[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is no one talking about this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 178
Thread images: 4

Why is no one talking about this?
>>
>>71196916
lyrically its his worse. he has said way more meaningful stuff under his j.tillman alias

instrumentally its really good. but the ballads over and over just kill me for enjoying this album.
>>
>>71196939
>lyrically its his best

FTFY

Complaining about the lack of music variety on this thing is completely fair and understandable, but the lyrics are easily his most impactful yet. This is not up for debate.
>>
>>71197156
alright pls share these impactful lyrics
enlighten me
>>
>>71197179
the entirety of the title track
>>
>>71197179
let's start with the obvious: the entirety of the title track.
>>
>>71197191
no break it down and explain to me why they are impactful
>>
>>71197179
are you fucking deaf?
>>
>>71196916
Just started listening to it, on Leaving LA right now.

Total Entertainment Forever and Things That Would... are great, Birdie wasn't very good though.
>>
this shoegazey bit on Magic Mountain caught me completely off guard, damn.
>>
>>71196916
Reminds me of an Elton John ballad with mediocre vocals.
>>
>>71196916
Fear fun is the superior album anyways, he's gone to shit he's better with catchy,fun stuff. Dorm room philosophy shit this album is
>>
>Why is no one talking about this?
/mu/ has an aversion to most really good music.

I'm assuming this album is quality from the snippets and singles, but still gonna wait for the official release.
>>
I feel like he tries to do basically the same thing he did on that previous album, but a lot of the songs sound too similar, like filler kinda, and almost all of the lyrics are just "dude religion is stupid", "dude the world is completely fucked", "dude everyone is an idiot except me", and he has absolutely none of the genuine emotion or innovative songwriting that the new SKM does. I think the new SKM is actually kind of a good comparison because they have similar themes, about the world being fucked up and the masses being stupid and stuff like that but Mark does it in such a beautiful, honest way, whereas FJM sounds like he's just half-assing this ironic indie lyrical style and backing it with the most beautiful arrangements possible but without anything that's actually interesting or experimental. and again in comparison, Mark/SKM managed to have beautiful instrumentation on their new album with pretty sparse instrumentation.
>>
>>71197156
you're so wrong. there's no moment on here even close to
>maybe love is just an economy based on resource scarcity
>but what I fail to see is what that's got to do with you and me
Nothing on this album is so unapologetically, sincerely beautiful and earnest as that. See >>71197628
I get he's trying to be aloof and above it all or whatever but the "wake up sheeple!" lyrics are doing nothing for me, and if we really do bring Sun Kil Moon's new album into this, there's no real competition.
>>
>>71197402
lmao good post duder
>>
>>71197628
this
>>
>>71196916
Where have you been?
>>
>>71197689
>I get he's trying to be aloof and above it all or whatever but the "wake up sheeple!" lyrics are doing nothing for me

And they're doing everything for me. Because he's singing about a lot of things that i've been thinking of lately. I've been at odds with my family over a lot of these subjects since the election, so this is hitting me pretty hard right now. Just like Bored in the USA and Holy Shit did 2 years ago.
>>
>>71197689
>>71197732
desu these societal commentaries aren't tickling my anus either, but they're still good songs (like how Bored in the USA was, even though it said nothing particularly new).

I still prefer his first FJM album though. Just great songs with passion, some personal reflection, some story telling. Good shit.
>>
>>71197732
uh, you might be a crazy person. having different views from others, especially political, in no way makes you better than them
>>
>>71197732
makes sense now. edgy kids with no argument skills love fjm
>>
>>71196916
because thsi isnt reddit
>>
>>71197809
>edgy kids with no argument skills
>having a soul is "edgy"
>implying i'm not likely older than you

I don't know what my "argument skills" are because i have no interest in arguing. Especially with you people. It's a waste of my time.
>>
>>71196939
>He has said way more meaningful stuff under his J. Tillman alias

