[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anco general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

Better than most of Painting With. Thoughts?
>>
better than bad is still mediocre
>>
Is it true Painting With-era is much better live?
>>
Maybe its because I was high out of my mind but Jimmy Mack sounded incredibly gay. Not like gay in a bad way, it might be my favorite song on the album, but it just had homoerotic vibes all over towards the end.

Anyone else feel that way or am I projecting my own latent gay onto the song?
>>
>>71071635
Yes
>>
>>71071649
Well it probably sounds gay cuz it's a male singing about wanting another male...
>>
>>71071690
oh okay
I couldn't discern the lyrics that well in my state and wasn't sure if I heard it correctly
>>
>>71071590
this is good. the songs are great. better than painting with. if this is leftovers so wtf avey
>>
>>71071635
Yeah, I saw them twice. The addition of a live drummer made the PW tracks so sick and dynamic.
>>
Who was here yesterday for that awesome AnCo thread? Shoutout to the guy who showed me Tomboiled, had it on repeat while I was coding last night.

Post your favorite songs from AnCo & crew:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSQMjMK05oE
>>
>>71071590
agreed
>>71071607
>having a shit opinion
Painting With is good, and this EP is two good singles that sit between PW and MPP production-wise and two tracks that are like PW but more varied. I'd say as a whole it's a better work, though PW has better highs in stuff like The Burglars.
>>71071635
definitely, the added energy shines through on tracks like Lying in the Grass
>>71071708
they said in interviews around PW's release that they had 4 songs left over. the first two of them were Gnip Gnop and Hounds of Bairro, so I'm guessing that Kinda Bonkers is a new one from the slightly different production style it shares with Jimmy Mack and Peacemaker and Goalkeeper are the other two outtakes.
>>
>>71071635
Not better than ChZ era
>>
>>71071725
Reposting my favorite live performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuzChn5azXg
>>
>>71071725
i could listen to street flash on repeat till the day i die
>>
JIIIIIIMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>71071774
Burglars is very bad. Only worthwhile songs, save for a few moments here and there, are Floridada, On Delay, and Golden Gal. Now adopt this truth and go forth.
>>
>>71071725

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_LOiiWjpug
>>
>>71071809
>this will never be available in higher quality
god I wish I could've heard them live back then
>>71071838
you just picked the three poppiest songs and didn't even give any appreciation to the best pop song on the album (Vertical.) also
>The Burglars
>not a highlight of their newer discography and probably their discography as a whole
I really don't get how people are so split over the track. it seems like half love it and half hate it.
>>
>>71071838
On Delay is a Postal Service clone. Golden Gal has some of the most boring anco arrangements to date. Bagels In Kiev is objectively the best track on PW.
>>
>>71071875
Bagels in Kiev has a god-tier melodic idea in it but they don't really do anything with it. it's the song on the album with the most wasted potential desu.
>>
>>71071875
So true about On Delay, i thought i was the only person that heard it
>>
>>71071875
On Delay's only resemblance to anything from Postal Service is the timbre of the synth. Bagels in Kiev isn't even a decent song, let alone the best.

>>71071866
They may be the three poppiest, but they are also the only tracks that don't have glaringly bland or straight out annoying parts. There are definitely glimmers of merit in most of the other songs, but as a whole they fail.
>>
>>71072064
what's glaringly bland or straight out annoying about The Burglars, Vertical, and Lying In The Grass? I can understand it for most of the other songs you didn't list, but the first two I mentioned in particular don't fit that at all for me.
>>
What I would've given to see Monkey Riches live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9WVVWSdlSk
>>
>>71072145
The pre-chorus and chorus (save for Panda's descending part) to Vertical are bland and very annoying respectively. Pretty much all of Lying in the Grass is one big wash of blandness to me, from the instrumental to the monotonous vocal 'melody'. And Burglars doesn't do anything pleasing until around 1:51. Everything before that, without listening to the song I couldn't have recalled any melodies at all. That was very much not the case with previous AnCo songs, which, even if they weren't the best, they had very distinct or effective melodies.
>>
Why does no one else think Lying in the Grass is awful? I think it's tied with Hocus Pocus and Spilling Guts for worst song on the album (admittedly though Spilling Guts live is a banger)
>>
Goalkeeper is really nice. The vocal melodies for the chorus are just catchy as fuck.
>>
Thoughts on the EP:
Kinda Bonkers is a fantastic song, I really want to see the group do more stuff that uses traditional instruments but with electronic backing, like Sleep Cycle.
Peacemaker and Goalkeeper are one dimensional, really have nothing going for them. Such a drag.
Jimmy Mack is a jam.
>>
File: Agd8tCD.png (61KB, 356x452px) Image search: [Google]
Agd8tCD.png
61KB, 356x452px
>>71071649
it's a cover of a song sung by women, but pls refer to the meme image
>>
File: 1485723484970.jpg (44KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
1485723484970.jpg
44KB, 500x334px
why is alsatian darn just screens but worse?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yvOYoNrzWM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qrygcd8I1Ko
>>
>>71072614
worst song was golden gal, that shit was just boring
>>
>>71071838
Burglars is not bad, let alone "very" bad. Great energy, paced very well with a big build up and pay off, outstanding vocal performance from Avey, beautiful and inventive harmonies from Panda at the end.
>>
>>71072434
>Pretty much all of Lying in the Grass is one big wash of blandness to me, from the instrumental to the monotonous vocal 'melody'.

But how. It's great a fantastic, dance-y beat with a cool offbeat rhythm courtesy of filtered vocal samples, a very nice rising piano sample in the verse, a great chorus, and a cool bridge. It's one of my favorites. Cool samples throughout too, like the trumpet.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.