[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this better than anything The Beatles ever put out? If not,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: john lennon plastic ono band.jpg (335KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
john lennon plastic ono band.jpg
335KB, 1300x1300px
Is this better than anything The Beatles ever put out? If not, can we all at least agree that this is the best thing to come out post-Beatles?
>>
no
no
>>
It has a stronger emotional impact than any Beatles record, at the least.
>>
>>71168473
if you posted yoko ono's version of this record i'd be inclined to agree with you
>>
>>71168473
WHHHYYYYYYYYYY
WHYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>71168473
Yes and yes.

The most beautiful album of the 70's possibly. Better than any Beatles or McCartney works, and much more emotive and from the heart
>>
Unrelated: Is any of his other solo albums worth checking out else than this and Imagine?
>>
>Lennon and his Jap- Hot Shit Vol. I
>>
It's a good album but not better than Beatles and both Paul and George has better solo albums.
>>
I want to say yes, but then IMAGINE has this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=coeW1GJJ6Qs
>>
>>71169437
Walls and bridges is a must
>>
>>71168473
it's a good album but it's more from a pyschological POV than the actual music itself. all things must pass is the best beatles solo album
>>
>>71169437
Live Peace In Toronto
>>
Imagine is better
>>
>>71168473
no
no (ram is better and band on the run is close)
>>
>>71168486
no and learn how to speak, you fucking heathen
>>
>>71168486
the john lennon meme on here needs to die
>le sadness
>le emotional impact
>>
>>71168473
All Things Must Pass > Ram > Plastic Ono Band > Ringo
>>
Lol not quite my friend. Imagine is better. Let's just get solo album rankings out of the way

1. All Things Must Pass
>POWER GAP<
2. Band on the Run
3. Ram
4. Imagine
5. McCartney
6. Plastic Ono Band
>POWER GAP<
7. Living in the Material World
8. Anything Ringo ever did
>>
Why did they all produce their best solo stuff within a few years of the breakup? I was introduced to the best ex-Beatle stuff as a kid without really any context and I assumed all these great songs must have been spread out over decades-long solo careers (or decade in the case of John) but 90% are from 1970-1973.
>>
>>71174181

Many great musicians works are earlier in their careers in general.
>>
>>71172395
are you actually implying that the ringo s/t album isn't better than imagine or band on the run?
>>
File: awyis.jpg (6KB, 300x166px) Image search: [Google]
awyis.jpg
6KB, 300x166px
>>71171067
Fuck yeah
>>
>>71171634
This
>>
John Lennon always tires me out for some reason. Like Plastinc Ono Band is decent, but I've listened to it a few years ago and don't have an urge to re listen to it again.

While George's and Paul's solo work is a bit more engaging and better I think
>>
>John Lennon = Poser trying to make "thoughtful" and "deep" music while pretending he's not making millions of dollars

>George = Plagiarist who got lucky

>Ringo = Who?

>Paul = Not lying about who and what he is and makes fun pop music for the masses, all while shamelessly making millions of dollars

Paul is objectively the most genuine and likeable Beatle, and his music reflects that. Its actually probably a good thing Lennon died, or else he'd probably become an even more unlikable and pretentious Roger Waters
>>
>>71176910
This is bait but I actually kind of agree.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.