[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain yourselves.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 6

File: 1485780611510.png (1MB, 1029x1164px) Image search: [Google]
1485780611510.png
1MB, 1029x1164px
Explain yourselves.
>>
implying anyone over 18 listens to stockhausen
>>
All music tells of the same three stories - the struggle of man to find woman, the struggle of man versus man, or the struggle of woman to find safety and comfort. EDM and classical can both do this very well. Pop does as well, particularly for that third story - think of Joni Mitchell or Joanna Newsom, two of the great songwriters of all time. The worst genre is jazz as outside of a few geniuses like Ayler and Davis, this struggle is poorly depicted.
>>
>>71205269
>Scooter
almost had me
>>
File: barely o's.png (234KB, 428x413px) Image search: [Google]
barely o's.png
234KB, 428x413px
>>71205323
why wouldn't they you fag

>>71205343
what the fuck am i reading
>>
>>71205269
That's Dana Scully, not Solex.
>>
File: 1487292595836.jpg (23KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
1487292595836.jpg
23KB, 306x450px
That Stockhausen quote could be applied to literally any genre other than classical. Why use it to hate on IDM?
>>
>>71205269
>wouldn't allow themselves any repetition
How to create shit music: Step 1
>>
fuck drumpf and fuck white people
>>
Most of the stuff on the top side goes FAR harder than anything on the bottom. Not a single track made by anyone on the bottom comes close to delivering something as visceral as the top. Anyone who thinks the bottom is better has not actually experienced reality itself at all, and should go out and interact with it instead of sitting in mommy's basement.
>>
>>71205417
Yeah, because there's nothing more to music than performing in front of intoxicated teenagers.
>>
>not allow themselves any repetitions
Is this guy retarded? The reason why music is enjoyable is because of the patterns and repetitions.
>>
>>71205406
because he's specifically talking about idm, it's from an interview where someone asked him to listen to aphex twin
>>
>>71205406
He explained it. It's not really about music, it's about making a product. And it doesn't apply just to IDM.
>>
>>71205453
Holy shit, did you have such a shitty experience in high school that you think stepping outside the basement only entails clubbing?
>>
4hero > all of them
>>
File: IMG_6794.jpg (76KB, 618x1084px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6794.jpg
76KB, 618x1084px
>>71205417
>Not a single track made by anyone on the bottom comes close to delivering something as visceral as the top.
>the only point of music is visceral satisfaction
>implying you've even listened to anything on the bottom row because if you had you wouldn't say this

i want reddit to leave
>>
>>71205510
Don't play dumb. You know perfectly well what I'm talking about. No one making commercially friendly music is interested in challenging the status quo and questioning the very idea of what music could be. And musicians trying to assert any amount of artistic integrity have the same producers as Rihanna, Beyonce, etc. and perform publicity stunts.
https://youtu.be/aEGd84MAIJM
https://youtu.be/TNta8aWM4kA
>>
Yeah, why listen to Luomo when you can listen to Ripatti?
>>
>>71205343
>All music tells of the same three stories - the struggle of man to find woman, the struggle of man versus man, or the struggle of woman to find safety and comfort.
that's fucking retarded
>>
>>71205674
The original maker of the chart always said Luomo was a pleb cashcow side project
>>
Why listen to post-modern degenerate art like Stockhausen instead of actual art music?
>>
>>71205724
2 deep in the memeverse.
>>
>>71205343
You have not listened to Kaczmarski then
>>
>>71205701
Why did you reply to obvious bait? Careful with this one too:
>>71205732
>>
>>71205269
I've listened to 2 albums up top and 3 composers on the bottom
r8 me
>>
>>71205784
r8 you on what?
>>
>>71205627
>thinks music based around abstract concepts is in any, way, shape, or form visceral
>thinks music aimed only at experimentation is somehow valid from a sheer cerebral perspective while forgetting that actual art music like Bach, beethoven, Shostkovich, etc. offers far more from that perspective
>implying a work like Autechre's elseq1-5 hasn't already surpassed Stockhausen with the amount of overall serialism it achieves while also being far more organic and visceral
Why don't you get your head out of your ass for a minute and see what the world's got to offer.

>>71205670
>don't play dumb
>then proceeds to play dumb by equating by statement to generic radio pop
Lmao okay. Anyway, experimentation is important for sure, but a work that refines a concept is far better than a work that invents a concepts. Basing quality off of sheer experimentation is downright retarded. A lot of what the bottom invented wasn't truly refined until the top guys went at it. Similar to how a lot of Italian baroque scene was new and didn't know what to do with the ideas that much until Bach learned from them and refined them.

