[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is better than Pet Sounds. Prove me wrong :PROTIP You can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: HEYNOW.jpg (87KB, 564x567px)
HEYNOW.jpg
87KB, 564x567px
>>
>terrible drum machines
>No beautiful strings
>annoying melodies
>mike loves 'rapping' on Summer of love
>Mike Loves singing
>Mike Loves general existance.

Now give us one (1) reason you think it's better.
>>
File: formula.jpg (24KB, 257x282px)
formula.jpg
24KB, 257x282px
Pet Sounds is the most depressing shit brian ever made. Even the happy songs are sad HE SHOULD NEVER HAVE FUCKED WITH THE FORMULA
>>
its honestly not that bad
>>
File: tweet.png (161KB, 1038x585px) Image search: [Google]
tweet.png
161KB, 1038x585px
>>71105312
>>
HEY NOW
>>
WELL ITS A
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
The Beach Boys [Caribou, 1985]

Would you get excited if the Four Lads released a comeback album with Boy George and Stevie Wonder songs on it? Bet they still harmonize pretty good, too. C
>>
Ha ha, I guessed! Summer in Paradise is actually not bad. It has many ingredients of a catastrophe – and in terms of appreciation, that is what it certainly is. But this point of view can't see 1) a few really nice songs, 2) the relatively high quality of this album just because it is a Beach Boys album. Summer in Paradise is reminiscent of an imaginary whole album length version of Still Cruisin', and somehow of an updated version of 15 Big Ones too. But I like Big Ones, Still Cruisin' has its moments too, and so has Summer in Paradise as well. There is no need to deny that.
"Summer of Love" finds Mike Love rapping. Okay, it is quite ridiculous, and while the song has a certain charm, much of it is because it is funny (rather than just 'fun'). "Remember 'Walking in the Sand'" is evidently another loser, it is simply clumsy. Then there are new versions of "Surfin'" and "Forever", probably to express the loss of Dennis Wilson (dead) and Brian Wilson (gone solo). "Surfin'" is so much '80s/'90s AOR that you have to try hard to recognise the song. "Forever" is closer to the original, but that doesn't make it better because the fact that it is worse than the original is so evident.

But then there is "Island Fever." Yes, it is similar to "Kokomo", but who cares? I like it. The single "Hot Fun in the Summertime" is not bad either. "Slow Summer Dancin' (One Summer Night)" and especially "Lahaina Aloha" have a guaranteed high Beach Boys quality. The title track is similar to "Still Cruisin'", but worse; however, that still doesn't make it bad.

Summer in Paradise has sometimes been called a Mike Love solo album. That it is certainly not. Mike may be a dominant character and Brian is not around, but still the album features three original members of The Beach Boys (Mike, Carl Wilson and Alan Jardine), accompanied by yet another long time member (Bruce Johnston). If that is not enough, you have to claim the same about a million albums in the history of popular music.
>>
>>71107447
he isnt wrong
>>
>>71105459
kek
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.