[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is my music taste so generic /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: topsters2.jpg (472KB, 1720x1620px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
472KB, 1720x1620px
Why is my music taste so generic /mu/?
>>
you like bloom so that's all that matters
>>
Your taste may be generic but at least most of those albums are good.
>>
>>71200835
Stop judging yourself by the standards of a Nigerian Pachinko BBS, and listen to what you like.
>>
>>71201541
this^^^

hate when people put themselves down over music, tv, movies or anything they like cause other people don't agree with it.

Also personally i think In Rainbows is a better radiohead album. The bends is good too though
>>
>>71200835
if you think your music taste is "generic" then go find more music, dig more the genres you like and if you have an open mind, expand your horizons by listening to every different genre out there and your taste won't be "generic" anymore.
>>
you forget that most normalfags outside of /mu/ have never heard of a lot of those albums, and it is highly unlikely that any regular 'generic' person will have heard even the majority of them
don't put yourself down because your taste isn't as 'patrician' as some of the people on this board
your taste is good imo, the fact they're mostly /mu/core doesn't change that nor does it change the fact your taste would be seen as broadened as fuck by your average person
>>
>>71200835
if I showed your chart to my friends, they wouldn't be able to name any of those albums.
>>
>>71201898
This
I'm amazed how people can say they love music but not spend much time exploring new sounds. OP your taste is decent but there's nothing to complain about, we live in an age where the bulk of humanity's musical output is instantly available. The music you listen to is only limited by your own efforts.
>>
>>71200835
Nobody outside this website cares about your music taste.
Just listen and enjoy whatever you want, it's not a competition of who's the most "unique".
>>
>>71202849
Even so, I think it's pretty normal to have listened to a lot of music and still have a "generic" taste. You can dig around the folk and indie genres a lot and still think of ITAOTS as one of your favourite albums, just as an example.
>>
>>71200835
it isnt really, what people on /mu/ dont realize is that they dont have to compare themselves to other people on /mu/.
>>71201967
basically this
>>
>>71201967
seconding this
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.