[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw encoded a music sample in every quality preset in every

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

>tfw encoded a music sample in every quality preset in every codec available
>can only tell the lossy ones apart from flac but can't tell them from each other
>still no idea how to encode new library
Music for this feel? How should I encode it?
>>
>>71101737
>Music for this feel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

>How should I encode it?
mp3 v0
>>
What sounds the best and takes up the least space? (also which is the most libre)
>>
Use FLAC lv8 for archiving and future-proofing purposes, since that's the best way to make a perfect copy of a CD as long as you keep the .cue file.
If you have a computer that's always on, you can use something like Roon, Subsonic, or Plex to use it as a music server. If not, just transcode tunes you want on your portable device to either MP3 V0 (widely supported) or Opus (newer and less widely-supported but much more transparent compression than the now-ancient MP3) as needed.
>>
>>71102171
.ogg
>>
>>71101898
Oh of course Grimes is a first recommendation.
Because why the fuck not.
>>
>>71102262
There you go. What is your audio setup?
>>
>>71102262
Not true anymore. Check out comparisons between .ogg and Opus.
>>
could'ya post a sort of mini review for each codec? so that people who are also making this decision can have some sort of reference
>>
>>71102273
She's hated here but she's legit great.
>>
>>71102171
Literally any of them except for MP3 depending on the bitrate. It depends on how many albums you want to fit on a 16GB SD card.
>>
>>71102171
Don't listen to this clueless anon >>71102499 After a certain bitrate it doesn't matter the codec anyway, because the sound quality is transparent. Stick to mp3, it's the best known audio format and if you're using a great encoder like LAME you'll get great results. Forget about all those random codecs that no one will use in the future.
>>
>>71102690
At the bitrate where most modern codecs become transparent, MP3 still sounds like a tape deck through a tin can. Why waste an extra 100kbps when you don't need it? Which is why I say don't even consider MP3.
>>
>>71101898
>have to sit through that long-ass intro before the main song starts and close the frame immediately as it does
That's cheating.
>>
>>71103198
That long ass intro isn't part of the actual song. Just the video has it. And it's pretty nice if you ask me.

>close the frame immediately as it does
That's stupid
>>
>>71101737
>Music for this feel?
Ophibre – Drone Works For Differing Digital Audio Formats And Encoding Method
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.