[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's so special about KKB?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: Kero-Kero-Bonito[1].jpg (30KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
Kero-Kero-Bonito[1].jpg
30KB, 940x529px
I'm genuinely curious. To me they just sound simple and boring. I seriously don't get why they are getting so much praise as if what they are doing is new and groundbreaking. There are several other bands that have come and gone and done the same shit years ago and they pale in comparison to actual Japanese artists in the same genre of music.

What are you guys' genuine opinion of them?

>inb4 #CRUSHED
>inb4 Sarah waifu fags
>>
>>71079337
Gus looks extremely cute there
>>
>>71079386
it's almost as if u have a CRUSH on him or something
>>
>>71079337
The simplicity of the music is what makes it endearing, I don't know where boring comes from though.

I've never seen any band like KKB, so i'd like to see what other bands you're talking about.
>>
>>71079337
I think they're fun, and their music is fun. I don't think it's boundary pushing or really anything other than some bouncy pop tunes, but I enjoy it.
>>
>>71079337
the only thing I can think of would be the fact that she raps in japanese with an english accent
that's about it
>>
>>71080172
>The simplicity of the music is what makes it endearing
That's what I hear and read as well. I just find it a bit weird that they get featured on things like Pitchfork and stereogum.

>I don't know where boring comes from though.
Well the instrumentation and lyricism isn't exactly energetic or really "in your face" for lack of a better term in my opinion. At least not from what I'm used to with this style.

>I've never seen any band like KKB, so i'd like to see what other bands you're talking about.
Anamanaguchi and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for starters.
>>
>>71080312
I looked at Anamanaguchi and their most popular song doesn't have any lyrics and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu is straight up japanese and a little bit too quirky to be accessible to most people.

Thats what it comes down to, accessibility. The songs are straightforward, easy to understand, catchy and fun. Its just the way they do it is quite unique. Theres no 'deeper meaning' really.
>>
>>71080445
For some Anamanaguchi with lyrics check out endless fantasy there are some vocal tracks on there. Or just check out pop it.
The whole accessibility angle is indeed what I think is what garners them so much attention.
>>
File: 1484598559059.jpg (75KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484598559059.jpg
75KB, 720x720px
>>71079386
Gus is always extremely cute :3
>>
BIG
>>
>>71080312
>Anamanaguchi and Kyary Pamyu Pamyu for starters.
dunno how you're fine with using Anamanaguchi as a comparison. They're chiptunes with video game instrumentally dominated music lacking any sort of kitchy vocals. KBB uses 16bit era video game influences, but you can't even compare Anamanaguchi's pacing, bpm, or palette of game tones to KBB.

KBB is obviously inspired by Kyary, but KBB puts the disconnected PC Music spin on J-pop and mixes game music, billboard pop, as well as satirical british rap vocals. Kyary's disconnect is in excess and KBB's is in celebratory parody.
>>
The music is fun and simple, the production is great, and Sarah has a cute stage persona.
>>
>>71079386
He's always cute you bitch

He also happens to the purest girl
>>
>>71079337
It's just westernized j-pop for weebs who are ashamed of being weebs
>>
>>71080172
>I've never seen any band like KKB, so i'd like to see what other bands you're talking about.
ORESAMA and Megumi Wata
>>
File: 1484168274921.png (340KB, 512x549px) Image search: [Google]
1484168274921.png
340KB, 512x549px
>>
Who knows if Sarah Bonito is still together with The Crusher?
>>
>>71085703
Why wouldnt they be?
>>
>>71079337
Dude on the left looks like the Sandy Hook shooter.
>>
>>71085872
She is with me now.
>>
>>71085661
Manlet gains are NOT a meme
>>
>>71079337
They're a pop version of The Aquabats that's somehow more accessible.

All they do is make simple nice songs about regular things. There's no metaphors or deeper meanings to the songs, which makes them great.
>>
KKB is husbando-pop. People only listen to it for the boys.
>>
White girl trying her hardest to look asian and failing. Isn't that their whole appeal?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.