[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Nobody is talking about the literal AOTY This is literally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

>Nobody is talking about the literal AOTY

This is literally Mark's Holy Mountain
>>
boring
>>
>>71091042
I loooove it
>>
>>71091042
It's shit
>>
How is it so different from the previous album for example?
>>
i hope i'm as cool at 50 as Mark is.
>>
Literally FUCK DRUMPF the album

Awful SJW pandering
>>
Me
We

...damn>>71092752
>>
>>71092752
sux2bu
>>
File: impossible nothing.jpg (551KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
impossible nothing.jpg
551KB, 1200x1200px
>>71091042

>AOTY

you mean this?
>>
>>71092797
After one listen, the only songs I reeally love are Window Sash Weights and I love Portugal. It could grow tho
>>
File: 25464622763057.jpg (79KB, 655x638px) Image search: [Google]
25464622763057.jpg
79KB, 655x638px
Old man Facebook rants set to music

Pic related
>>
>>71092797
Kek keep dreaming, Lexemenomicon is the most unlistenable release of the entire decade.
>>
>>71092942

you can't be serious

it's a plunderphonics album

how is that "unlistenable"?
>>
>>71092797
yeah he meant that
>>
>>71092797

THIS
>>
>>71092853
oops didn't mean to reply to
>>71092797
>>
>>71091042
UT is probably one of my 10 favorite albums of all time, but this album was hard for me. I need to listen again
>>
File: 1485543877392.png (176KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1485543877392.png
176KB, 500x509px
>>71092857
why would there be an app for putting your phone away and why would it be called "RESPECT"

this is making me insurmountably angry
>>
>>71091042
This album is pretty interesting. Mark's almost perfected the revivalism of musical storytelling on this. The problem is the musical ambition is a little lacking here. He basically creates a riff he rides through a song until he hits a transition into another topic and uses a different riff ad nosium and then transitions back. There's pretty much no diversity to this formula so really the draw are the stories and thoughts of Mark. And he is pretty engaging but the problem is the topics at hand are either repeated too often (how many times is he going to turn on CNN and see someone dying like geez we get it already) or not as cohesive as the rest of the themes on the album (no one gives a shit that you saw the Bradley vs Pacquiao fight). Overall, it's a 7/10 not as cohesive as Benji or as musically interesting but the level of engagement and detail he puts in these songs is really something.
Best song is Bergen to Trondheim.
People who shit on the album for being political and leftist because they can't fathom artists having different political views than them are morons.
>>
>>71092752
>implying Trump is even a decent president
>implying you shouldn't let trans people be trans people
Quit it with the republican memes, you know that shit doesn't make any sense.
>>71093780
I agree with most of what you mentioned. I think Bergen to Trondheim is great too, along with I Love Portugal, God Bless Ohio, and Chili Lemon Peanuts and a couple of others. I haven't listened to the album more than twice but only because it's so damn long. I might have to listen to it one CD at a time.

My biggest problem with the album didn't lie in its repetitiveness, I happen to like repetition in music a lot. The biggest irk for me was the amount of spoken word parts. There were too many on the album for my taste and they were all too long. It worked on Universal Themes the one or two times Mark did it, but on Common As Light it just felt like too much.
>>
>>71091042
The Sun Kil Moon project peaked at Universal Themes.
>>
lexeMEMEcon more like! heh heh heh (but seriously this shit doesnt warrant a four hour long album jesus christ i could listen to maybe two hours of this)
>>
>>71095763
this is true but at least its still interesting.
cant see him topping it tho
>>
>>71095763
The Sun Kil Moon project peaked with Ghosts of the Great Highway but that doesn't mean the rest isn't good
>>
>>71096058
:/
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.