[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kid A vs. OK Computer

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: kid_a.jpg (274KB, 1437x1437px) Image search: [Google]
kid_a.jpg
274KB, 1437x1437px
Which is better, and why?

>hint: pic rel
>>
>>71193502
worng. absolutely ok computer because vocals lines and musical instruments work better togheter
>>
>>71193738
oh dear

wrong. Kid A is a more cohesive album and is better paced than OKC.

It seems that your argument is that OKC is better because it is more conventional, given your citation of "vocal lines" and "musical instruments". Kid A is obviously untraditional and beyond that, unfamiliar, but it's replayability from start to finish and overall vision as an album is more complete than OKC.
>>
File: amnesiac.jpg (16KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
amnesiac.jpg
16KB, 300x300px
this one
>>
Objectively, OK Computer
>>
>>71193502
the one you enjoy more
>>
It has to be Kid A. Been awhile since I last listened to either of them but
>>71193738
how can you say that OK Computer's musical instruments work better together? Kid A is much more cohesive, yet much more variable in the sounds it conveys. OK Computer has almost no electronics - just plain rock that loses its merit after you listen to more experimental rock.

Kid A just has a lot more to offer, the orchestra in National Anthem and the reoccuring idm/ambient sounds (which do sound less exciting after you realize they're mostly ripped off from Aphex Twin/Autechre etc)
>>
>>71193502
I just love Kid A so much more than Ok Computer.
Though it is so exhausting to listen to Kid A that I listen a lot more to Ok Computer.
Moreover if I just have to listen to a single song it won't be one from Kid A.

Tricky question for sure ...
I just think Kid A is far more personnal and emotional than Ok computer, but the last is an extraordinary cohesive and brilliant piece of music too.
>>
>>71193502

OK Computer

that album is flawless imo

still good today
>>
>>71193502
Kid A because I said so
>>
>>71194506
>>71194548
>>71193502
>>71194810

OK Computer > Kid A
My taste > Your taste

/thread
>>
OK Computer's Achilles' heel was ending with the most boring song ever
>>
>>71195234
It didn't end with Exit Music
>>
>>71195234
>>71195289
>The Tourist
>Exit Music (For a film)
>Boring.

You people are the boring ones. The only weakness Ok Computer had was Fitter Happier. Not even Electioneering. Only Fitter Happier.

>inb4 "it was progressive and it's actually a good song" it's not. A robotic voice talking does not qualify as music. And no, it is not groundbreaking nor was it innovative. Go fuck yourself snobby crap
>>
>>71195944
But it is a really great interlude track when you listen to the album in a whole. Gives a really good atmosphere.

And Electioneering is a good song, but definitely not fitting within Ok Computer. It destroys the mood that was set in in the first place
>>
Mo like Kid Anus
>>
OK Computer is far superior. But it's too popular, so I'll go with Kid A to seem more interesting.
>>
computer was the superior one
>>
>>71194094
This
>>
>>71196497
This what?
>>
are you guys gonna be done with this kid a vs ok computer shit soon???????
>>
>>71193502
Hid A what?
>>
File: sunc3aQ.jpg (60KB, 653x495px) Image search: [Google]
sunc3aQ.jpg
60KB, 653x495px
>2017
>still liking radiopleb
>>
>>71193502
OK Computer

Kid A is a meme
>>
File: 4chan stupidity.gif (39KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
4chan stupidity.gif
39KB, 300x100px
ur gonna start a war
>>
File: disdain for plebs.jpg (6KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
disdain for plebs.jpg
6KB, 223x226px
Kid A
seriously Ok Computer is a fantastic rock album, but if you can't understand Kid A you should kill yourself
>>
>>71193502
I could never get into OKC.

It's like I'm looking at a painting and can appreciate its depth and the skill used to make it, but I can't for some reason enjoy it. Maybe it's just executed in a terrible fashion? I really don't know.
>>
>>71195000
Trips confirm
>>
>>71197587
I heard the whole album was put through a reverb pedal. Maybe thats why.
>>
>>71197615
are you joking?
>>
>>71193502
bleeps vs. twangs
>>
>>71197316
/thread
>>
kid a fans: cohesive, cohesive cohesive cohesion cohesiveness in cohesive cohesion
okc fans: snobs, traditions, traditional, musical, instruments

dubz: huh you actually don't know amnesiac/the bends are the best radiohead? Sad!
>>
>>71193502
Electioneering feels like you're being forced to listen to Pablo Honey halfway through a good album. It's jarring and I don't like it.
>>
Yes, Ok Computer has way too much guitar. It has highlights but Kid A is the true and only masterpiece by Radiohead
>>
>>71198704
lol fuck you
>>
>>71197535
>disdain for plebs
>likes Kid A (and thinks it isnt ghetto amnesiac)
(you)
>>
In Rainbows > Amnesiac > Kid A > OK Computer
>>
>>71199188
bruh no way
>>
>>71193790
too much clean sound in kid a. i prefer something less clear like okc
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.