[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

jens lekman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Life Will See You Now.jpg (73KB, 620x620px) Image search: [Google]
Life Will See You Now.jpg
73KB, 620x620px
About to listen to this, was it any good?
>>
>>71069654
hey thats weird i went to the archive to get a jens lekman album while listening to this and saw this thread

its really good, kinda like kortedala-lite
>>
Not my favorite by him but I liked the album
>>
File: jensblackwhite.jpg (393KB, 802x546px) Image search: [Google]
jensblackwhite.jpg
393KB, 802x546px
>>71069728

Yeah, it definitely has more of the 'quirk' found in Night Falls Over Kortedala, but slightly more mature and world-weary in a good way.

The production values are gorgeous and crisp, however. Matches the lyrics perfectly and the narrative on tracks cover things outside of just typical 'falling in love' stories.

Nice to have him back.
>>
>>71069654
Really great album. Feels like a best-of in a weird way, because some songs have a Kortedala feel while others have a IKWLI feel, and others have a Argument With Myself feel with the dancey balaeric beat tracks.

Second half falters a tough but the first 6 tracks are consistently outstanding, so I'm super stoked on this release. It's what I expected, and I expected bliss. Can't think of a more consistent songwriter working today if I'm being honest.

Seconding the guy above me, it's nice to have him back. Postcards and the WWJD mixtape were really nice to tide me over, but it feels great to finally have a proper album release, especially one with so many sonic/instrumental throwbacks to his 00s stuff.
>>
>>71069654
I really love this record. It's a real return to his early era. I really loved his last record but this is classic Jens. Infectiously happy with the idiosyncratic lyricism that Jens has perfected. After so many depressing albums, I think this is the record we all need. I would have to say my favorite tracks are To Know Your Mission, Hotwire the Ferris Wheel, How We Met, The Long Version and Evening Prayer.
>>
If my favourite jens album is IKWLI will I like it?
>>
>>71071450
IKWLI is something of a departure from form in his discography. I really love that record. Life Will See You Now is not really a continuation of the style of I Know What Love Isn't but it does have some similar elements.
>>
>>71071450
prolly

that album is underrated as fuck btw
>>
>>71071450
It's pretty dissimilar barring a handful of tracks; IKWLI is a lot more stripped down but most of the cuts on here are pretty dancey and chamber pop-y.

Regardless, Jens is Jens, and songwriting wise it's par for the course. The melodies and lyrics will be perfectly familiar and beautiful.
>>
>>71071644
>>71071794
I like all of his albums tho
preorder came in today I'll give it a listen later
>>
>>71071870
If you like all of his stuff, there's definitely a lot for you here to enjoy. Did you listen to An Argument With Myself? I'd say this album is primarily a blend of that kind of dancey, balaeric beat style and Kortedala with one or two tracks that are reminiscent of IKWLI.
>>
>>71071870
You may not love it but you'll undoubtedly like it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.