[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Painters EP

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1694.jpg (48KB, 640x590px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1694.jpg
48KB, 640x590px
Thoughts?

I'd personally say it's on the same level as PW
>>
It was good, album cover is t shirt tier tho
>>
>>71068250

it's as good as Water Curses
>>
>>71068256
Favourite/least favourite song?

Also, do you think they'll continue with this sound?
>>
I don't get the love I've been seeing for Peacemaker but the rest of the EP is great
>>
>>71068269
Least favorite is goalkeeper and no, I think these were leftovers of painting with and centpede hz

I'm hoping we'll being seeing something similar to fall be kind in the future

>captcha was asking me to identify a weapon
>>
5/10
>>
Kinda Bonkers and Jimmy Mack are great, the other's two are the worst of PW tier. 7/10.

DONT YOU FEEL ME YOUR HEART SHINE
>>
>>71068306
That songs fucking terrible
>>
>>71068725
It's a grower, didn't think much of it at first but now it's one of my faves of the hocketing tracks
>>
sounds like another animal collective release. poor everything basically. the single most smoke n mirrors band ever.
>>
>>71068250
>I'd personally say it's on the same level as PW
yep, on the same shit level
>>
>>71068250
Jimmy Mack is OK.
BUT, just why did they choose Jimmy Mack. I actually dig into the original version a lot. Now all I can remember is Panda's crazy yelling.
>>
>>71068250
>the best track is the cover
more like AnKEK amirite?
>>
kinda bonkers is pretty good but I want this era to end tbqh
>>
>>71069607
I guess this EP signifies the end of this era, probably gonna focus on solo stuff for a while then come back with a new style in a few years I reckon
>>
>>71069487
That's avey
>>
Anybody have a link for this??
>>
>Kinda Bonkers
Great song, very cubic and angular, what PW should have been
>Peacemaker
Mediocre song, not offensive by any means but not great
>Goalkeeper
Don't remember anything about this song which says a lot about it
>Jimmy Mack
I really did not like this song, way too poppy and jumpy for an AnCo song, they rest don't do jumpy pop very well and should stick to much atmosphere
>>
I like Jimmy Mack desu
>>
>>71068250
Peacemaker and Jimmy Mack are godly

Other two are shit. After multiple listens I don't even remember how they sound
>>
>>71069689
I concur
>>
the words jimmy mack have such a dumb sound to them really not a fan of the song. Just sounds like some older random song
>>
http://dopefile.pk/9slm63vp58t0
>>
>>71068590
Very bad taste my friend. Peacemaker would be a standout track on strawberry jam and goalkeeper would be in the top three PW songs. Bonkers is pretty cool if lyrically cheesy. Jimmy mack is fun but a little bland imo
>>
Goalkeeper has vocal interplay on par with the end of burglars, it'd just hidden under some of the densest geo work we've heard.

Also peacemaker has the greatest geo work since like water curses. It's such a great great track. I was not a fan of PW and thought they lost it but this ep proves they still know how to make some great tunes.
>>
>>71068306
Peacemaker is the worst by far. It's interchangeable with about 5 other recent Panda and AnCo tracks. The rest of the tracks on the EP are good, better than most of PW
>>
>>71068269
I like this sound, it's new and refreshing for the band at least in some songs (im not a fan of every PW track). The EP is even better in some parts and desu some of these songs couldve made PW more varied. Dunno if theyll keep this sound but i will welcome anything they put out unless it's 100% garbage.
>>
Did not expect much from the single that came out a few days before release. Seemed like the spare grease left in Painting With's pan. Although while being tasty grease from some nice bacon, it's still grease and I could always just cook another batch of bacon.

Given AnCo's experimental past, you'd expect then to change it up with each release which sometimes you see, sometimes you don't. The songs on here sound like they made them fairly after the release of Painting With, just with a very similar sound. The songs are still very catchy and easy to dance to, so I can't fault them for making some nice tunes. It's an easy listening, little sample of the leftover grease from the Painting With pan and that's about all you say about it. If you're a grease guy, you might enjoy this. If not, you're probably better off cooking more bacon, or cooking something entirely different. Like a vegan meal or something.
>>
>>71073719
Their EPs have always been "grease," idk why you would expect anything else
>>
>>71073819
fall be kind was a big juicy strip of bacon
>>
>>71073874
Fall Be Kind strikes me as its own pan completely. I would have never realized it was the MPP So if I hadn't been told.
>>
>>71073719
Was that a food analogy? On /mu/?