He has literally said the opposite of this in like every interview
>>
>>71197849
this is you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhAr_UeroCk
i hope you grow up one day my man
>>
>>71196916
Not everyone here listens to basic bitch indie trash
>>
>>71197798
Lol how did you reach the conclusion that he thinks he's better than his family? sounds like you might be the crazy person.
>>
>>71197906
Sure thing, but saying "basic bitch" indubitably makes you one too. So there's that.
>>
>>71197196
educate yourself
>>
>>71197916
"im at odds with my family"
think that says it all.
>>
>>71197939
That says nothing about superiority.
>>
>>71197939
in no way does that mean he thinks he's better than his family
>>
>>71197945
>>71197949
in what world do you live in "odds" means on equal terms
>>
>>71197939
my assumption was that they mutually butt heads due to each side being passionate about their own beliefs. but hey, yeah, your conclusion makes sense too.
>>
>>71197964
"at odds" means they don't agree about things
not that they're unequal
>>
>>71197849
>come to music discussion board
>don't want to discuss music
>>71197939
>>71197945
he said he relates to fjm's aloof and superior attitude, specifically with regard to his own family's political leanings. that's retarded.
>>
>>71197281
So... An Elton John ballad? Ayy
>>
>>71197979
he said he relates to the subjects in the lyrics, you twat. not the way FJM sounds.
>>
>>71197964
at odds
phrase of odds
in conflict or at variance.
>>
>>71197979
He didn't say that either. He said he like the lyrics. Liking something you agree with isn't the same as adopting the attitudes that you're ascribing to FJM. And you're a presumptuous little bitch.
>>
>>71198016
>"hitting me pretty hard" isn't agreeing with the subject matter
cut the mental gymnastics
its okay to be superior bro!
>>
>>71197964
You can be at odds AND on equal terms.

I'm allowed to think that my uncle and my grandfather are idiots for chaining themselves to a set of ideals. That doesn't mean i think i'm "superior" to them. I don't think i'm superior to anybody. I don't look at that.
>>
>why Trump won: the thread
>>
>>71198033
>green texting something that wasn't said or implied
Internetting is fun
>>
>>71198066
"I've been at odds with my family over a lot of these subjects since the election, so this is hitting me pretty hard right now. Just like Bored in the USA and Holy Shit did 2 years ago."

..... thats exactly what he said
>>
Not really a big fan of FJM (although he has made some very comfy songs like Ballad of a Dying Man) but man do I love how angry he gets people. He's like new age punk.
>>
>>71198080
But I never said he didn't agree on the subject matter. Which is what you green texted like a simpleton.
>>
>>71198095
not really, he's just a pretentious cock
>>
>>71198101
then proceed to clarify what you meant buddy.
>>
>>71197628
Dude, cmon.

SKM is the one who rambles about everything he sees, and he's the one who's try hard as fuck. Plus 8-11 minute instrumentals that don't really build, kind of bother the duck out of me. Benji is genuine and emotional...the new album is absolute shit and is yelling for fucking attention the whole time.

On the other hand, FJM tackles his songs and songwriting with very solid verse chorus pop structures with dense but elegant instrumentation. His lyrical themes go in and out of POV and a societal view, and to me has the chance to invoke more change throughout our society. FJM isn't scared talk about topics in a highly intelligent and intellectual way, while SKM just rambles about it and "dabbles" in hip hop. LOL
>>
>>71198105
>he's not controversial
>I JUST THINK HES A FUCKING COCK
>>
>>71198125
fjm preaching to his bourgeois audience isn't gonna change anything.
skm connects with everybody working class and high.
>>
>>71198125
>and to me has the chance to invoke more change throughout our society.
you can't really think this pretentious twat's use of irony (so clever) will change anything?
>>
>>71198139
no that he's not some new kind of punk revolution
>>
>>71198095
I have a friend who wouldn't stop bringing up FJM's sexual or 'vulgar' lyrics, saying that it was 'shock factor' and that he found it super distasteful.

This same guy who likes Tupac, and The Locust, and Of Montreal, and countless other bands with more graphic and lewd lyrics. And yet, he'd get super pissed and denounce FJM to no end.

>>71198118
It was so clear I'll just quote it. Just because he like the lyrics doesn't mean he adopts the attitudes you ascribe to FJM.

