[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why do we hate it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 2

File: Folder.jpg (337KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Folder.jpg
337KB, 800x800px
So why do we hate it?
>>
because i didn't like it and you're all droning my taste
>>
>>71176181
Tame Impala is for people who are trying to get back into the womb
>>
>>71176181
Wasn't nearly as good as their previous works. That's it
>>
>>71176181

The entire album is about how the currents of life drift you apart from someone you are in a relationship with. So how can a board of asocial, permavirgins relate to that?
>>
>>71176454
lollllll

>>71176871
>People don't like retrofetishizing trash designed to appeal to American Apparel shopping basic women and redditors
>"Hurr durr ur just virgins!!"
>>
>>71176181
Get To Heaven by Everything Everything is a much better and more meaningful pop album than anything made by tame shitpala.
>>
>>71176181
because it's popular
>>
>>71176871
You hit the nail on the head.

None of the virgins on this board will never know the feel of being on acid & fucking to this album.
>>
>>71177500
>better and more meaningful

Explain
>>
>>71177422
>using the term retrofetishizing, hating on a clothing company because of your idea of who shops there, salty about women and redditors
Sounds like a virgin to me
>>
if pitchfork gives it over a 9, then aren't you cunts obligated to enjoy it? XD
>>
>>71176610
Wrong
>>
>>71177603
>uses virgin as an insult

besides the fact that I'm not, you're an idiot who can't argue that i'm saying this album is trite and basic, so you have to attack who I am

>Uses salty

thanks for confirming you're using slang to be "in", kind of like how Tame Impala fans are obsessed with "being cool" rather than finding good and compelling music

>inb4 "it's subjective broooo"

>>71177580
and why would I want to?

Only someone who has no personality of their own would want to do acid and have sex to this album. You're basically saying how much you desire to be cool in your peer group.
>>
I like it.
Not everything has to have some sort of reasoning behind it idk. You guys overthink too much.
>>
>>71177820
>its just chill bro
>you guys think too much

You're actually telling people to think about things less. lol

yeah guys if you have an opinion on things just make sure to think less, it's a bad idea to think
and it makes it harder to sell this trash music
>>
>>71176181
I like it, it's got some groovy sounds and good melodies. It sounds sexy and I don't really need anything more than that to like it.
>>
>>71177872
We've now covered all the shillbases

>Drugs are cool and Im cool and I listen to this album
>I just like it idk man
>It's sexually appealing
>You're a virgin if you don't like it

Hope you've enjoyed your daily Tame Impala advertising.
>>
People who disliked it just can't into pop. He tried to be like Britney and succeeded
It's my fave in their discography, even though Lonerism is probably better objectivelly, but Currents appeal to my personal tastes way more.
It would be awesome for Kevin to alienate his audience and do a complete 180 on the next LP
>>
>>71177923
Ahh the one I missed

>You guys just dont understand
>>
>>71177768
Unfortunately you are quite far off. I actually phased out whatever "peer group" I wanted to be appear "cool" to long after graduating and before ever listening to Tame Impala. Unlike you, I'm not a child and don't listen to music to "fit in" or prove to my DIY friends how anti-capitalist I am xD
>>
>>71177863
You're ironically kind of oversimplifying what I think that anon was getting at. While I think that analysis and reflection are very important elements in evaluating art I don't think you should discount your visceral reaction or "gut feeling" when it comes to matters of taste. There's no reason to try and rationalize yourself into disliking something you like. Instead you should try to figure out exactly what about that thing made you like it so much. You'll learn more about yourself, and that's maybe the best thing art can do for you.
>>
i've never listened to it

this is groovy tho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAcaAeIwl1Q
>>
>>71177945
"xD"

That's all I need to hear from you

>>71177951
My visceral reaction is that this is sugary, hackenyed pop music with no heart.

I don't need to rationalize, as soon as I heard them I knew I didn't like them. I gave them many many chances and always left with the same feeling.
>>
>>71178042
The XD was very intentional. I knew it would trigger you and it worked
>>
>>71177937
There's nothing to understand. Typical rockist faggots who can't enjoy something fun. It's not like his lyricism changed
>>
>>71178060
>It's just a prank bro
>>
>>71176181
Tame impala not that good
>>
>>71178071
>Rockist

All his albums suck if you're implying I like lonerism and innerspeaker and not this.

