[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

shit tier or god tier?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0451.jpg (43KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0451.jpg
43KB, 300x300px
shit tier or god tier?
>>
SHIT
>>
gb2 /bleep/
>>
>>71086897
justify this
>>
it's pretty obnoxious
>>
He was the most important musician for 2 years.
>>
why does it have to be one of those?

it certainly was something new at the time, and plain weird for something that got so popular. idea channel was right about that, it's more accurate to describe this as "the weird frontier between pop and avant-garde" than Dean Blunt
the bass drops manage to be discordant but still catchy as hell, that's no small feat. kinda like the Deathspell Omega of bleep

the feature tracks sucked but the remixes were cool
>>
idk, whatever is worse than shit
>>
>>71087096
>>71086897
>>71086933
why you say that
>>
>>71087069
>why either shit tier or god tier?
It was pretty polarising. There used to be a lot of hate against this guy for irrational reasons and I feel like that has lasted. Others will recognise its good qualities, however - they're mostly long-time listeners, many of whom believe it to be a fantastic EP
>>
>>71087069
>>71087069
Hate skrillex, but I agree with you. Shit was innovative at the time. I used to listen to Dubstep circa 2007, Burial era. Dubstep then, was basically what Future Garage is these days. Skrillex definitely changed the game.
>>
If brostep had its own genre name from the beginning then he would have been heralded as a genius all along.
>>
Tacky
>>
>>71086891
It was very innovative at the time and got my attention to be very honest.
But the copycats and fans annoyed me and pretty much everybody else .
>>
>>71086891
nu male music
>>
>>71086898
idiot
>>
>>71087961
good job making your meme lose its meaning more and more by the day
>>
>>71086898
I couldn't think of an artist who less /bleep/
>>
okay album, but nothing really escalated other than a few hit singles for me
>>
Maybe it's melancholy but i'll say god tier of the shit tier
>>
god tier, he will never ever make anything as good as this, his recent shit is total abomination
>>
>>71086891
Skrillex is absolutely amazing at sound design. You listen to a dubstep song from various artists and you can all ways pick out the skrillex song because of how every little thing he adds makes the song so much more full. There is no greater in the EDM scene then skrillex. He murders everything he tries. His success shows it. Personally stopped listening to most of his stuff in 2014.
>>
Everytime Skrillex is brought up here, it's always Scary Monsters, what about My Name is Skrillex EP? Anybody like that?
>>
>>71090235
>murders everything he tries
>stopped listening to most of his stuff in 2014
Well have I got news for you
>>
>>71090245
god tier as well but not as good as SMNS imo
>>
File: Hmm.jpg (104KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Hmm.jpg
104KB, 1024x1024px
>>71090268
News?... Tell me, anon.
>>
>>71090245
Really enjoyed 'leaving' Scary Bolly Dub is in my top 5 for sure. Heard it back in 2012 so when i heard it on the EP it blew my mind.
>>
>>71086891
More Scary Monsters And nice Sprites was a great extension those two together make it god tier
>>
File: Existence-EP-cover.jpg (85KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Existence-EP-cover.jpg
85KB, 800x800px
incredibly good and forward thinking album. Skrillex is an amazing producer and this proves he is very creative. However, this EP on the other side is the real deal
>>
>>71090245
his best is definitely Bangarang, and Recess has a big bunch of good bangers desu. Purple Lamborghini is a banger and so is Red Lips and Bad Man
>>
>>71090611
Kill youself you brostep loving retrard
>>
>>71090245
because no other release of his has a comparably full sound and it's likely because he got himself ghost producers, feed me and noisia from what i heard
now that he's under diplo instead of mau5trap where those released on his shit sounds completely different
>>
>>71087861
trends are completely random, so that's a lame excuse not to like something
>>71090686
kill yourself you salty purist
>>
>>71090627
Bangarang is shit, only good thing on recess was all is fair and love in brostep that was just the release version of the 2013 untitled dj tool. His unreleased shit is far better then the songs you have mentioned
>>
>>71090712
He fell out with diplo. Ever since he sarted jack u diplo fucking ruined skrillex's style
>>
>>71086891
Jp?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.