[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw when you didn't take guitar and piano lessons seriously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

>tfw when you didn't take guitar and piano lessons seriously growing up
>wishing at almost 27 you should have kept with it.
>>
>>71209022
Don't give up you little shit, a lot of artists learned instruments not at a young age
>>
>>71209041
if you think you've got music in you then keep at it and learn, but if you don't think you've got the music in you, well it's still your choice but you'll probably never move past mediocrity
>>
There are child prodigies that have to live up to their past and never rise to eminence. Pick it up you sore loser
>>
>>71209041
I had the best piano teacher in the state(this was in 2002, so it may be different now). She was so strict you didn't play if you didn't have correct posture. She's smack the side of the thing and scare the hell out of me. My guitar teacher was this really laid back stoner. He tried to teach me everything I could but I was more concerned with skating with friends at the time. He died of a heart attack a year later in his school.
>>
>>71209022
How late is too late?
>>
>>71209212
if you've got severe arthritis then it's probably too late, otherwise just keep at it till it clicks
>>
>>71209212
it's never too late to chase your dreams, anon
>>
>>71209022
Is 21 a good age to start?
>>
>>71209238
Yes, Ryo Fukui started learning piano at the age of 22
>>
tripfags are really retarded
>>
>>71209168
There was also a paranormal experiance with me and his co owner of penny lane at the time and owner of Pro music and sound (who was my teacher at the time. If anyone's interested in reading about it.
>>
>>71209022
feel that OP, I took guitar, piano, and learned violin at school for like eight years... but barely practiced. like most teens i liked guitar the most so i practiced that the most but even that wasn't that much, also my teacher was way too laidback and i mostly just used him to write tabs for me of songs i like, so i'm completely retarded when it comes to music theory and improvising. i could read notes, that's about it. i still play my guitar, but just tabs. so many regrets looking back. don't remember anything from piano, and if i picked up a violin now, i just would have no idea where to begin.
>>
>>71209376
what age are you now?
>>
>>71209376
My guitar teacher balanced them both. A class he'd teach me something fun, and the next class would be serious. It was in that order.
>>
I started guitar lessons at 10. Quit the same year and took up drums instead. Taught myself all through my teenage years and into my 20s.
Now that I'm 30, I've picked up guitar again and just now starting to get to an intermediate level of playing.
Gonna learn piano next.

It's never too late.
>>
>tfw daydream of making an over-30 core chart so that people keep motivated
>tfw never want to do it
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.