I like good music. This is not good music.
>>
>>71178082
>being this mad about philanderers enjoying TI
>>
>>71178099
You sound pressed. Why do you care then? And artist you never liked released an album you disliked and two years after that you decided to tell /mu/ about it?
>>
because its popular
>>
>>71178042
I also don't think you need to rationalize why you dislike something you dislike. I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't.
Also, I agree with it being sugary, but honestly I like sugary music.
>>
>>71178099
>I like good music
care to provide some examples?
>>
>>71176181
Eh I like it.
I hoped more for it but it's nice.
I really like the warm 80's synths, teenage, CRT screen progressions and that perfect square of white-noise static snare.

I really disliked the in your face lyrics (Let It Happen and Disciples excluded), the unrelenting cheese that melts from it's deep friend pores, over simplistic songwriting (especially looking back at his previous two albums) and the album closer. One of the worst songs to appear on a pop record ever. Seriously Kevin, baka.
>>
>>71178084
Swans is probably your favorite band
>>
>>71177422
you're as obsessed with image as your strawmen are, if not more
>>
>>71176181
Virgins
>>
>>71178111
Yeah those on the internet claiming to get laid always tell the truth ahahah

>mad

When no argument about the music is able to be had, the anon resorts to u mad-isms

>>71178143
>pressed

>Why do you care

>"If you dont like it why are you talking hurr durr"

Hmm, it's almost as if a discussion is being had on a music board. It's almost as if there are varying opinions and this becomes apparent through said discussion.

>>71178171
I do as well, I don't, however, like music pretending to be something it isn't. And that's what I think this music does.
>>
>>71178317
I strawmen strawmen bitch

If you want to start at the beginning with just straight discussion and no "you're a virgin" insults designed to frame this music as "cool" and "hip" then let's have at it friend.
>>
>>71178385
how do you figure that this album and TI in general are disingenuous
what's wrong with disingenuous music
>>
while i didnt like currents i've liked innerspeaker and lonerism a lot and it has nothing to do with image lmao
>>
>>71176610
Actually it's the only good thing in their discography
>>
>>71178351
You know, you do have a point about resorting to u mad-isms. But shouldn't you be listening to Merzbow right now? You clearly don't give a shit about pop music. Sorry that you're incapable of relating to the lyrics because you're borderline socially autistic
>>
>>71178421
It's marketed as deeper than it is. It's also marketed as "fresh" when it's clearly just rehashing old ideas.

I was listening to some Todd Rundgren and realized that Tame Impala basically took his sound and simplified it to the nth degree and repackaged it for people this gen. Of course they ate it up. (There's more they rip from, obviously. This one always triggers TI fans, but Beatles as well, obviously)

Tame Impala, as far as I'm concerned, are more marketing than actual musicality. Obviously not literally, but it feels like Kevin is specifically putting his creative energy into recalling sounds of the past in a hacky way, because why?

That's right, it sells. The White Stripes method,
the Stray Cats method.
>>
>>71178351
>I do as well, I don't, however, like music pretending to be something it isn't. And that's what I think this music does.

This is the dumbest thing I've read all day and I spent today reading r/relationships for laughs. What exactly is a fucking tame impala album pretending to be exactly?
>>
>>71178524
So now it becomes about my ability to relate to lyrics hahah.

I love pop, this is bad pop. I don't even pay attention to the lyrics initially, and what I've seen from these guys is absolutely nothing of note.
>>
>>71176181
It's their best album but an 8/10 tho

Also Reality in Motion and New Person, Same Old Mistakes are the best songs on the album
>>
>>71178579
It's pretending to not be lowest common denominator easy-listening level retro rock.
>>
>>71178614
No it isn't.
>>
>>71178620
Yes it is. People sing Tame Impala's praises like they're some sign of rock's grand revival when it's just obsessed with the past and painfully boring.
>>
>>71178652
That's their fans, not the music itself.
>>
>>71178652
You're upset over the popularity itself of the album. It's okay to admit
>>
>>71178667
Good point. But I feel that Kevin is playing into that, he knew he'd get that reaction because it's marketing>artistry.

