[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Band shirts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

File: hipster in swans shirt.jpg (34KB, 329x450px) Image search: [Google]
hipster in swans shirt.jpg
34KB, 329x450px
Profound social statement or a sign of insecurity?
>>
>>71089955
I like supporting artists that have cool merch. Snagged pic related to help give some money to the No Response Festival in Cincinnati (and personally really dig hair police)
>>
>shirts
>profound
in what universe
>>
>>71090085
where should one start in terms of getting into hair police?
>>
Band tees have a heavy stigma at this point, it says more about need of self expression than anything else, and that is very unfashionable unless you are actively aware that this stigma affecting you. All fashion comes from insecurity and the need for a purpose/identity.
>>
>>71090165
By buying a t-shirt
>>
you people create problems that dont even exist
>>
>>71090170
Except in metal, where it seems to be semi-obligatory to own at least one band shirt, and no one bats an eye, no matter the band.
>>
>>71090178
How can they not exist if we create them?
>>
>>71090170
Gee, guess the Car Seat Headrest t wasn't such a great idea after all =w=
>>
I wear a decent number of band shirts - but the shirt actually has to look good for me to wear it. Like 99% of metal shirts people walk around in look like absolute garbage.
>>
>>71090228
99% of metal shirts are just an album cover badly cropped
>>
Whenever I wear band t-shirts it's because I really like the band.
Never because I'm trying to make a statement nor am I insecure.
Stupid question. Some people think way too damn much.
>>
>>71090182
i don't own any metal merch
t. huge metalfag
>>
>>71090388
>Never because I'm trying to make a statement
You really think so, huh? Everything you do is a message; a statement. Even when that statement is something as bland as "look at the band I like".

I can hear you loud and clear "but I'm doing this for me!" Funny how people will hurry to that argument. Same with girls and makeup. You're not doing it for you. You can't even fucking see your shirt most of the time unless you're actively looking down at it. You wear it to broadcast a message, whether you care to realise such a simple fact or not.
>>
I wear a De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas t-shirt around town and I don't even like black metal, I mostly listen to J-pop and jazz.
>>
>>71090446
you're what is commonly known as a poseur
>>
>>71090409
>huge metalfag
>doesnt own a metal shirt

no you arent you hipster douchebag
>>
>>71090485
t. nu-male
>>
>>71090430
I'm broadcasting the fact that I like this band because I like doing it, I do it for me. What's so hard to understand anon? Not everyone is as insecure as you.
>>
>>71090532
Nice deflecting, but you're still not doing it "for you". I'm glad you admitted to the first bit, though. It takes one hell of a thickie to deny such an obvious fact.
>>
>>71090555
You really enlightened me anon, I finally understand that everything I do is for other people. Every single action I undertake changes me as a person and eventually this gets broadcast to others through my actions.
>>
>>71090592
Funny, you say that like it's not true
>>
>>71090618
Sure it might be, but it's the type of overthinking that ruined me in the past. I prefer just doing things for me without being a cynical retard about it.
>>
>>71090625
>ruined me in the past
If thinking ruins you then I suppose you should get some more band ts.
>being a cynical retard
If you can't live with truths without becoming a cynical retard then you'll be any other kind of retard even with pretty and comfy lies all around you.

Get some more ts; do it for you.
>>
>>71089955
Or maybe just a shirt of something you like. How much of an autist do you have to be to make such a post?
>>
>>71090680
Thinking in this way will ruin any human in due time, but I won't try to convince you of that.

Thank you, will do.
>>
>>71090706
>thinking ruins humans!!!!!!!
ok dude
>>
>>71089955
Neither you fucking dope. I would say they're more of a conversation starter than anything else
>>
>>71090680
Holy fucking shit
>this level of autism
Not the dude you're arguing with, but get off his dick cunt, you sound like one of those insecure faggots that worries more about what other people do than how shit of a person you are
>>
>>71090743
sure thing my dude
>>
If you worry about what you wear you're a fucking autist.

Its 2017 you can wear whatever the fuck you want now
>>
>>71089955
>I like this band I think I'll wear it
>WOW YOU ARE SO INSECURE
Profound social statement or projecting?
>>
>>71090794
The question is WHY do you wear it?
>>
>>71090794
More like
>If you worry about what other people wear you're a fucking autist.
>>
>>71090832
Pretty sure autists don't care about other people's clothes. You're thinking of homosexuals. Different diseases.
>>
>>71089955
that swans shirt is cool as fuck that guy is just a fag with a shit outfit
>>
>>71090192
music plays
>>
>>71089955
>"Hey I like this band I wanna wear a shirt that advertises them!"
>Insecure
Are you literally retarded
>>
>>71090388
Dude you didn't have to slap those tendies out of your mom's gand like that either.
>>
>>71090843
Autists on /mu/ do

>That girl is wearing a Joy Division t-shirt, I bet she only knows "Love Will Tear Us Apart" , what a fucking posseur.
>>
The best way is wearing t-shirt without the band's logo or name but something referencing them.
>>
File: at first i was bats.jpg (43KB, 636x1236px) Image search: [Google]
at first i was bats.jpg
43KB, 636x1236px
>find a sweet band shirt
>it's Gildan/Fruit of the Loom
>>
Undercover is the only reasonable source of band-related clothing
>>
File: LOL.jpg (7KB, 145x146px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
7KB, 145x146px
>>71089955
>Profound social statement
>>
>>71089955
Sign of insecurity. It's just trying to virtue signal how cool you are without ever needing to do anything.
>>
>>71089955

some band shirts have a cool design.
that's it.
>>
>>71090177
>>71090165
This.don't even listen to them after that,won't need to. You noise now boy
>>
>>71090430
kek
Yes I wear my anal cunt shirt because it makes a statement NO NIGGA IT'S FUCKING ANAL CUNT
Fucking tard
>>
File: see.jpg (388KB, 1000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
see.jpg
388KB, 1000x1333px
>>
File: 1486093488730.jpg (68KB, 644x485px) Image search: [Google]
1486093488730.jpg
68KB, 644x485px
>>71096057
>>71096333
Not this one
>>
I have 10 or so band shirts that I wear regularly, all of which are Grateful Dead or related to them.
I have a few other shirts, but those are worn during parties for my girlfriend and I that have a theme like 80s or 70s, such as Pink Floyd, Talking Heads, Eagles, and shit.
>>
>>71096333

really gets the ol noggin joggin
>>
> profound social statement

top kek. not everything has to be meaningful. wearing a band t-shirt isn't always screaming for attention either.

if a band i really like has a cool one, sure i'll buy it to support them. it's just a nice shirt, and if it's a tasteful design people will just think it's another shirt.

but for example, i love metal, yet i'd never wear a shirt because of the designs. i'd still buy them and wear them at the concert or something but it's pretty autistic to wear them casually.
>>
>>71096333
o fuck banky
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.