[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the first track so bad to listen to, while the second

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: faust-faust.jpg (18KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
faust-faust.jpg
18KB, 400x400px
Why is the first track so bad to listen to, while the second track is a masterpiece?
It's my first time listening to this and I'm currently at the end of the first side of the LP
>>
File: cover.jpg (195KB, 1080x1055px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
195KB, 1080x1055px
>>71087609
You know it's even more mind blowing when you realize Faust IV is their true masterpiece.
>>
>>71087609
The Faust Tapes is their best album
>>
Alright, I finished it and now I get the hype, this was really colourful and surreal.
I still hate the first track.
>>
If you're not used to music being very "in your face" whether it's from experimental music or something visceral like punk/metal, yeah that first track might catch you off guard. I honestly loved how twisted it sounded, was kind of disappointed with the extended generic bluesy jams on the second and third track.
>>
>>71087609
>>71087756
The first time I listened to the album, I was definitely confused by the first track and stopped listening by the end of it. But after so many listens, it's become the second best track (behind the third, ahead of the second) on the album for me.
While Miss Fortune is definitely the best track, Why Don't You Eat Carrots is probably the most challenging one for it's jagged tonality and odd structure, but it might warm up to you like it did for me.
>>
>>71087609
This is probably the closest that rock music has got to having the respectability of classical music. It is also the greatest pleb filter in rock music, whereas >>71087718 is just an easy escape.
>>
>>71087756
I like the first track because it's so strange: when have you ever heard a track like that?
The music that keeps coming in and out of the static is pretty goofy and is what put me off finishing the album for a couple of years though. I can get why you'd hate it
>>
File: 1400430633990.png (1011KB, 1044x1044px) Image search: [Google]
1400430633990.png
1011KB, 1044x1044px
Don't worry OP, this album is a growner. Opening track is my favorite thing from Faust

>>71087718
Faust for babies
>>
>>71087609
>>71087718
>>71087726
Why don't you eat carrots?

>>71087940
>This is probably the closest that rock music has got to having the respectability of classical music

What is Spiderland?
>>
>>71088828
Sorry but no.
>>
>>71088828
A mediocre rock album.
>>
>>71089118
>>71089148
Why don't you go to a carnival and get your fortune told?
>>
>>71089148
>>71089118
not that anon
but people that think spiderland is a normal rock album have no understanding of why spiderland is considered good
if you understand it and still hate it, then okay
>>
>>71087940
I wouldn't say it's an easy escape. An easier starting point maybe but it's still a better album.
>>
>>71090731
It's not a better album.
>>
>>71090903
Oh ok then I suppose it isn't.
>>
>>71089268
>>71089118 here. I don't think Spiderland is nowhere near being as respectable as classical music.
Very original for its time but it don't go as far as TMR and Faust s/t.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.