[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that if you can listen to chance, dram or lil yachty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: rmtonoZ.jpg (238KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
rmtonoZ.jpg
238KB, 640x1136px
Reminder that if you can listen to chance, dram or lil yachty and not smile you are incredibly jaded and/or dead inside
>>
>mama still wash my clothes
>mama still wash my clothes
I can't help but laugh at how bad some of the lyrics are on Acid Rap.
>>
we should start a /fun/ general thread for fun music such as yachty and dram
>>
>>71116315
I know.
>>
I tried listening to acid rap but I really just don't like it that much, literally everyone likes it I just don't get it
>>
his features for kanye and exquire make me happy as shit

but he still never did acid a day in his life
>>
>>71116584
this is a good idea
>>
>>71116315
Yeah. Chance, or rap in general, is music that is fun to have on when I'm hanging out or at a party or something. But I mean I can't just sit down and listen to it or really compare it to other music that I actually like. Anyone else feel this
>>
>>71117419
just gotta find the right albums, m9
>>
mr muthafuckin exquire
khalil nova
noah23
blam lord
supa
>>
>>71116315
All 3 of those artists bring a smile to my face, but you don't have to listen to the most in-your-face "positive" artists like that in order to feel happy from music. In fact lots of people think Chance and DRAM are almost too positive, like they're faking it

There are small moments on more emotionally dynamic hip hop albums like Black on Both Sides and Moment of Truth that make me happier than entire Chance albums can because they feel human and bittersweet
>>
>>71117232
To me, the rap/sing style and melodies are super catchy and I love the instrumentation on it most. He has some cool features, his ad libs are funny, idk why I love it so much other than that. It's catchy and happy and doesn't feel like the formulaic hip hop.
>>
>>71116315
yachty is trash but I agree otherwise
>>
>>71117613
Though I don't feel Acid Rap is in the same ballpark as Coloring Book or Yachty or DRAM
>>
Didnt many people here listen to Chance when he came out years ago? Is everyone now just pissed because everyone "into" mainstream hip hop hopped on his bandwagon?
>>
File: 1465955056503.jpg (435KB, 1050x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1465955056503.jpg
435KB, 1050x1080px
ITT
>>
>>71117613
I think I just dislike his very happy persona because I don't feel like it's genuine, I couldn't finish a full Coloring Book listen through.
>>
>>71117659
There's a professor at my college who fits this to a tee including hyphenating his last name with his wife. I kinda feel bad for him, but he seems mainly happy so who am I to judge?
>>
>>71117750
there are professors at every college who fit that.

he's happy because he doesn't know his wife participated in gangbangs in college and is probably cucking him
>>
>>71117878
Leave your basement
>>
>>71117648
no because his recent stuff is ass and you know PPL CHANGE THEIR OPINIONS ON THINGS.

i used to spam acid rap when it came out but now i barely listen to it.
>>71116315
if i wanted to smile i'd listen to frank zappa
>>
>>71118086
Acid Rap isn't that much better than Coloring Book

Acid Rap has some really amateurish beats alongside really good beats, even though the bars are much better than Coloring Book. Also everyone knows Na Na and Smoke Again are trash filler

Coloring Book has polished and impressive production (besides the dumpster fire Kanye vocals of All We Got) but some overly repetitive "God is good" verses

I feel like they both have serious strengths and serious flaws
>>
>>71116332
>Ab-Soul's verse on Smoke Again
>>
>>71118199
did we listen to the same album
CB has horrible production. the mixing on that album is straight trash
>>
>>71118592
That song is so out of place and bad but it's also sort of endearing, it sounds like they're actually freestyling while stoned which is the whole idea of the song
>>
>>71118199
I feel like Chance relies too heavily on features in Coloring Book, not to mention how bad and/or useless many of the features ended up being. No one wanted Justin Bieber's breathy moaning or seven Kanyes grunting out a chorus
>>
File: Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg (30KB, 316x316px) Image search: [Google]
Beachboys_smile_cover.jpg
30KB, 316x316px
>>71116315
I listen to Dram, Chance, Yachty AND Smile

what does that make me
>>
Chance acts like he's woke, but his dad knew about Chicago PD's secret torture facility and did absolutely nothing to stop it.

He also would never got his foot in the door of the industry if his uncle wasn't Spike Lee. Chance is a fraud.
>>
File: IMG_4869.jpg (104KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4869.jpg
104KB, 600x600px
>>71119076
Didn't he have some Twitter beef with Spike Lee over Chiraq a while back? Must've been defending his dad, lmao

Pic related, it's Chance and Lee
>>
Chance is a complete utter fraud.
Coloring book is garbage
>>
Chance is the corniest shit of all time
>>
Chance, Childish Gambino, and J Cole are the triumvirate of corniness.
>>
>>71121307
Seems like they fit in the category of "I'm not like other girls, I listen to rap" rap alongside G-Eazy and Drake too.
>>
shit tier musician thread
shit tier musician thread
>>
>>71116315
I agree. Even Fantano agrees and he can be quite the miserable bastard.
>>
Never listened to him, but based on the Kit Kat commercials, he seems corny as fuck.
>>
File: 1487522559002.jpg (11KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487522559002.jpg
11KB, 320x240px
>>71116315
>Its shit, but it's light hearted and happy X)
Why not just listen to stuff that's light hearted and happy but also good?
>>
File: artwork_front_small.jpg (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
artwork_front_small.jpg
17KB, 300x300px
>>71122958
Happiness is a state free of good/bad. If something makes you happy, who cares if it's objectively shit?
>>
>>71117317
i feel like hes done acid
>>
>>71117659
f u c k y o u -all females
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.