[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this album for plebs or patricians?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 4797158.jpg (34KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
4797158.jpg
34KB, 300x297px
Is this album for plebs or patricians?
>>
>>71066010
plebs
>>
plebs no doubt
>>
Plebs
>>
Pleb as fuck
>>
Haven't heard it yet, but his Four Seasons was pretty excellent.
>>
>>71066052
yea i think this album is for plebs as i wrote above but his four seasons stuff is excellent. this album was just too saccharine and emotional for me, hit mostly familiar notes
>>
>>71066071
Thanks for the input (seriously)
>>
>>71066098
np friend happy to still occasionally use this board for its long-archaic purpose of "music discussion"
>>
>>71066110
This place has never been less than 98% chaff since at least 2012, but it's just always had the best wheat.
>>
I don't think it's bad, but it's not much that hasn't already been done
>>
>>71066071
>I have no idea what I'm talking about the post

Four seasons was gimmicky and musically stale. This one actually had Richter coming into his own and has some excellent arrangements.
>>
>>71066334
idk its just my opinion man, although i do have a degree in music for what its worth, not sure what id have to have to know what im talking about

i just didnt like how dramatic this album felt, it was a sort of melancholy drama, too, which is my least favorite kind. I also wasnt too impressed by the arrangements, not sure what you're hearing that i missed out on, but there wasnt anything that really mcwowed me on this one
>>
>>71066010
Richter is a gateway musician to patrician.
>>
>>71066370
Hmm alright. Having heard his previous work which is usually pretty banal I felt this was him maturing as a composer His stuff is pretty lowest common denominator in terms of melody and harmony but this was an exception imo.
>>
>>71066573
It was mostly diatonic harmony, with a little bit of modal mixture. The rhythms were interesting sometimes, there was a bit of 5/8 and 7/8. The production was pretty interesting too, really good use of compression and tremolo effects
>>
>>71066573
that's so weird, i felt the opposite. I mean i liked four seasons because i thought it was basically like pop classical deconstructionism, and it was accessible and fun to listen to so that was probs my favorite by him

but without the energy idk, i just dont find his music that appealing, and this album didn't have as much energy in it
>>
>>71066589
Yeah he ventures into chromaticism at times whereas on past albums it's very saturnine diatonic stuff, so definitely considerable growth in that area. I agree about the production too, some nice timbers on this album.

>>71066596
I just felt 4 seasons was boring. There's a lot more going on in this one comparatively.
>>
File: Fuck Richter.jpg (110KB, 475x818px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Richter.jpg
110KB, 475x818px
>>71066052
>>71066071
>Thinking Richter's remixing Vivaldi was worth listening to
Fuckin plebs m8, when will they ever learn

>>71066010
Richter is pleb as fuck. Listen to some decent contemporary classical. Part, Pendercki, Lachenmann, Murail, Ferneyhough, Auerbach, Tavener, Psathas, literally anyone but Richter.
>>
listen to whatever you want. having said that, maxxie boy is not pleb. sleep is fantastic. vivaldi is great etc etc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.