It also plays into the whole "stoner" thing, "psychedelia" as evidenced by the acid taking dude earlier in the thread. "Do drugs to this, it's so chill and trippy broooo"
>>
>>71178687
I guess? It's just interesting to see all these people fall for such awful music. I feel the same way about Mac Demarco fans.
>>
>>71178716
Maybe because music and drugs are supposed to mix. It's the same reason the Hardcore movement was the worst era in music history
>>
Much like Mac DeMarco, people getting mad about Tame Impala will never be anything other than hilarious.
>>
this band is the masculine version of CHVRCHES

aka shit synth pop that tries to be edgy and appeal to the regular /mu user

>inb4 lonerism desu desu xd
>>
>>71178758
>U mad

thanks again for avoiding the argument

>>71178749
Lol actually funny

Drugs are notorious for making music better than it actually is. It's why I accidentally became a gucci mane fan.
>>
>>71177911
I enjoyed it immensely when I was just lying on the beach last summer. In my opinion, it's good music for the summer.

Stop being so bitter. What great music do you listen to?
>>
>>71176181
Serious question: anyone smoke weed everyday and hate this album?
>>
>>71178779
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>71178855

you forgot to add desu desu, almost worked dude
>>
>>71178840
I was really high when I saw them and had a bad time because there was a massive storm cloud overhead and was convinced it was about to piss it down so I felt anxious.

Don't smoke weed every day tho, too expensive.
>>
>>71178855
he's right though

>>71178816
I don't have any need to discuss music I like, because I know exactly what you're trying to do. As soon as I say an artist that you don't like, it'll be about how my taste is this or that. We're talking Tame Impala, and it has nothing to do with bitterness. This music sucks. I have to force myself to enjoy this in order to not be bitter?
>>
>>71178740
Actually, both tame impala and Mac DeMarco make good music, friend :)
>>
>>71178956
sure it may be pleasant to the ear, but it's shit artistically.
>>
>>71176181
Taste is subjective.

/thread

Yes I /threaded my own post, fuck off.
>>
>>71178978
In their genres, it's actually a good artistic choice to make pleasant sounding music.

On a related note, it's also why it was a bad choice to have a free jazz section in a fleet foxes song
>>
>>71179031
>it's actually a good artistic choice to make pleasant sounding music

never said there was a problem with making pleasant sounding music. I'm just saying it's shit from an artistic perspective.

Things can be pleasant and good artistically

Things can be pleasant and bad artistically.
>>
>>71176610
>i don't like something because its author has done better things

this is /mu/ alright
>>
>>71178918
Yes. Go "oh man I love this song" when someone puts on "the less I know the better " and you'll be a much happier, well rounded person.
>>
>>71178918
I don't disagree with him but to compare tame impala to CHVRCHES is just insulting
>>
>>71179095
You've probably never listened to classical music then
>>
>>71179109
>Let me brainwash you

So creepy

>you'll be happier if you just lose your opinion anon, just do ittttt

>>71179143
And what if I didn't? I do but if I didn't how is that in anyway relevant to the discussion?
>>
>>71179095
Give me examples of non pleasant sounding psych pop in the vein of tame impala
>>
>>71179183
I don't think you're understanding me.

I'm not equating pleasant sounding with bad artistic choices. I'm saying just because something is pleasant sounding, doesn't mean it's good artistically. I'm also not talking about psych pop as a whole, I'm talking about the band Tame Impala.
>>
>>71179173
You don't really have an ear for melodies is what I'm getting at
>>
>>71179238
>you don't have an ear for melodies because you don't like the same band I do

nice opinion you have there
>>
>>71176181
Because it's popular
>>
In 10 years you're going to look back to days like this where you would spend hours vehemently arguing over subjects you give some sort of meaning but actually are just superfluous nonsense like this.
>>
>>71179265
Sorry you don't have perfect pitch like me. Maybe you should go sulk & listen to Burzum
>>
>>71179296
I have nothing better to do for today so I dont mind
>>
>>71179317
>perfect pitch like me

Wow it's incredible, it's like I don't even care at all

I appreciate you informing us all of your ability literally no one cares about though
>>
>>71179341
You still haven't given us any of your examples of "good pop" yet. I'm waiting
>>
>>71179296
We're quite literally wasting time. All of us, we could be putting our minds and energy towards some sort of project.
>>
>>71179226
Your argument fails because Currents is a good album artistically.
>>
Baffling that this board will praise something like Discovery by Daft Punk yet deem Currents as pure garbage
>>
>>71177580
I do and I still hate it
>>
>>71179398
how so
>>
>>71178840
I do and I'm pretty neutral on them, I sometimes play them around normies.

Innerspeaker>Currents>Lonerism.
>>
>>71179812
Respect
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.