>>71198154
Not everything he sings even contains irony. Artists have been influencing and affecting change in society for thousands of years. It's not an outlandish opinion for a fan to think FJM could too, especially with such a well timed and topical album (that was being recorded before the rise of Trump, btw).
>>
>>71198211
i disagree on fjm changing anything. he stopped his show and warned his "fans" about trump and they still did nothing. yet got mad at him for not performing

mark my words skm will have an impact on future generations.
>>
File: 62683e2d.jpg (49KB, 790x395px) Image search: [Google]
62683e2d.jpg
49KB, 790x395px
dr.john misty
>>
>>71198149
>>71198154
Yes I believe he will invoke some change, especially more than "I'm a blue collar working middle age white dude rambling about everything I see". Father John Misty is preaching truth, and we are sheeple. Has the last year or so in the world not showed as that? The more that message, and the solutions that can solve it, are introduced more to mainstream audiences in this generation, the more genuine change it will invoke.
>>
>>71198172
He kinda is.
Much of the earlier punk movement had their shock factor in things which are now laughed at in this intensely careless society. FJM is like a complete mocking of society, and he certainly riles most people's jimmies.
>>
>>71198307
wow
>>
>>71196916
It's good but not I Love You Honeybear good.
>>
>>71197689
>those lyrics
lmao do people who fawn after this guy just never read a book or are they sincerely so retarded to think this is decent writing?
>>
>>71198307
people don't dislike FJM because he mocks society or he upsets them, it's because he and people like you think what he's doing is very clever when it isn't, it's old hat.
>>
>>71198430
I don't know why that anon chose those lyrics, which aren't even the best on that song, but it's not bad.
>>
itt: nobody explains why the lyrics on this album are impactful
>>
>>71198528
he's gonna change the world, bye bye trump!
>>
>>71198482
It's fucking terrible. This fool utterly fails at writing competent poetry or even mildly amusing satire. It's drivel propped up by an irritating persona. Listen to the Magnetic Fields, THAT'S how you write a humorous song about love that manages to stand on its own. FJM is a shitshow for clueless, mediocre white college kids who think they're cooler than their "terrible" parents who still listen to Randy Newman.
>>
>>71198572
I like FJM, I love my parents. I'm retarded?
>>
>>71198463
>think he's doing something clever
I don't even think he's intentionally doing anything, but he clearly upsets plenty of people and all for different reasons.
>>
>>71198572
No it's not. It's fine, and in the context of the song makes more sense.

What's laughable is that you're so sure his writing is shit, which it definitely isn't, and then you prop up Magnetic Fields, who have plenty of cringey, childish, and weak writing as a standard FJM somehow doesn't meet. You obviously have strong opinions about what you like and don't, but it's ridiculous to throw around terms like "fucking terrible" so frivolously. There's a lot worse out there that actually applies to.
>>
>>71198621
Yes. You like shitty music and force yourself to spend time with some old-ass cranky white old people out of social obligation and, to paraphrase Deleuze, escape the Freudian concepts in which you have limited your own behavior patterns, clinging onto sanity and shitty post-modern piano rock instead of embracing insanity as the only viable alternative in a boundless and meaningless world.
>>
>>71198430
>this post
lmao do people who hate this guy just never go outside or are they sincerely so inept that they can't find love?
>h-hey mom look! I can strawman too!
People have different tastes, dick.
>>
>>71198697
Oh man, that's embarassing
>>
>>71198995
why is it good writing then?
>>
>>71199043
because it accurately reflects how I feel about love, it conveys the absurdity of it, how it's driven largely by our fear of isolation rather than genuine feeling. yet the narrator chooses to go along with it anyways because he feels something with this person and that takes precedence. I think it's beautiful and it's writing that I like. I don't buy into "good" vs "bad" writing but I'm willing to discuss further why those lyrics don't work for you if you'd like to share.
>>
>>71199092
It's not about the "message", good writing rarely is all about intention and cleverness. His style is pedestrian, that's my first problem. FJM's more sincere moment never feel like a real contrast to his sardonic asshole persona, it just feels like a cutesy respite between all of his "deep" observations about society and love. To add to that the guy has no real grasp of human nature, he just regurgitates tired post-modern cliches and his love for his wife. Observing life is a lot more nuanced and subtle and painful then just writing about how you feel so cynic and detached except for that one relationship that feels like puppy love. The man has faced no real hardship and you can tell. Finally, his usage of language and metaphors is boring, thoughtless and old-fashioned. His sardonic jokes fall flat for me and the more sentimental moments feel misplaced. Mark Kozelek tends to ramble on too long sometimes but he always had a very complicated personal style of songwriting and achieves great beauty in his best moments.
>>
>>71199196
Writing is actually very much about the message and I feel he gets it across quite well.
>Observing life is a lot more nuanced and subtle and painful then just writing about how you feel so cynic and detached except for that one relationship that feels like puppy love.
It is, and that would be relevant if that summed up his writing, which it doesn't.

