[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Holy shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: Soft_Machine_Third.jpg (51KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Soft_Machine_Third.jpg
51KB, 300x300px
Holy shit
>>
Yup.
>>
Yup.
>>
>>71067501
I know, right?

I'm pissed I didn't listen to them earlier
>>
>>71067501
>trout mask replica without the autism
>>
>>71067501
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4JrPnep5Aw

Moon in June (Peel session)
>>
So what other albums of theirs would you recommend or say are essential? Their first three and Peel Sessions are bolded on rym and Scaruffi gave Fourth and Sixth a 7 and 7.5 respectively

I'm probably going to listen to them all anyway, just looking for input
>>
Indeed
>>
>>71067551
It sounds literally nothing like TMR.

Also, their psychedelic albums were much better.
>>
Yeah, that's pretty amazing
>>
First track best track

When I first heard this album I thought the 10 minutes of random noise was pointless and ruined a good song but now that I've matured I've realized that it's the best part of the track
>>
>>71068006
One of the greatest bands of all time

My ratings are Third (9) = Volume 2 (9) > s/t (8.5) > Fourth (7) >= their others
>>
File: cover.jpg (1MB, 3214x3203px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
1MB, 3214x3203px
>>71068077
>10 minutes of random noise was pointless
please
>>
File: farrell_penny_arcade.jpg (115KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
farrell_penny_arcade.jpg
115KB, 600x600px
I was listening to some 70's Joe Farrell recently and it reminded me of Soft Machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y5ILGMm5Qo
>>
>>71068006
depends on what you're looking for. 1 and 2 are great psych rock albums with some jazzy elements. 4 onwards are mostly jazz records, often with rock elements still in them.
>>
>>71067501
I prefer Vol 2 but this one is pretty solid too
>>
>>71067501
This is one of my favorite albums. It's soooooooo fucking good.

I enjoy the way they play with uneven time signatures, layering numerous melodies over each other to create a wavering psychedelic effect, the sheer strength and variety of the drumming throughout the whole project, the distinct attitude of all four movements, the extended solos remaining interesting for their enitirety, the way they push that fuzz box instrument to it's extreme limit on the opening of Facelift, the rolling synths layering and wavering in the opening of Out Bloody Rageous, and the chord progression in the center of Moon In June's more conventional rock segment.
>>
The beginning of Out-Bloody-Rageous with headphones is the most physically pleasing musical sensation my ears have felt.
>>
>>71068759
Is this album any good? I know Wyatt himself considers it something of a false start.
>>
>>71068083
I just like Six so much it would have to be tied with Third for me. Volume 2 is next best.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.