[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dark/Suicidal rap on a come up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

File: hqdefault.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
What does /mu/ think about the dark, emo, cloud, metal-esque sub genre that has recently gotten popular in rap?
(Xxxtentacion, Pouya, Lil Peep, Ghostemane, Bones, $uicideBoy$, Dark Lovell, etc)

Is it garbage that needs to disappear or a sound that has a lot of charm/potential?

I personally like it, except for a few (that being Lil Peep and Ghostemane). It appeals to a wider audience outside of rap and it's undeniably a step up from mumble rap. These guys at least have some lyrical talent, despite it being emo and edgy at times.
>>
The novelty has worn off for me.
>>
only listened to some Pouya, wasn't impressed

might check some other stuff later
>>
>>71100991
I can see why. Some of the artist sound a lot like each other. Dark Lovell (granted, he's gotten better recently) sounds like Bones at times. Ghosteman sounds like the one guy from $uicideBoy$ a bit (don't know which one).

The only guys I listen to consistently in this genre are Pouya, X and Bones. $uicideBoy$ can be a little too edgy for me at times.

Anways, I think those 3 are the ones that do it the best so I mostly listen to them only.
>>
pouya is absolute garbage, same with lil peep.
>>
i think fat suburban nerds should stop calling anyone that doesn't sound like a whiney 'i ironically want to kill myself' pop punk lead a "mumble rapper"

it needs to disappear, it's fans need to disappear and you especially need to disappear
>>
this is somehow even cringier than sadmemerap
>>
in fact plenty of the so-called 'mumble rappers' make genuinely darker music than lil my rich daddy didn't buy me the car i wanted now i am $ad and want to die
>>
File: idontlikeshit.jpg (20KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
idontlikeshit.jpg
20KB, 319x319px
Weird how IDLSIDGO became more influential than TPAB.
>>
>>71101312
this cringeworthy sound has been festering long before that came out, you can thank eminems and blink 182 more for these cornballs than earl
>>
>>71100991
yea i feel the same, after listening to this type of stuff for 2 years, it was time to move on
>>
>>71101204
Mumble rappers = Lil Uzi, Famous Dex, Desiigner, Lil Yatchy, Young Thug, Lil Pump, etc

My favorite rappers = Chance the Rapper, KAAN, Joey Bada$$, Vince Staples, Kendrick Lamar, Earl Sweatshirt, Gambino, Rhymsayers, etc

Don't judge pre maturely. I listen to all kinds of rap. From new school to old school, from underground to mainstream, from hype to lyrical. I listen to rappers you've never heard about in your life. Get shitted on, kid.
>>
>>71101244
Never heard of sadmemerap. Witt Lowry? Lol....
>>
>>71101401
you listen to whatever your college rap club and rolling stone mag told you has 'bars, yo' get the fuck out of my face you clown
>>
>>71101401
wow cool
>>
>>71101465
All of those rappers I listed (excluding the mumble rappers of course) are lyrically and sonically amazing. College rap my ass.

I also listen to rappers that aren't even fucking verified on Twitter. Barely anyone knows them. Are you gonna keep talking shit or are you gonna list your go to rappers? You fucking dumbass pussy.
>>
X is good, Pouya is good, Peep is mostly shit but rarely good, I wanna like Ghostemane but can't, Bones is god, $B is edgy but can be good, and NL is just eh.
>>
>>71101502
I don't know why you're being sarcastic with me. I'm not the one who shitted on him because of an assumption that I only listened to dark, cloud rap. Oh wait, this is a samefag isn't it?
>>
>>71101401
The individuality you so desperately want to flaunt is nothing more than an industrial byproduct of a cynical marketing machine strip mining our celebrity obsessed culture. These days, even teenage rebellion is just a pre-packaged lesson in consumerism.

Listen, I know it’s your job to act like a shallow, self-absorbed little brat right now. Still, I’m not your mother. I don’t have to put up with your whining for one fucking second. If you want to be recognized as a person in this world, earn it.

Adulthood is right around the corner.

Figure it out, kid.
>>
>>71101312
Not even a lot of this production is based off of actual EMO music it's a weird niche.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEaaAPmLDUk
>>
>>71101576
>I also listen to rappers that aren't even fucking verified on Twitter. Barely anyone knows them. Are you gonna keep talking shit or are you gonna list your go to rappers? You fucking dumbass pussy.
this is bait, nobody can be this unintentionally cringy
>>
>>71101665
In other words, your taste in music is shit and you cope with it by shitting on other people and going on about a whole lot of nothing.

