[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rap to relieve my need for human conversation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Eminem-014.jpg (405KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
Eminem-014.jpg
405KB, 2560x1536px
Basically I'm looking for intelligent hip hop that feels like some funny friend full of ideas, or even like a catchy podcast.

I'll give you some example themes from the only rapper I know like this (who unfortunately doesn't rap in English):

- four 30yo nerds who only every skated in videogames, just to "make something happen", build experimental skateboards and go try them on the ramp, badly hurting themselves under the puzzled, incredulous eyes of the real skaters

- he goes for a day by imagining that all the people he meets are spirit guides; or he thinks he can read into people mind using a magic technique, but his interlocutors are just confused and have the feeling he is imagining a dialogue that never took place

- he arguments with a friend on what the real meaning of fight club is

- since he didn't discover drums as a kid he had to channel his love for rhythm in dancing lessons, and he recounts the experiences were the female college psychology students try to prove that he is gay etc.

- how he started listening to rap just because he needed to relieve his need for human conversation

I've already explored a lot of rap to find something similar, but when someone suggests me a "smart" or a "creative" or a "funny" rapper it's always someone who makes cheap wordplay or goes on and on and on about how difficult it is to grow up in the ghetto. Or sometimes it is just non-sense garbled for the heck of it, that you can't understand until you look every sentence up on rapgenius (like Death Grips).

The things I've found that at least remotely comes near what I'm looking for are early Eminem and A Tribe Called Quest.

Please help me, hip hop connoisseurs.
>>
For some reason this makes me sad. I love you OP. If you want an interesting conversation, talk to your friends; the ocean, the sky, the sun, the animals, your heart and your soul.
>>
>>71089209
Let me know if you like any of these and I'll try to think of more. Also who's the rapper you're referring to?

https://.youtube.com/watch?v=DhG8Yy014FM
https://.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCpxOLIzZ8
https://youtube.com/watch?v=GxJzj65cOHE
https://.youtube.com/watch?v=qP7StTfEDqw
>>
>>71089358
This was meant for OP
>>
>>71089209
>If you want an interesting conversation, talk to your friends; the ocean, the sky, the sun, the animals, your heart and your soul.

Oh wow very helpful I'll just talk to the sun
>>
>>71089099
I only read the first line and I know some artists like that but they are all German.
Do you speak German?
>>
sounds like you need to stop being a dweeb and get a friend, then leave hip hop alone forever and stick to poetry slams or something
>>
>>71089358
forgot to remove the dots before youtube.com
>>
>>71089209
Thanks for the kind words. I will try talking to animals and to my soul, they seem the easiest. My friends have all ended up either married (and thus without much time, and with a whole set of new problems and interests that I don't get) or completely alienated from society.

>>71089358
Thanks for the suggestions. "Birth of a fish" was the only track I already knew, and I would have added to the short list of things I've liked, if only I had remembered the name. The artists I was referring to are "Uochi Toki", but they only rap in italian.

>>71089436
Oh yes please! I'm listening to German rap on online radios and I find it very interesting indeed. A few songs I liked that come to mind now: JAW - Ausreden, Prinzip PI - 16bit vs PS3, Amewu - Schnittmenge. The only problem I have is that germans don't seem to like torrenting very much, so I'm limited to rip single songs from youtube.

>>71089461
It's not easy to get new friends at my age (>30) and when I do they are usually people with a family who don't really enjoy talking about less practical things. Lol about poetry slams.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.