[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How long does it take to get band-ready?t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: bass-guitar-wallpaper-8[1].jpg (106KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
bass-guitar-wallpaper-8[1].jpg
106KB, 1440x900px
I've always sort of had this fantasy of being in some small-time band and meeting chill cynical qts, but I have a really skewed perception of what age that's supposed to be at? Would 25 be too late for that or nah? Learning bass.
>>
never really too late, except for the qt meeting thing. college chicks romanticize the talentless, twenty somethings really just wanna get fucked up in the peace of hearing the music. not gonna get any working age groupies
>>
>>71169160
> not gonna get any working age groupies

A shame but pretty understandable. I wonder what the cutoff age as the performer is for meeting those sorts.
>>
>>71168693
You're not too old just yet, but I feel like I should warn you that if you pick up any chicks you should be prepared to explain to them the difference between a guitar and a bass at LEAST once, which is more frustrating then it sounds.
>>
>>71172139
Really? I guess I never really gave that much thought.

But it should be noted that I'm fresh to learning this stuff. I don't know what level of skill is really required for garage band tier performing.
>>
>>71172264
"Skill levels" are hard to define, but what you're talking about sounds like something most people with two brain cells to rub together can easily pick up within a year, less if you're taking lessons.
>>
>>71172360
Sounds good. There's posters up on campus all the time looking for new band members, typically bassists at that.

Is there something about the bass that just make people quit bands or something?
>>
>>71172434
Nobody gives a shit about the bass
>>
>>71172434
Nah, it's more so that a) bass tends to take a backseat to guitar in terms of public visibility so you just wind up with a glut of guitar players or b) few bass players really learn to play and use the instrument properly.

Learn some basic music theory as you learn bass technique, and try to pick up on some basic keys playing, and you'll be fifty times more useful/desirable than 90% of other bass players out there.

Just aspire to be Jaco Pastorious. You'll never get there (and you don't need to reach that level to play in a garage band) but you'll learn so much along the way that no one will care because of how great you'll be.
>>
>>71169160
I do see a few older women at a few of the gigs I attend in a college town and whilst they are there, I'd hardly call them desireable.
>>71170067
>>
>>71172453
Nobody gives a shit about me either so it works out.

>>71172542
Will do.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.