Doing something well>>>>doing something "different"
>>
>gas and aphex twin on top
>robert rich and brian eno on bottom
what criteria is this image based upon? certainly not obscurity or complexity, brian eno is a fucking pop star compared to gas. i understand autechre and boc because they're fucking memes, but what really perplexes me is how the list puts the last name and face of an artist only, because it makes you automatically assume they're somehow more eclectic or whatever

i guess i've been baited, my ambient autism has been triggered
>>
can someone name albums on the top for me?
>>
File: 28.jpg (60KB, 425x664px) Image search: [Google]
28.jpg
60KB, 425x664px
>>71205835
>>thinks music based around abstract concepts is in any, way, shape, or form visceral
i never said or implied that lol
>>thinks music aimed only at experimentation is somehow valid from a sheer cerebral perspective while forgetting that actual art music like Bach, beethoven, Shostkovich, etc. offers far more from that perspective
>>implying a work like Autechre's elseq1-5 hasn't already surpassed Stockhausen with the amount of overall serialism it achieves while also being far more organic and visceral
>comparing art in the first place

talk about having your head up your ass
>>
>>71206175
>trying to back down after getting rekt
typical avant teen. You gotta grow and listen to some real music like

Shostakovich's String Quartets
Duke Ellington's Orchestra stuff with Blanton and Webster
Old School Death Metal
Autechre's complete discography
>>
>>71205269
this is the most autistic thing ive ever read
>>
>>71205269
Fuck off Ame/fuhrer
>>
If Stockhausen is so good, then why don't anyone but avant-teens and poseurs listen to him anymore? Why don't mailmen whistle his tunes like they whistle Stravinsky tunes? Why don't pop musicians - the modern folks musicians - remix his work like they remix Reich's work?

smfh lads.
>>
>>71206259
>>trying to back down after getting rekt
all you did was put up walls of irrelevant rhetoric that ironically made you the one with his head up his ass so idk who you're trying to fool here dude
>>
>>71206259
this is some top quality ironic trolling bud. good stuff
>>
>>71205743
I don't see how it's bait to call Stockhausen's "music" degenerate art, when infinitely more skilled composers like Arnold Schoenberg were also just that.
>>
>>71206332
I am not trying to fool anyone, I live in reality, bruh. It wasn't me that felt so threatened by a post that they had to use the "le reddit leave" meme. Like I said earlier, gotta step out of that basement.
>>
>>71206397
>It wasn't me that felt so threatened by a post that they had to use the "le reddit leave" meme.

this is my point exactly. how is this even relevant ?
"reality" my ass tbqh....
>>
>>71205343

Is this pasta?
>>
kill all poseurs
noose all the avant-teens
burn down the /daily/ general
remove the chart and the 3x3 threads
>>
>>71206544
Spot the /mu/drone!
>>
>>71205269
>CAGE
lost me at that
>>
>>71206544
More Ed Sheeran!
More Adele!
More Coldplay!
>>
Damn, Solex looks like *THAT*!?
>>
>>71206544
gas the avants
>>
>>71206577
>
>>71205401
>>
>>71205269
>BRIAN FUCKING ENO
I mean, you almost get me, haha. Nice bait. I respond ;)
>>
>>71205269
>that quote
>includes Roach and Eno who do exactly that.
>>
TRANSFORMING THE JEWS
WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT
>>
>>71206326
Who the fuck whistles symphonies
>>
>>71206807
Autistic mailmen
>>
File: 1472327001145.jpg (165KB, 1032x774px) Image search: [Google]
1472327001145.jpg
165KB, 1032x774px
>>71205269

0/10, try being more subtle next time.

Also, pic related.
>>
>>71205269
shit was pretty good untill i saw Roach. Nice try.
>>71206711
this
>>
>>71206807
I don't know, ask Reich since the quote is originally his.
>>
can I get a mega with the good stuff in it?
>>
>>71206572
>>71206553
Don't you have some second-rate japanese albums to circlejerk to while completely dismissing the classic western albums those japanese albums happen to rip-off?
>>
Literally all of the albums on the top half are shit
>>
Or just recommend me 3 to listen to. I like aphex twin and boards of canada
>>
>>71205734
Vocal City was epic. What else would you rec of his? Not interested in his ambient stuff, more want the house side of things.

Convivial was really good at times. But mostly a let down to me.
>>
>>71207383
This. And stay the hell out of /bleep/.
>>
>>71205269
you could have listened to 20 hours of merzbow. Stockhausen's criticism falters when applied to more abstract music,
>>
>>71205414
wtf
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.