[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did the Beach Boys invent chillwave?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: sunflower.jpg (240KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
sunflower.jpg
240KB, 1000x1000px
Did the Beach Boys invent chillwave?
>>
I'm surprised that track hasn't ended up In more movies and Vidya
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (88KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
88KB, 1920x1080px
>>71122783
this guy certainly did
>>
>>71122783
>chillwave
Are you just inventing genres now?
>>
wikipedia does in fact cite that song as being maybe the earliest example of chillwave

>>71123228
It freaks me out how old I am that there are musically-aware people who are old enough or almost old enough to drink who are too young to remember the days of Hipsterrunoff and Carles and shit
>>
I'm dumb, which song are we talking about?
>>
>>71123344
All I Wanna Do
>>
>>71123228
Like, I was going to accuse you of being underage, but then I did the math and realized you could be 20 years old and still barely to young to have been around for the days when chillwave ruled the world.

It was the original meme genre. Before vaporwave, before seapunk, before witchhouse.

Anyone remember how they used to call witch house "rape gaze"?
>>
No, Devo did.
>>
>>71122783
I wouldn't say they invented it, and chalk it up to a coincidence, as I'm sure that most of the artist who were apart of that genre probably never heard the song while the genre was forming.
Panda Bear is probably the closest artist to influencing and I would say Neon Indian actually invented it.
Not really saying much because it's not even really a genre, most of these bands would fit in with dream pop.
>>
>>71123228
ride the chill wave
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzcCCOC77Wc
>>
DEEEEEIRDREEEE
>>
>listen to "Beach Boys - All I Wanna Do"
>listen to "Animal Collective - Guys Eyes" right after

it all makes sense
>>
>>71122783
they predicted the whole course of indie rock post-2010
>>
>>71123309
carles sucked ass
get over yourself. also he would call u a faggot
>>
>>71123228
holy fuck please leave you memerap faggot
>>
>>71124999
Stay mad, homo
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.