[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album man. Off the top of my head i can think of 3 songs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: d0b8b518.jpg (80KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
d0b8b518.jpg
80KB, 500x500px
This album man.

Off the top of my head i can think of 3 songs on this album alone that all use the same chord progressions, just in a slightly different key. I want to be Cold, The Mansion, Map (except for that F#).

This entire album basically only consists of the basic chords C, G, F, Am, Em, and maybe a D and B here and there.

So how the fuck does it manage to be so compelling?
>>
>>71105179
Lyricism, themes, and it's atmosphere. Same reason why people overglorify Slint when it's not instrumentally compelling.
>>
>>71105226
Slint always sounded like a sterile hospital to me. Can't stand Spiderland tbqh
>>
the drums
>>
His new album is gonna be as good as this mark my words
>>
muh feels
>>
Yet none of those songs sound the same
You've made yourself believe in the meme that more complex/more original composition=better song
Same reason that Galaxie 500 is good even though every song of their's starts of G and has two chords
>>
>>71105263
Eh, both songs released from his upcoming album have been very underwhelming and sloppy. Not that The Glow pt.2 isn't sloppy in a charming way, but in Ravens he literally cuts off half a bar before he sings "Two ravens" and it sounds more like he wrote the words and THEN wrote the melodies, some of the line delivery is just so weird in how the sections are segregated.
>>
it's almost as if musical quality is a nebulous thing that has no direct correlation with technical complexity. who would of thought?
>>
>>71105609
Then why is Chopin the greatest composer of all time and classical music the best music?

Checkmate
>>
>>71105179
Sometimes there are really good personally intimate albums that manage to pick up a lot of momentum as they spread; the more they get talked about, the more people are more compelled to give it a second chance if they don't like it at first, and then when it clicks they sing praise with everyone else. The same thing happened to In the Aeroplane Over the Sea. If /mu/ hadn't memed the fuck out of it I probably wouldn't have listened again after I really didn't like it the first time. But I'm glad I did.

There are probably dozens if not hundreds of similar albums to ITAOTS and The Glow Pt 2 which have the potential to be just as compelling, but never got that kind of miracle exposure.
>>
Chords mean nothing, it's the instrumentation and timbre behind it that matters
>>
>>71105647
gtfo chopin cucks
>>
>>71105711
>>71105609
pleb op btfo

op i bet youre ironic in some sense in your musical ventures am i rite
>>
>>71105647
>Chopin
>technically complex
Lmfao best thing I've read all day
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.