[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Relapse is Eminem's best album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Relapse_(album).jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Relapse_(album).jpg
51KB, 300x300px
Eminem took every aspect of his music that was controversial and just magnified it infinitely. The album seamlessly jokes about topics regarding incest, pedophilia, gay rape, drugs, misogyny, slicing people up, more drugs, depression, hatred, and even more drugs. This is probably the only album where Eminem really did just whatever the fuck he wanted to. If you're wondering how any of this could add up to a decent album, then don't worry, you're just like the other millions of people who hold this as Eminem's worst album. If you look deeper, however, you might find it to be quite the opposite.

The album starts off with a skit setting up the entire theme. Marshall has a nightmare that his rehabilitation doctor Dr. West is actually a personification of his drug addiction. The doctors voice becomes more and more demonic and Marshall's screams fade away, only for him to wake up to find that, not only had he relapsed back into drugs, but back into an apparent serial-killer tendency. It is evident by this skit that listeners should not be expecting a blunt, down-to-Earth album ahead of them. Instead, one should look forward to a deep voyage into the mind of a crazy addict with a dark past, an album that you can listen to when your mental state has hit "fuck-it" mode and you just need to listen to something to take you off the rails for a few minutes, an allegorical tale of the parallels between a crazed-bloodshedding-maniac and a depressed addict.

1/2
>>
>>71147467

The majority of the album consists of Eminem performing rhyme aerobics while pushing the envelope of atrocious lyrics as far as possible. This is the reason for the odd middle-Eastern accent which shady utilizes constantly. The accent helps Em bend words to complete more complex rhyme schemes. It sounds odd at first, but with enough listens, one might realize that the words seamlessly flow over each other, adding a defining touch to the album. The second verse of Stay Wide Awake, for example holds the same FOUR SYLLABLE rhyme scheme for nearly 2 full minutes. It is really quite an incredible feat. Admittedly, the insane crudeness of this album CAN get old. It's not every day that I want to be reminded that poor little 10 year old Marshall was supposedly force-fed Valium. Thankfully, the last fourth of it takes a turn. Marshall continues his tongue-in-cheek, sarcastic manner in what should be a very realistic view of a drug addict's shameful life in Deja Vu. Almost as if to hide his pain, Marshall jokingly rambles off a dark, solemn tale of how drugs have ruined his life. The last line of the final verse goes as follows, "Go in the room and shut the bedroom door and wake up with an ambulance, they said they found me on the bathroom floor, damn". The only truly self-aware part of the song is the chorus, in which Marshall explains to readers how alone he is and how he doesn't know how to climb out of the hole he has dug himself in. This track, immediately after an album of scurvy, rapey jokes adds up to an impressionable, heartrending musical collection. An allegory of a joking persona born from a dark, scary past of drugs and horror. This album truly is a masterpiece.

2/2
>>
>>71147473
>>71147467
It's time to play a game, /mu/!

Is it copypasta or his genuine feelings?

(Seriously I can't tell...)
>>
>>71147552

Genuine feelings, it is truly a masterpiece. Read this and listen. You will see what I'm saying. It's so underrated, man.
>>
>>71147552

Hi Herbieanon or should I say, "Mister Lovebug!"

L.O.L (This stands for Laughing Out Loud B.T.W)

Haha! (Sorry, just made myself snort again! Tee-Hee!)

Anyway, I hope your night is going well, old chum. Until next time, M'dame.
>>
>>71147467
That album blows. Most of the beats suck and the choruses/hooks are lame.
>>
>>71147467
1. SSLP
2. MMLP
3. TES
4. MMLP2
5. Infinite
6. Encore
7. Relapse
8. Recovery
>>
>>71147467
It was definitely an interesting time in his career, as was the Encore era
>>
>>71147467
MMLP > TES > SSLP > Relapse > MMLP2 > Infinite > Encore > Recovery
>>
>>71147552
>oh no this guy doesnt conform to mus standard must be joking XD
>>
>>71147775

LOlwut the beats are some of his best and had some good choruses

>>71147931

lolwut

>>71147957

Agreed
>>
I'M NOT AFRAAIIIID (NOT AFRAAIIIID)
>>
>>71148815
wrong album fammo
>>
Eminem himself wasn't too happy with the album, as he admits on 'Not Afraid', and I don't personally think Relapse contends with most of his earlier stuff
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.