Alright then. Fuck off.
>>
>>71101729
I tried to bait him into actually suggesting his preferred artist but he never did. He's insecure about his taste his music. That's all there is to it.
>>
File: dildotrent .jpg (138KB, 366x555px) Image search: [Google]
dildotrent .jpg
138KB, 366x555px
>>71100577
>metal-esque
explain me IN DETAIL what's metal-esque about emo rap.
>>
>>71101401
This is bait right?
>>
>>71101874
The last part was. It's over, he's gone. You can stop replying now.
>>
>>71101792
Bones does screamo, X can pull off a believable rock voice (as shown in King and a lot of his songs). When I said metal-esque it was referring to those two. Not Lil Peep.
>>
File: nutt.jpg (334KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
nutt.jpg
334KB, 1024x768px
$B and Ghostemane are good, but fucking Bones and Rozz Dyliams make music in so many genres I have to put them little higher. (Bones as Surrenderdorothy, Rozz Dyliams' albums in general but I think that the most unique is Galeforce Beach.)
>>
>>71102040
You know that screamo is a punk subgenre and has nothing to do with metal, right?

And how is "a rock voice" (whatever the fuck that means) reminiscent of metal?
Unless the dude can pull off a convincing Lemmy Kilmister (who had more influence on metal than on rock) impersonation I don't see how that's possible.
>>
>>71101792
I'm not the guy you're arguing with but Lil Peep literally samples metal has people screaming one of his songs on his newest tape.

https://soundcloud.com/lil_peep/move-on-be-strong-prod-smokeasac-x-lil-peep-x-yung-cortex
>>
File: a0756609810_16.jpg (53KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
a0756609810_16.jpg
53KB, 700x700px
>>71100577
so if this genre takes off, will this album be considered an influential classic?
>>
>>71102103
ok that's something
>>
>>71102110
it won't because sc kids have no talent
>>
>>71102103
Never heard that. Cool.
>>
i think dark, internet influenced music is generally on the come up. people are generally ""leveling up"" and weirder stuff is catching on to more normal audiences.

i don't think the scene of rap is the most contemporary right now. i think the ""mumble rap"" scene is so notable because its almost the epitome of this post-modern meme loving world

eminem and tyler the creator have already done the shock value thing, but bc these rappers are internet based, they are much more relatable for younger audiences

personally i think rappers are kind of boring and producers on soundcloud are without a doubt making the big envelope-pushing moves... so much interesting shit going on rn. so many different scenes
>>
Where do i find more like these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O58GBQHqWVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gapVxTC39xU
>>
>>71102110
no because believe it or not gated community kids - sad, suicidal and dark rap existed decades ago
>>
>>71102210
well mumble rap generally has awful vocals and cringeworthy texts that awkwardly straddle the line between tough guy and complete pussy. The good parts of mumble rap generally come from the "production".

That being said I'd be interested in a more serious mumble rap project if it tried to go for a monastic atmosphere with abstract lyrics and didn't have a sad suburban fuccboi persona attached to it.
>>
>>71102277
yachty is a serious "mumble" rap project
>>
>>71102277
nah man. i'm more talking about the cultural relevence of Mumble Rap and what it represents.

like, the young popular rappers of our generation have crazy flamboyant personalities and are paradoxical and unpredictable. it shows where we are at culturally with social media. shows where our heads are at!

the irony and self awareness is astounding
>>
>>71102385
although you could apply what i am saying to the majority of the "Dark" rappers. i think lil peep is probably the best example,, his persona is oozing with 2000s nostalgia in the same way as Yung Lean and shit
>>
>>71102385
>shows where our heads are at!
up our asses?
that's nothing new
>>
>>71102385
It's especially a strike at black people. Trying to fag them up. Whites were already pussified the only way they could get to blacks would be to put out all of these sus rappers. Now young black dudes keep dying their hair and wearing colored skinny jeans and dancing like girls. It's a shame our society is going down the toilet each day.
>>
>>71102779
soon black twink bois will be roaming the streets, ready to give up their chocolate boipussy to any strong white male in exchange for emotional comfort and a quick listen to their mixtape.
>>
master of dark rap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnZwFWrzYpQ
>>
I remember when Pouya was a Mike Dece dickrider lol. Does he still ape his style?
>>
>all these people hating peep
lmao you guys just do whatever fantano says huh
>>
>>71102242

god i fucking hate new villains but that trip hop song is dope

i think its so weird how death and serenity came out on 10 code like in 2011 and that type of dark rap wasn't even big how it is now. wish they kept the same line up
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.