[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

any tips for beginner bassist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>>
crayons are for drawing, not eating.
>>
>>71066212
Put in the time. It's hella frustrating at first and if you're anything like me you're gonna be forming callouses ontop of callouses, but it's genuinely so rewarding.

Just get some tabs and shit, learn some of your favourite songs.

GET A DECENT BASS. Understand how turning up and down certain pickups changes the tone of your playing. Look into pedals and basically just experiment until you find a funky sound, really.

Most importantly, have fun. It's a hobby, not a chore.
>>
>>71066212
understand that even though you are the backbone and just as important as anyone else in the band you will never under any circumstances be able to get with any women after the show.
this is the cruel nature of the bassist.
aside from that, it's a pretty fun instrument.
>>
Praktise with sheet music, not tab
>>
>>71066277
>understand that even though you are the backbone and just as important as anyone else in the band you will never under any circumstances be able to get with any women after the show.
>this is the cruel nature of the bassist.
Depending on the genre of music, this isn't a reasonable expectation to be honest. And given that someone's just starting, playing shows isn't going to be a big concern. I don't think hooking up with women after shows is worthwhile, unless you look like an actor or you want to become another Bon Jovi, Poison, etc. (and we all know how great that turned out to be for music in general)
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.