[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UK Underground Music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: cool guy.jpg (29KB, 510x317px) Image search: [Google]
cool guy.jpg
29KB, 510x317px
Why is the UK underground music scene so shit today? I honestly spent hours looking for some good English indie bands and can't find shit.
Can you help me out here, /mu/?
>>
>>71093586
Almost all music scenes are shit now because of the fragmentation caused by the internet. Also indie is shit
>>
>>71093814
I think he meant "indie" as in independent not as in Arcade Fire and that shit
>>
UK is goat for underground electronic
there lies ur problem cunt, lookin for the wrong stuff imo
>>
>>71093847
Ah, that's fine then
>>
I could do but I'm just not there unfortunately
>>
There is nowhere for bands to practice and perform.

Pretty much all of the rehearsal spaces have closed, and there is barely anywhere for small bands to play.

Not only that, no one plays instruments anymore. The poor working class listen to hip-hop/rap and maybe 1 band like Arctic Monkeys.
The middle classes listen to hip-hop/rap and a few bands thrown in.

You have no idea how difficult it is to find fuckers who play instruments but don't want to be the next "ed sheeran" or other such bollocks. There is literally no one.
>>
>>71093814
This too.
>>
>>71094217
that's pretty fucking sad
>>
>>71093586
Things have been declining ever since they got rid of the dole. People don't really think about that, but every wave of British pop music was made possible by musicians being on welfare when they started out, from the Beatles onward.
>>
Indie rock iscdead in underground scenes everywhere. That shit is for well-off 30 year olds and trust fund kids now. Punk and it's offshoots are taking off again.

UK has always kinda been a wasteland for DIY rock music
>>
wow this thread is depressing
>>
>>71094369
They didn't get rid of the dole. I'm on the dole right now. They just made it fucking difficult.

But yeah, many bands were on the dole when starting out.

The problem is: >>71094217 and >>71093814
>>
>>71094714
Britain will forever hate its own culture because of the Tories...
>>
>>71094521
>uk: inventers of punk and post-punk
>you: always been a wasteland
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.