Rare
>>
A little better than some of the stuff on painting with, but still not great. Kinda bonkers has a cool sound, but the lyrics are just embarrassing. The other three songs are forgettable but enjoyable.
>>
>>71068250
I Make Album Length Compilations of each Era's EP Tracks and Rare unreleased material. It really makes their Discography that much better.

I merged

1.Prospect Hummer + BBC live Sessions with Sleeper Factory?Doggy and Covered in Frogs (goat acoustic ANCO track)

2. People Ep + Grass Ep

3. Water Curses + Safer

4. Oddsac (Just the "songs") + Keep Cassete

5. Mr Noah Ep+ Crosswords EP (its almost like he wrote 2 albums worth of great shit.

6. Honeycomb+Gotham+Mountain Game+Crimson+Hounds of Bairo/Gnip Gnop will be merging Painters Ep with this one.
>>
>>71076083
>Oddsac (Just the "songs")
this is just as retarded as in the other thread. Oddsac is their best work you absolute plen
>>
did anyone else catch the ASMR sample in one song? kinda pissed b/c i was gonna do that
>>
>>71076885
Where?
>>
>>71076083
Whoa, any chance you could upload any of those? A great idea, and something I've done with a few other bands
>>
Does anyone else get some serious ODDSAC vibes from Kinda Bonkers? The percussion, the overall ambience, the delayed/echoed vocals towards the end of the track and some other subtle things...it's like if ODDSAC is a bad trip, Kinda Bonkers is the moment when you have that uplifting epiphany that pulls you out of the darkness. Pretty great.

Peacemaker to me is very similar to Bleeding, in that I feel it's very uninspired right now but I feel it's going to grow on me hard as hell. Bleeding is a great song to me now, but the first time I heard it, it wasn't all that impressive. However, listening now I really do like the subtle vocal chops around the "chorus". The pitch shifted distorted sound of the vocals adds a nice tone to the song overall and the rhythm it adds to that part of the groove is nice.

Goalie is the one track on here I think would have fit best on PW however it gets to be a little too busy and abrasive at times. Granted, I'm on my third listen of the EP now and I feel like I'm noticing things I hadn't earlier today or last night. Could be also because I'm listening in Flac...

Jimmy Mack is a good song but really kinda bummed the longest song on the EP is a cover...
>>
>>71069621
PLEASE BE SOME SORT OF AMBIENT/ACOUSTIC SOUND COLLAGE A'LA CAMPFIRE SONGS MIXED WITH ODDSAC AND TTG WITH THE ARRANGEMENTS BEING REMINISCENT OF SUNG TONGS
>>
>>71076885
You talkin about at the end of Goalkeeper?
>>
>>71078095
yes i believe
>>
>>71078042
........have you heard SLEEP CYCLE by Deakin??

It's got some of that

>>71078023
O shit, where you get FLAC senpai?
On my Painting With playlist, I put Kinda Bonkers as the new closing track, and Peacemaker is after On Delay. My new playlist for the album with what I think is best:

1. FloriDada
2. Hocus Pocus
3. Vertical
4. Lying in the Grass
5. The Burglars
6. Natural Selection
7. Gnip Gnop
8. On Delay
9. Peacemaker
10. Spilling Guts
**11. Hounds of Bairro
12. Golden Gal
13. Recycling
14. Kinda Bonkers
==
15. Goalkeeper (Bonus Track)
16. Jimmy Mack (Bonus Track)

**miiiight remove Hounds and keep that with the bonus tracks, too. I like it & the other EP songs, but I can't say they're better than what's on the album. I removed Bagels and Summing the Wretch cause they were my least favorites
>>
link

https://mega.nz/#F!tB90WSBR!TlM2LYthh0vdQJ8vYCj1Ew
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.