[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people like this shit? I was told that it was gonna be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1925.jpg (38KB, 316x315px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1925.jpg
38KB, 316x315px
Why do people like this shit? I was told that it was gonna be this dark, edgy, violent, vile thing, but the edgiest thing that happens is the guy screams a couple times. The rest is just
>synthesized drum beat
>synth riff
>maybe some distorted sounds to make up a bass
>guy breaths into microphone like he's masturbating
>>
>>71130342
mainly i like its minimalism. i dont know, it just very stark.
>>
listen to the lyrics, maybe
>>
>>71130342
It was edgy for it's time and some people say it kick started the whole punk thing.
It's historically significant but isn't the masterpiece many hold it to.
Still like it though.
>>
>>71130355
It's just... almost so minimal it's like I'm not even listening to anything
I mean I'm all for minimalism in music, some of my favorite albums are incredibly minimal in sound, but this is like they're not even trying
Plus I don't get the argument that this "started" punk, how can anyone look at "long quiet minimal synth riff" and make the leap to "incredibly loud, fast, and violent power chords"?
>>
>>71130387
>Plus I don't get the argument that this "started" punk, how can anyone look at "long quiet minimal synth riff" and make the leap to "incredibly loud, fast, and violent power chords"?

The argument is that it kickstarted post-punk, as punk was already full steam ahead in 1977.
>>
>>71130387
Punk was a return to 50s style rock n roll, and thats what this album is structurally, a rockabilly album. Its really not that edgy, but when u view itbthru a 70s lens you kinda get it. They somehow made this already decades old, dead genre sound new af. Like back then you wouldnt think somebody could make a rock n roll record sound like this
>>
>>71130387
the "starting punk" is more in reference to their live shows which were a lot more extravagant and violent than the studio recordings
>>
File: hmm.png (36KB, 500x566px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
36KB, 500x566px
>be driving back from work
>phone out of charge, turn on random radio station
>they're playing a "song" called frankie teardrop by suicide
>stick around with it for the gimmick factor
>get home
>look up reviews
>scaruffi 9/10

I have thus heard the full album and still don't see the big deal, I liked Cheri
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.