[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just curious, what does everyone actually think of this band.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: U2.jpg (163KB, 1296x730px) Image search: [Google]
U2.jpg
163KB, 1296x730px
Just curious, what does everyone actually think of this band. I know they get a lot of hate, and Bono's a dickhead, but is their music really that bad? I haven't listened to their new album and probably won't, but songs like Vertigo, the Sweetest thing, where the streets have no name are all bangers imo.
>>
Nobody on /mu/ has actually listened to their 80s material and only hates them because of Vertigo and that South Park episode.
>>
fuck u2
>>
They are one of those super popular band that I can't get into at all. I listened to a few of their classic 80's albums, and just didn't enjoy them.
>>
>>71122355
>>71122333

Joshua Tree and War are legitimately good albums.
>>
Fuck The Edge. Fuck anyone who refers to themselves in the third person, and especially fuck anyone who has a dumb nickname like "The Edge" and insists on being referred to by that name by people he interacts with on a day to day basis. Fuck him for paying the Coastal Commission to approve his retarded McMansion bullshit on a protected Malibu ridge. Fuck that Irish cunt and fuck Irish people. We've had enough of you and hopefully Trump will send your mick asses back to that dumb island so you can shoot each other over some stupid bullshit again. The Troubles best day of my life. Irish """""people""""" truly are the niggers of Europe. I hope "The Edge" gets fucking shot in the street, put down like the mentally disabled dog he is. Fucking mick cunt.
>>
File: RoryGallagher.jpg (218KB, 565x800px) Image search: [Google]
RoryGallagher.jpg
218KB, 565x800px
>>71123020
Now now, anon. Not all Irish are bad.
>>
Boy
October
War
Under a Blood Red Sky
The Unforgettable Fire

all excellent albums

I can't listen to The Joshua Tree with an open mind because so many songs form it have been overplayed. Achtung Baby is very good, but it's the beginning of the slick arena rock sound that U2 would use for the rest of their careers.

I think All That You Can't Leave Behind has some nice pop melodies that give me a bit of a nostalgic feeling. For the most part, though, as far as I'm concerned, U2 begins with Boy and ends with the Unforgettable Fire.

--which is fine. Bands are good for like, five, six years, tops. The Stones were good from Aftermath to Goat's Head Soup. Black Sabbath was good from Black Sabbath to Sabbath Bloody Sabbath.

If bands stay together longer than five or six years, they stop being good. No one bases their opinion of the Rolling Stones on Bridges to Babylon. It's unfair to hate U2 for becoming what every long-running successful band eventually becomes.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.