[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Punk and Reggae

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: john-lydon-1441727329.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
john-lydon-1441727329.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
Why did the '70s punk scene love reggae so much? i've heard the john lydon (sex pistols, public image inc) say reggae was one of his biggest influences and that reggae was his favorite music, also bands like the clash said reggae was a big influence. i will say i have never listened to much reggae so maybe its just me but i dont really understand the connection from reggae to punk.
>>
>>71207953
there was like some kind of underground cultural connections between jamaica and the uk vis a vis colonization. i dunno beyond that try reading wikipedia, the article on ska should be informative as ska is like the combination of punk and reggae iirc
>>
because of typical leftist white guilt
>>
>>71208001
just looked it up im pretty wrong i was thinking of third wave ska but the first and second waves of ska had nothing to do with punk rock
>>
they are both repetitive styles of music
>>
because of typical leftist white guilt
>>
Dude weed lmao
>>
>>71208045
DUDE
WEED
>>
>>71208045
when i think of punks i think more speedy drugs not dude weed
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.