[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /mu/ How does one go about learning music production? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: guitar.jpg (121KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
121KB, 1024x1024px
Hey /mu/

How does one go about learning music production? What are the basic essentials someone should look into if they're wishing to pursue it? Does it require an already established understanding of how to play piano/keyboard?

I know this ain't a meme thread but if you could point me in the right direction to mabe some learning materials that'd be appreciated ;- )
>>
you don't necessarily need to know how to play piano but rather a rough idea. Just start out by establishing your favorite producers and seeing how they make their beats. TL;DR learn the Basic Essentials from people you respect.
>>
>>71169608
fucking hamster and your tiny ass banjo

you don't surf you never surfed

fuck outta here with your bullshit guitar
>>
Just get a daw and learn how to use that you don't have to know how to play piano but it dosent hurt to learn how. If you have a mac logic is pretty simple to learn to use but ableton FL studios and reaper are some other pretty popular ones. Also get a midi key board theyre around 100 for a decent one on Amazon and it makes inputting notes a lot easier. Or you could throw your money down a pit and go hardware only
>>
>>71167914

I can teach you.
>>
>>71170882

bonsaibyte at gmail
>>
>>71170882
Can you teach me too ?
>>
>>71170882
teach me, anonymous
>>
>>71167914
I'm guessing you want to do electronic music?
Get one DAW, one subtractive analog softsynth and one softsampler and read the manual for all three back to front.

Then try recreating the sounds of songs you like with those three things and the DAW's built in fx. You can learn a lot that way and just googling what the artist uses or how to get x kind of sound.
>>
Go to Youtube and just watch tutorials on beats for your DAW
busyworksbeats is good
AcestoAces helped me out
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.