[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interesting jazz

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: R-2271038-1374750704-2860.jpeg.jpg (108KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
R-2271038-1374750704-2860.jpeg.jpg
108KB, 600x596px
I'm really new to jazz music but i would like to get more into it. I have listen Herbie Hancock-Head hunters which was actually really good and I have tried to listen Miles Davis - Bitches Brew but i think its too boring. Please recommend me something interesting jazz or jazz type of music.
>>
>bitches brew
>boring
>:(

Try listening to Moanin' by art blakey, time out by dave brubeck and out to lunch by eric dolphy
>>
>>71088963
Jazz is music for musicians. It's hard/impossible to understand the significance of 'Kind of Blue' by Miles Davis if you have zero understanding of music theory. So, I would recommend learning an instrument. It takes a lot work but it will transform your entire perspective on life and art
>>
File: sextant front 35.jpg (57KB, 497x484px) Image search: [Google]
sextant front 35.jpg
57KB, 497x484px
>>71088963
try hancock - sextant, it's really eclectic and electronic.
>>71089051
fuck off u trump whore
>>
>>71089074
k. enjoy "listening" to your jazz music. You're so smart and sophisticated for listening to such challenging music. Guarantee Herbie Hancock didn't create his music for dumbfucks like you
>>
>>71089149
>implying he created it for trump voters and neo fascists like you
>>
>>71088989
I'm going to check them out.
>>71089051
>So, I would recommend learning an instrument. It takes a lot work but it will transform your entire perspective on life and art.
Thanks for advice, i might do that in the future but at the moment maybe i don't get the whole experience but i really enjoy how some of the jazz sounds.
>>71089074
Listened the first song of the album and it sound good.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr0XWmEbiMQ&t=247s
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsgj0rFUOC4&t=20s
And if there s something similar please recommend.
>>
File: cover_543216242016_r.jpg (164KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
cover_543216242016_r.jpg
164KB, 1000x1000px
>>71089432
>>
File: brownStudy.jpg (117KB, 450x455px) Image search: [Google]
brownStudy.jpg
117KB, 450x455px
>>
https://youtu.be/bJX-yRFWmSI
>>
>>71089051
this is the kind of elitism that makes jazz a joke to people
>>
Check out some shit put out on ECM in the 70s-80s, too, like Ebehard Weber- Later That Evening or Keith Jarrett- Belonging. It all has a really distinctive sound and people seem to either hate it or love it but boy do I love it.

does anyone here have that chart image that's floating around that breaks down a few contemporary jazz labels (maybe it was labels putting stuff out after 2000 or so?) and their essential releases?
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XvjqXuGH3Y
Something similar pls
>>
File: 817HMuWUlML._SX355_.jpg (43KB, 355x350px) Image search: [Google]
817HMuWUlML._SX355_.jpg
43KB, 355x350px
Also suggest checking out chic corea trio. Also, you doing need to know music theory to enjoy music, and whoever thinks that is a fuck. No matter how much theory you know, it won't matter if you can't understand how to play with others and create an organic sound. Interesting is very subjective and it'll take time for you to develop your taste, if fusion isn't for you then just keep digging, man. This album is very Latin influenced but includes elements of modern jazz and just really works. I get lost in the solos and the percussion is just out of this world. Just keep listening and you'll find the right music :)
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.