And that's one too many Kozelek references in this thread for me not to give him another try. Any recommendations? If not, I always just go chronologically.
>>
>>71199196
I understand where you're coming from but it seems you're lending a lot of power to your conception of fjm as a songwriter. I guess I'd just encourage you to try and separate his persona from his music but I understand how difficult that can be, especially when there are several moments where he seems to intentionally conflate the two. Mark kozelek is a fair comparison, especially since his new album is quite similar to this one in a few ways. I prefer his lyrical style as well. Butch Lullaby is heartbreaking, and I really appreciate the man's attention to detail, opening the song recounting how butch was found dead next to a 40 and ending it suddenly aware that he's no longer following him out of the bar, asking him for a 40, as he would so often do. that shit got me way more than any of the lyrics on this new fjm.
>>
>>71199311
Down Colorful Hill if you're a sad bastard, Rollercoaster if you're a romantic, Ghosts of the Great Highway if you like Neil Young, Benji if you want to know what everybody's talking about or if you're a pitchfork-drone.
>>
>>71199196
>"he has no grasp of human nature"
later says
>"he's faced no real hardship"
Stopped reading
>>
>>71199341
could you please elaborate instead of this green text mess? Of course that's a generalization but you have to be hyperbolic to drive a point home sometimes.
>>
>>71197732
lmao if you actually believe any of that, but you're prolly just a paid fjm shill.
>>
>>71196916
Sorry brah, my imac ran out of power and all the outlets at starbucks was taken.
>>
>>71197937
You're too lazy to back up your statement as to how the lyrics are so grand.
So you tell someone to educate themselves.

Good argument you fuck.
>>
>>71199478
/mu/ is incapable of actually explaining why they like or dislike anything, they just make black and white statements and begin shitposting when someone actually challenges their views.

remember you're posting with a bunch of autistic 14 year olds, don't expect much
>>
>>71197689
>I get he's trying to be aloof and above it all or whatever but the "wake up sheeple!" lyrics are doing nothing for me
What album are you listening to? There's none of that. There is commentary on the absurdity of modern life but not "wake up sheeple" language. You either haven't actually listened to the album or are autistic.
>>
>>71199365
Everyone has faced real hardship. That's pretty much the core principle of human nature. Maybe not a sustained mental hardship like it seems Mark Kozelek was facing early with RHP, but if you honestly think just because he's a meme dickhead, Josh Tillman has never faced hardship in his life (or anyone for that matter) you're deluding yourself.
>>
>>71199571
This x10

To me it sounds like Mark has a hard time coming to terms with his struggles.
>>
>>71199571
That wasn't what I meant at all though, you took my comment a bit out of context there. Of course probably FJM has had his share of pain in life, I won't deny that. But his songwriting reveals a very sheltered, reductive view of life and society. In the end he's too far up his own ass and lacks real empathy, the kind that really hurts and makes it impossible to be obnoxious about your strong opinions all the time. Mark Kozelek isn't a traumatized wreck either, he's just a product of a poor, rural childhood and some obvious self-esteem issues. He understands more about how your point of view can differ depending on your surroundings, he said in an interview that he thinks all the time "Maybe this guy's just an obnoxious cunt because his father beat him, how did he get this far?" That's the mark of a songwriter for me, not endlessly orchestrate your own opinions.
>>
>>71199727
But FJM isn't obnoxious about his opinions all the time, nor ironic, cynical, etc. Also, a lot of the most damaged people put up a wall of humor or cynicism to protect themselves. This is pretty common knowledge, I'm just pointing it out in regards to Misty and this whole hardship thing.
>>
>>71198125

>SKM is the one who rambles about everything he sees, and he's the one who's try hard as fuck.

SKM is the opposite of try-hard, SKM may be "rambling" but all of Mark's rambling eventually ties together to form coherent, universal themes of very serious and important things (love, death, tragedy, loneliness, beauty, etc.). Mark's rambling often contains very interesting observations on the nature of people and the world, and he delivers these observations in an extremely sincere way. Not only that, but he manages to be emotional and heartfelt without being up his own ass with romanticism.

Meanwhile, FJM has the lyrical talent of a fucking 8th-grader who just discovered Filthy Frank and h3h3. He's all irony and sarcasm but without the wit of artists who actually use irony and sarcasm well. His musings about the world are shallow and he tries to be far more poetic than he is actually capable of.

