[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened, /mu/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: images (3).jpg (10KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
10KB, 305x165px
What happened to country music, /mu/? I know it's genre people love to hate, but there used to actually be some good shit floating around. Now it's all hip hop infused, pop infested, repetitious garbage with no meaningful lyrics whatsoever. I know there were always silly/stupid songs, but it seems like the genre as a whole was way better back in the day. Eg. Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Merle Haggard, Hank Williams Sr, etc.
>>
>>71082971
Because everyone started to like everything else except country
>>
Music is about melody not lyrics dumb fuck
>>
>>71082971
>>71076702
>>
>>71082971
it became too commercial
>>
Johnny Cash is commercial pop. I don't see how you can't see that. It's not bad, it just fits in to the easily digestible category.

Ever listened to Bill Callahan? Sounds like he is right up your alley. Download dream river and prepare to rewrite the country history books.
>>
>>71083126
Yea i know he was a huge mainstream artist, but i would still classify him as a country/western artist, and his stuff was really good, i think. And yea, I'll give Callahan a listen
>>
>>71082971
You also missed town van Zandt.

Try Andrew Bird hands of glory. Some covers, but still better than any of the artists you mentioned above.
>>
>>71083185
I missed a lot of people, I was just trying to lay down a framework of the typed of artists i was talking about
>>
>>71082971

There is some great country out there but you have to hunt for it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDzhEcfRORk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SbNA8YfR7o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBwibhtjYYU
>>
File: 1452475266459.png (36KB, 387x237px) Image search: [Google]
1452475266459.png
36KB, 387x237px
>>71082971
>Hank Williams Sr
Hank Williams noob here. Looks like his discography is almost entirely singles. Which compilation album should I get?
>>
>>71083491
The Complete Hank Williams. It's on rutracker.
>>
File: MI0001690308.jpg (76KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
MI0001690308.jpg
76KB, 500x419px
>>71083491
Most of the Hank Williams Sr. songs i have on my playlist come from this particular compilation album.
>>
>>71083513
Okay that's what I was leaning towards.

>>71083583
Does this have any songs that aren't on "The Complete?"
>>
>>71083654
No idea, desu it may, it may not. I was just saying that most of what ive got came from this one. Both are worth checking out, just to be sure.
>>
It started once rock n' roll devastated the country sales I believe, then Nashville started going down the pop road, eventually leading to the shit we have today. There are still wonderful artists that cling to the traditional style though, don't be fooled. If you haven't, check out Dale Watson, Jake Penrod, Junior Brown & Wayne Hancock
>>
>>71082971
That new Chris Stapleton record was tight af, and it was mainstream as hell
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.