
16KB, 1000x1000px
Don't listen to him when he says the album will be out soon
>>
File: .png (167KB, 300x263px) Image search: [Google]
.png
167KB, 300x263px
rip kanyes career
>>
File: mc ride.jpg (21KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
mc ride.jpg
21KB, 640x360px
*glass breaks*
>>
>>71212440
Jesus, you are dense for someone into literature. You’re thinking on the surface level. You’re thinking, “If Kanye says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it’s deep.” But that’s such a pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the listener, building and subverting metamusical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Yeezus? From the opening seconds of On Sight, to the chorus of I Am A God, to the final spoken sample of Bound 2, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I’m not saying Yeezus is brilliant because it showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though autotuned Chief Keef, Justin Vernon, ’80s guitars and trap beats have never been fused so artfully), I’m saying its ability to project outwardly from itself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. The whole album skips back and forth over the “is this dude serious?” line, only for Bound 2 to answer with a resounding “we have no ****ing clue.” Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Kanye instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener’s perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingly earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Yeezus can be seen as a work of meta-metamodernism. To call the album “ahead of its time” would be a vast understatement.
>>
File: random-access-memories.jpg (43KB, 618x618px) Image search: [Google]
random-access-memories.jpg
43KB, 618x618px
>>
File: arianagrandetheway.jpg (57KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
arianagrandetheway.jpg
57KB, 500x334px
So apparently that Nickelodeon girl's making music now.
>>
mixtape of the year
>>
>>71210606
I agree, Anon.
>>
I actually enjoy my life. Hope that continues...

Also Darkside - Psychic is fucking fantastic
>>
I am afraid to branch out musically because my dad might make fun of me
>>
File: melt_banana-fetch.jpg (409KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
melt_banana-fetch.jpg
409KB, 1024x1024px
AOTY for real
>>
File: Jai-Paul.jpg (138KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Jai-Paul.jpg
138KB, 600x600px
wow this shit hot

surely he'll release something official soon ...
>>
>>71214086
I can see a lot of unique stuff coming from her, she defo won't turn into another mediocre pop star
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.