Not to mention than FJM often can't accomplish the instrumental beauty with an orchestra backing him what SKM manages to do with a guitar, drums and some sparse electronics here and there. FJM is a big facade, he's adverse to genuineness. SKM is innovative and evocative and haunting.
>>
>>71199509
fuck you, /mu is the epitome of all that is eloquent in discussing music, i challenge your view to prove otherwise.
>>
>>71198267
praise it
>>
what the fuck is SKM?
>>
>>71199932
better than this FJM tripe, that's for sure.

Like, holy shit, this album is capital b BAD. /mu/ actually likes it? Like fuck, you guys have truly shit taste.
>>
>>71199877
I haven't heard much SKM, but FJM isn't even close to "all irony and sarcasm" and has verses of more poetic merit and less literal than some of SKM. Also FJM executes his songs far better in his solo acoustic live shows in my opinion, so the orchestration isn't needed at all.

I don't understand why you guys have to tear down talented, legitimate artists because you don't like them as much as another one. There's really no need for this hyperbolic bullshit.
>>
>>71200022
>guys strums guitar and talks about his fat pig belly
>better than FJM's 10/10 masterpiece
you can kill yourself now
>>
>>71200022
ok, what the fuck is skm still? spell the dumb fucking acronym out.
>>
>>71200319

Sun Kil Moon, senpai.
>>
>>71200212
i'm confused, are you joking? I could maybe understand someone liking this album, but 10/10? no fucking chance. I think you are the one who should consider suicide... if you actually believe this is a 10/10 "masterpiece". smfh.
>>
>>71199932
>what the fuck is SKM?
Sun Kil Moon
>>
>>71200379
>Sun Kil Moon
>opposite of try-hard
riiiiiiiiiîˆîˆîiiiight

now tell me about how xiu xiu has good songs please.
>>
>>71200473
brainlet
>>
>>71200473
brainlet
>>
>>71200410
>are you joking
No

> I think you are the one who should consider suicide... if you actually believe this is a 10/10 "masterpiece". smfh.
You should suffocate yourself with a plastic bag, you scum.
>>
Can't wait till Fantano gives this a 9 and all of you suddenly begin to foam at the mouth upon listening
>>
>>71200623
brainlet
>>
File: assblasted cat.jpg (31KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
assblasted cat.jpg
31KB, 403x403px
>>71200623
you unironically

believe

that this album

is a 10/10?

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaa my god just gas yourself already
>>
>>71200641
Pro tip: he won't. Extra super secret tip: nobody cares about the melon.
>>
>>71200659
what a great argument you fucking dickhead
>>
>>71200549
>shitposts
because he knows sun kil moon and xiu xiu try so hard to make it look like they ain't trying.
>>
>>71200665
He'll give it a strong 5 I'm guessing. It's def not meloncore.
>>
>>71200680

this album doesn't deserve constructive criticism. It's too shit to be saved senpai.
>>
>>71200692
Damn bruh u are retarded fr fr
>>
Not one person itt has explained what makes these lyrics good.
>>
>>71200645
Your insecurity is showing, anon.
>>
>>71200755
And no one has showed why they're bad. Half of all these arguments are pure conjecture based on already existing opinions of fjm
>>
>>71200659
Don't forget to to tape down or tie the bag to your neck, anon.
>>
>>71200773
Well step up and explain why they're good.
>>
>>71200721
>listens to xiu xiu unironically
sucks dick ironically
>>
>>71200773
That's just not true, there have been like 20 long articulate comments about people disliking his music in this thread.
>>
>>71200874
Wow you're so witty! Shoe Shoe is for le homos and depressey weirdos xD how many levels of irony are you on? (^_____^)
>>
>>71200755
Which lyrics though?
>>
>>71200069
Agreed.

Sun Kil Moon fans relate to Mark. Who is insensitive, has no filter, is obsessed with death, and is a middle classed middle aged white American coming to terms with the world, but more than anything he's pissed and sad about all the above and seems uncomfortable in his own skin. It made Benji fantastic, but the latest 3 albums have been cringey to listen to, honestly.

