[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Common as Light and Love are Red Valleys of Blood

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: common as.jpg (5KB, 234x215px) Image search: [Google]
common as.jpg
5KB, 234x215px
>Mark Kozelek shares a problem with many other US-based singer-songwriters: that they feel so out of touch with their age (both in terms of musical style and of lyrical content). These songs feel terribly provincial, almost as if he lived insulated from the Arab Spring, Islamic terrorism, China's economic boom and Silicon Valley. These are songs that don't resonate with anybody on the planet, except the few who know Kozelek particularly well. This is the album of an aging man with little or no interest and little or no contact with the world, who basically fantasizes about another world that doesn't exist anymore, but that paradoxically constitutes his lived life. One wonders whether Kozelek knows what a smartphone is, where Beijing is or who Putin is. They may surface in his songs when a metal-recycling neighbor picks up an iPhone from a garbage can or when a girlfriend uses a newspaper to wrap up a birthday gift.
Did the Koz just best the Scaruffmeister?
>>
how did you get THAT...

.. from that?
>>
> aging man with little or no interest and little or no contact with the world, who basically fantasizes about another world that doesn't exist anymore, but that paradoxically constitutes his lived life
I feel like scaruffi is projecting
>>
>>71193981
not sure who you're referring to...
>>
Scruffy's right about this one desu, I'm a huge fan of Mark's work, Benji's one of my favourite albums, but I feel like a lot of the cultural references on this album are a bit heavy handed for my liking.
>>
>>71194683
He wrote that about Benji, retard.
>>
>>71193911
My favourite thing about this is that on his next album, he sung about how he met the "smartest man in the world" and he had a flip phone. Immediately made me think of this. People can write off Scaruffi as a meme all they want, the guy knows what he's talking about.
>>
>>71194732
body blow
>>
>>71194768
Reacting in a negative conservative sense to the modern age is still a reaction. Meh seems like a lazy write-off still to me.
>>
>>71195052
>>71194732
>>71194683
this is way too funny a sequence
>>
this is a comedy album,isn't it?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.