[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth it to even try get into The Beatles? I'm listening

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: photo.jpg (48KB, 1067x1066px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
48KB, 1067x1066px
Is it worth it to even try get into The Beatles? I'm listening to Abbey Road currently and sure it's good but it's doing nothing. Am I doing something wrong? Should I just go on to listen to artists I actually enjoy instead of trying to find out what my Kardashian loving cousins and Dave Grohl rate so highly about them? They sound like pretty shitty people. Except for Ringo.
>>
The Beatles music is most impactful if you were raised on it. It gives you an opportunity to already love the music and develop a more nuanced appreciation later in life.
>>
>>71093602
gr8 b8 m8 I r8 a solid 8
>>
I found it helpful to first listen to lots of artists who were heavily influenced by the Beatles. They were so ubiquitous that it's sometimes hard to pick out the elements that make them great, the things in their songs that make you say "that's the Beatles". Try some Badfinger, Big Star, ELO, XTC, even Elliott Smith.
>>
Abbey Road a shit.

Revolver and Rubber Soul you nigger.

A Hard Days Night is also very good and you should watch the movie Help!.
>>
Each of their later albums sound really different from one another so try listening to Sgt. Pepper or White Album before quitting
>>
>>71093888
>Each of their later albums sound really different
I just realized that they were one of the few bands to do this without appearing gimmicky.
>>
>>71093945
Yeah. To me, that's why they were one of the greatests. Everything they did sounded flawless, and transitioning sounds worked to their advantage.
>>
Abbey Road has some great songs but I would start with Revolver, MMT or White Album because those are the catchiest/most creative. Of course all their albums are fucking genius and catchy and creative but for first time listen I would go with that. Also their singles. Help, I'm My Life, Rain, Hey Jude, Let it Be, Something.
>>
>>71094334
*in my life
>>
>>71093602
You're doing nothing wrong.

I'd go back to Rubber Soul and work your way back up. Have no expectations, listen to no opinions. Let their progression find you something to like, and if you can't, it isn't your fault.
>>
THE FACT
>>
>>71093710
>someone calls the beatles shit
>it must be bait
I hate this board.
>>
it took me like 6-7 years from the first time I listened through a Beatles album (Rubber Soul) until I finally really appreciated and fell in love with them, and now they are one of my favorite bands

one of the most important steps for me was developing a broader appreciation of popular music in general, rather than just looking for middlebrow "art" qualities like those found in /mu/core and scarufficore
>>
>>71094984
The Beatles probably had the most infectious sound a human could decipher at the time. The kings of melodys and genuine experimentation. They are what all these "art" musicians want to be. Something different that sounds good.

Now they aren't my favorite band, but you have to admit they made objectively good music.

The talent (voices, sheet music, and life dedication) combined with an amazing producer, and the flow of cash from a new industry made them a classic.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.