FJM has actual talent, songwriting skills, poetic illustrations of society, and references that are difficult to decipher with the first couple listens. His music is dense and presents itself as special the more you listen to it.
>>
>>71200962
the level where i don't listen to that shit.
>>
>>71200914
With no specifics, just regurgitating the same shit over and over. That's he's pretentious, needlessly ironic, and verbose. You think fjm isn't aware of all these things?
>>
>>71201080
>actual talent blah blah
>poetic illustrarions of society
Post one (1) lyric that proves your point. You can't.
>>
>>71201151
Most of the comments are more about how he has no grasp of style and composition, has no real clue about relationships and uses his persona in the most boring ways. Self-awareness is the PoMo cliche ppl told you about.
>>
>>71201080

>Who is insensitive
>insensitive

Of all the criticisms for Mark Kozelek, how the fuck could you think he is insensitive? Did you listen to the new SKM album? That dude is brimming with love for life and his fellow people all over the world. He's highly emotional and sympathetic. Don't fall for the whole "hurr he's a problematic sexist asshole because he said this one thing on-stage one time as a joke" narrative that P4K and other sites have been trying to push recently.

>has no filter

That's part of what makes him so great. He doesn't dumb anything down, everything he says is honest and from the heart and speaking from real experience and beliefs.

>FJM has actual talent, songwriting skills, poetic illustrations of society, and references that are difficult to decipher with the first couple listens. His music is dense and presents itself as special the more you listen to it.

lmao so wrong, FJM just thinks that lots of pretty instrumentation equals good music, and he is not poetic at all, he's just a big facade of irony and pretentiousness. It's not difficult to decipher and it's not dense.
>>
>>71201159
>>71201236

>One man says "Take What's Yours"
> The other man says "Live On no more than you can't afford"
>But either way we just possess
>And everyone ends up with less
> On Both sides

Thats one of about 30 powerful verses on the new album just in case you people haven't clicked with it yet.

Also:
> Insensitive

May I remind you of The War on Drugs incident? Or the incident where he keeps on shitting on Dad-rock and new indie music? He's obviously an uneducated ignorant fuckhead
>>
>>71201080
Wtf is wrong with being middle class idiot?
>>71201412
Nothing about that is powerful
Finish high school ffs
>>
He still makes beautiful sounding music. I would not like to see this album in concert though, it feels like he'd not perform it and instead list out his grievances with the audience.

I still love Honeybear more. I don't think he'll ever make another album that amazing again.

He had a really strict religious upbringing didn't he? It kind of seems late in the day to fill songs with anti-religious sentiment.
>>
>>71201456
>what's wrong with being a middle class idiot
and then
>finish highschool insult
>>
>Names album Pure Comedy
>It's a tragedy

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>71201412
Honestly absolute trash.
>>
>>71201456
There's nothing wrong with being middle class, but that is his image within his music and it bores me to death.

Also that father John Misty line....it speaks and addresses a concept that has become every issue that there's ever been within currency and poverty. But I doubt you would be deep enough to see that, also I wouldn't expect a "middle class" white person to give a fuck or even "get" about half the things that FJM references.
>>
>>71196916
I think it's pretty good but it would be much better with some more variety like Honeybear had.
>>
>>71201574
I'm black. But I get it now. This is white privleage the album
>>
File: IMG_1230.png (1MB, 856x894px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1230.png
1MB, 856x894px
>>71201574
>I wouldn't expect a "middle class" white person to give a fuck or even "get" about half the things that FJM references
I knew FJM fans would be pseuds but this post, jeez
>>
>>71201674
Go listen to the new Future then my negro

>high fives the rest of the board
>>
>>71201718
If you don't understand his lyrical genius, it's most likely because you are a consumerist Whiteboy

Not bait by the way
>>
>>71201777
Kys racist
I ain't no ones fucking puppet
>>
>>71201574
so FJM is the J.Cole of Indie, I finally get it now. You need a certain level of intelligence to appreciate his deep commentary on society and stuff.
>>
>>71201412

>The War on Drugs incident?

It wasn't an "incident", it was a fucking joke that "journalists" blew out of proportion because he uses "problematic language" or something. Iirc he is actually apologized to the members of War On Drugs and got to know them. He was just pissed because their playing drowned out his playing at a festival.

>Or the incident where he keeps on shitting on Dad-rock and new indie music?

Citation please? On the new SKM album he praises some dadrock, and he pokes fun at indie music but it doesn't seem like he's "shitting on it" to me. And why would that be a bad thing anyways?
>>
>>71201818
or maybe he knows how fucking heavyhanded and shallow this whole trashy Piano Rock album is.
>>
Wait a second, did this leak??
>>
>>71201674
go finger your ass and smell your stink finger while you listen to some crap kanye.
>>
i like how the SKM fans are drastically more articulate than the FJM fans.

