[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HONEY LOVE YOU HONEY LITTLE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Sydbarrett-madcaplaughs.jpg (109KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sydbarrett-madcaplaughs.jpg
109KB, 500x500px
HONEY LOVE YOU HONEY LITTLE
>>
>>71148186
Syd would have been up there with the Beatles and David Bowie if he didn't lose his fucking mind.
>>
>>71148409
I just can't imagine him not losing his mind.
>>
>>71148186
>Oh where are you now/Pussy willow that smiled on this leaf?

the best
>>
>>71148418
did he though?
I can't blame anyone decent from getting as far away from the music industry as possible.
>>
>>71148418
Of course not. That became his entire persona unfortunately.
But listen to his writing throughout all his work and it's impossible to ignore how much potential he had. It's really heartbreaking honestly. Jugband Blues always makes me sad as hell.
>>71148435
One of my favorites. Such an emotional piece.
>>
File: Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg (7KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
Syd_Barrett_Abbey_Road_1975.jpg
7KB, 275x270px
>>71148457
He showed up unannounced to the recording of Wish You Were here looking like this. You tell me.
>>
>>71148516
Yeah, have seen those pics before.

Doesn't mean he was crazy though. Maybe he just wanted to get away from that world. Like I said, I can't blame him.
>>
In the sad town
Cold iron hands clap
The party of clowns outside
Rain falls in gray far away
Please, please, baby lemonade
>>
>>71148557
You gotta read the stories the other Floyd members tell about him. You can tell he was cracking up.
>>
>>71148585
if you believe they're on the level.

Not saying I know. Could have been too much LSD, or maybe he just wanted out.

I've seen some of the paintings he was doing post fame. They're not bad/crazy.
>>
>>71148617
I doubt Gilmour or Waters would lie about what happened. They were both good friends with him before the band. And yeah I think it was LSD. He basically was on it all the time. There's no way that doesn't fuck someone up royally.
>>
>>71148499
>>71148418
>>71148409
In that regard, Syd kind of reminds me of Jeff Mangum. It sucks that they stopped writing music, but the same magical quality they had that makes them such otherworldly songwriters is also the quality that made them so temporary. They're like lightning in a bottle. The same quality that made Syd write "Floating, bumping, noses dodge a tooth, the fins a luminous" is the same quality that made him decide to quit music and just tend to his garden for the rest of his life.
>>
>>71148569
I'm screaming i met you this way
you're nice to me like ice
in the clock they sent through a washing machine
come around make it soon, so alone..

:'(
>>
>>71148767
I think that's a really good comparison actually. They both have the "what could have been" factor. And the fact that they both left music is one of the reasons they're such alluring figures.
>>
File: 1481488528483.jpg (111KB, 660x582px) Image search: [Google]
1481488528483.jpg
111KB, 660x582px
Won't you miss me?
Wouldn't you miss me at all?
>>
>>71148767
>>71148843
>what could have been
It could possibly still be

http://pitchfork.com/news/69153-neutral-milk-hotel-drawings-spark-speculation-about-new-double-album/
>>
>>71149031
except the clues are for a new Olivia Tremor Control album, not a Neutral Milk Hotel album
>>
>>71149031
If they did release a new album, what are the chances he's got another masterpiece left in him after all these years?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.