[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As the only genre that doesn't follow any specific aestehtics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Keith Rowe.jpg (105KB, 620x412px)
Keith Rowe.jpg
105KB, 620x412px
As the only genre that doesn't follow any specific aestehtics or sound, free improvisation is the superior genre, allowing the artists to find true inovation and be themselves.

Improvisation is present in all kinds of music, because for the composer the artist is accustomed to improvisate to find melodies and rythms.

What are your favorite albums?
>>
>>71089839
Free improv can't be a genre on its own as it could be used in any style of music. It's more of a descriptor than a genre

Daily dance - Doug Snyder and bob Thompson (again I am the only guy who posts this album and I will continue to post it until someone gives me their opinion on it. I love it so much)
>>
>>71089887
Entry level free improvisation, noisy improvisations with too little for appreciate.

Can be a genre since other kinds of music are contaminated with specific aesthetics and influences that the artist is forced to follow to be successful, removing originality from his work.
>>
>>71089947
Thanks for your honest opinion. Do you have anything in a similar vein but better? I know supersilent for heavily drum orientated improv but that's it. I'm very new to improv
>>
>>71089987
if you want more entry level free improv listen to man or monkey, as i tell you it's not good, it's contaminated with other styles, but if you don't really care about quaility you might find it enjoyable.
>>
>>71090399
Wow, I actually thought you might like to turn other people onto a genre you like enough to set up a thread about it. After waiting for you to reply it turns out your an obnoxious dick hellbent on turning people away from it.
What the fuck is wrong with you? Why do you feel the need to pretend you're better than everybody and try to insult people at every turn? Your insecurities are your own, don't take it out on random people
>>
File: 1485574171631.jpg (157KB, 1258x1353px) Image search: [Google]
1485574171631.jpg
157KB, 1258x1353px
>this thread
>>
>>71090518
Why do you want to turn the discussion to me? I'm being as torable as i can.
>>
>>71090630
>as tolerable as I can
>but if you don't really care about quaility you might find it enjoyable
How about you stop being a pretentious cunt?
>>
>>71090666
my statement about free improvisation music is clear and rightful, if you have any way to refute it i will allow a contribution, until that, you can't discuss to me.
>>
>>71090749
I'm not refuting your statement. I don't know enough about free improv to even debate on the subject, hence why I asked you for any recommendations. You replied by implying I cannot possibly enjoy free improv seen as I enjoy daily dance and acted as if you are the god and gatekeeper to free improv. As if you are above recommending any music you see as good to somebody as shit as me purely on the fact that I posted daily dance. Get over yourself
>>
>>71090749
lol kys actual aspie cunt
>>
>>71090808
You don't need to know eough in the genre, the affirmation is obvious and can be understoond by anyone, if you don't accept that the music you like is influenced by others and (if is not free) is made mostly with the objective of sell or impress people, you don't need restrictions as tempo, chrous, catchy or complex riffs for made them, stop being false.
>>71090828
plebs gonna pleb.
>>
>>71091005
Of course music is made to impress people. As an art form it requires an audience. So does free improv.
I've never been against the points you are making. I'm just against the way you see yourself according others. You treat others like shit and see yourself as better than everybody. I never debated what you were saying and you just ignore how fucking terrible you were acting
>>
>>71091057
>So does free improv.
Wrong. free improvisation is the search for new sounds, soudns that nobody have heard before, free improvisation deletes the emotion-focused defect that most music has, why defect? because emotion-focused music tends to repeat itself, to be unoriginal, satisfased of represen a feeling (or a tendency or fashion, remark this part), a tendency that has been representated thousands of times before, this is one of the most severe and accertated ways to judge this art, if my way of being bothers you i'm sorry, but that doesn't make me to be wrong, or you to be right.
>>
>>71090536
this post is irrelevant, delete it please.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.