FJM is trash, face it pseuds.
>>
Lmao fjm is a fucking corporate hack
He's gonna be on Saturday night live
Fuck him
>>
>>71201835
>so FJM is the J.Cole of Indie

Fucking hell. I hate you so much right now.
>>
>>71201982
Lmao this is the the most subjective thing ever.

Leave it up to SKM fans to make a damn competition out of everything rather than just excepting that people have different opinions.

You guys are just like Mark. Kys
>>
>>71201987

>He's gonna be on Saturday night live

not that I disagree with you but a lot of great artists have performed on SNL.

A Tribe Called Quest did for example, and their last album was fantastic. Mark Kozelek said in an interview he liked them, too.
>>
>>71201412
You even misquoted the lyrics.

>>71201159
"One side says:
“Y’all go to hell”
The other says:
“If I believed in God I’d send you there”
But either way we make some space
In the hell that we create
On both sides

One side says:
“Kill ‘em all”
The other says:
“Line those killers up against the wall”
But either way some blood is shed
Thanks to our cooperation
On both sides

One side says:
“Man, take what’s yours!”
The other says:
“Live on no more than you can afford”
But either way we just posses
And everyone ends up with less
On both sides"

The song is called Two Wildly Different Perspectives. If you need it spelled out for you, the song is dealing with blind faith (be it in a religion or an ideology), ethnocentrism, genocide, poverty and income inequality, and the needless hostility all of these things engender when 'both sides' are really on the wrong side, and are two sides of the same coin, unwittingly perpetuating pain and misery that we all would mutually condemn, and yet all are in some way complicit. It's a plea for understanding, for unity, and for reflection and sanity. All in three simple verses.

Maybe you don't like the music, the man, or the lyrics, but for so many ideas to be in three small verses, that falls comfortably into the definition of poetry. The eloquent distillation of complex ideas and themes into something you can read and reflect on. And I fully expect some "nah, shit's trash" reply, but here's the one (1) example that more than satisfies the requirement.
>>
>>71202054
what? you mean SKM fans try to hard just like Mark? Whaaaaaaa????
>>
>>71201989
>>71201835
Yeah I guess. That's a fair comparison. FJM balances his ironic comedy to help balance out how serious his stories are. Which is always a witty way of keeping the emotions moving swiftly throughout a song/record. I'd say J Cole is just as introspective and limitless on what he tackles lyrically, but he doesn't seem to have that sense of humor Misty has
>>
>>71202085
Fjm confirmed jcole of indie. Requires high iq to understand his woke message
>>
>>71202085
Thanks for correcting the lyrics I posted. I'm on my phone so I didn't want to post them all.

Thanks
>>
>>71202090
you're that same retard who talked shit on Xiu Xiu as I can discern by your bitch-ass "kawaii ugu" texting style. I'm a scrawny motherfucker and have mostly lived with women all my live but I would beat your ass up for being so retarded and force you to read a fucking book so you can write messages like a real person and stop listening to Father J.Cole Misty.
>>
>>71202137
>limitless

I think you mean limited.
>>
>>71201718
>DFW
you're one to talk about pseudo-intellectualism
>>
>>71202560
>implying you've read Infinite Jest
>>
this album is the epitome of the liberal echo chamber yanking itself off
>>
>>71202649
Show us the liberal (modern liberal, not classic liberalism) ideas in it.
>>
>>71202691
Read>>71201574
Keep making fun of poor ppl libtards
>>
>>71202560
Walrus isn't a great author by any means but he definitely had more wit and insight than Father John Shitty (not that that's an accomplishment)
>>
>>71202777
Not a liberal idea. Next?
>>
>>71198528
trump bad
religion dumb
wall street corrupt
fuck borders

or whatever (this is me being aloof)
>>
>>71201151
>You think fjm isn't aware of all these things?

i know he is aware of these things and his desperate attempt to appear aloof is disingenuous and off-putting. add to that the fact that his observations on the current geopolitical climate are incredibly vapid and ill-informed.
>>
fags
>>
pretentious cunt: the album
>>
Anyone got a download?
>>
>>71205849

It's on pirate bay in 320
>>
Can I get the album in instrumental, or better is there a version where the lyrics are replaced with random melodic noises, because I like those.
>>
>>71202640
Except I have
>>
>>71202804
I wasn't comparing the two
>>
>>71205958
that's not helpful
>>
>>71205849
it's on the sharethread
Thread posts: 178
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.