[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

its official guys they dead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

File: pwscore.png (3KB, 166x169px) Image search: [Google]
pwscore.png
3KB, 166x169px
its official guys they dead
>>
It's the new AnCo's score. There saved some of you guys a click. OP might be baiting you to go on P4K since he might be a P4K shill.
>>
but the file name says painting with score. Now I have to go there to verify. are you the shill?
>>
>>71064801
>gave PW and The Painters the same score
Wow great music journalism guys
>>
File: p4kanci.png (425KB, 1952x690px) Image search: [Google]
p4kanci.png
425KB, 1952x690px
Shit. I was really enjoying this EP but I guess since Pitchfork doesn't like it I can't either. Shame.
>>
>>71064755
REST IN PISS ANCRAP
>>
>>71064755
Do you not realize how arbitrary PF ratings are?
>>
File: Capture.png (368KB, 840x2060px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
368KB, 840x2060px
>>71064801
i fugged one of the last lines
>>
>>71064917
pitchfork determines music dude read up on your stuff jeez
>>
Richdork Media is literally shit.
>>
File: 1472348346524.jpg (88KB, 568x674px) Image search: [Google]
1472348346524.jpg
88KB, 568x674px
>p4k
>>
In reality this EP deserves at least a solid 8, probably not a 9.

On par with Water Curses.
>>
This is a fair score though, 3/4 songs on the thing are not that great, it's saved by Kinda Bonkers
>>
>>71064990
Peacemaker is great though
>>
>>71064990

Jimmy Mack is the best track hands down. What are you fucking smoking?
>>
File: IMG_9148.jpg (68KB, 639x865px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9148.jpg
68KB, 639x865px
>>
I think Pitchfork has the bad habit of giving really good artists extra low scores on albums they wish were as good as their older catalog in an effort for the artist to look at it and be like WTF - assholes - I'll prove them wrong! And so as to make the artist try harder next time, just like with Travis Morrison's Travistan... but it's bullshit. It's in no way an actually fair analysis.
>>
>>71064782
>might
>>
>>71065020
This is proof that p4k is full of shit
>>
>>71065020
LOL
>>
What sort of music would anco have to crank out for their next major release for Pitchfork to give them a BNM?
I think Avey and Panda's vocals are enough to make the current Pitchfork writing staff's stomachs churn reminding them that they used to give fucking white males BNM ipso facto on their song writing and talent
>>
>>71064966
dubs confirms
>>
>>71065073
Panda has to be featured in Turbo Grafx 16
>>
pitchfork is not a legitimate criticism website

sorry
>>
>>71065073
They'd have to sing a couple hundred dollars into their pockets for a BNM
>>
>>71065073
AnCo would need to make a collaboration album with Young Thug or something at this point to get their appraisal.
>>
REMINDER THAT PITCHFORK IS OWNED BY CONDE NAST WHO OWNS REDDIT, making Pitchfork REDDIT, as are those who discuss the site and it's scores and reviews.
>>
>>71065073
they would have to unload their shekels and denounce their unbearable whiteness

Making music would be optional
>>
>>71065124
this
>>
>>71065111
Trips confirm
>>
>>71065149
This is true. It's not tough to imagine a single lyric decrying their awful (((privileged earned discography))) earning them Pitchforks praise again. That or Geologist coming out as a faggot.
>>
File: 1485982786757.jpg (160KB, 1172x749px) Image search: [Google]
1485982786757.jpg
160KB, 1172x749px
>>
>>71065337

this made my day
>>
>>71065124
Reddit is no longer owned by Conde Nast. Reddit is its own, independent company who don't need no parent company.

Still, even if it were, what a childish way to think.
>>
>>71065366
Jesus, a screenshot of an Instagram post made your day?
What the fuck are your days like?
>>
>>71065397
>Reddit became a direct subsidiary of Condé Nast's parent company, Advance Publications, in September 2011. As of August 2012, Reddit operates as an independent entity, although Advance is still its largest shareholder.

Thanks for attempting to correct the record though, shitfork shill
>>
>>71065307
Why Geologist lol
>>
>>71064859
a 6.1 isn't even that bad
>>
>>71065124
>Robert A. Sauerberg, Jr. (CEO and President)
Really tickles the pickle
>>
>>71065422
OK, still. Reddit is owned by the same company that owns Conde Nast, which owns Pitchfork. Reddit and Pitchfork are way too distant to have any sort of affect on one another, quality-wise.

It's just really dumb to think, "Reddit has this one minor, esoteric thing in common with Pitchfork. This means Reddit is Pitchfork." I don't even like Pitchfork, but the logic there is shoddy.
>>
>>71065535
This fucking post is Reddit.
>>
>>71065535
Not really, Reddit's owners are known for being straight white male hating feminist SJWs, so it at least partly explains why Pitchfork has been the same way.
>>
>>71065441
Who else?
>>
>>71065410

No because I love NIN and Trent Reznor and now I gotta check out that dope 2017 reissue.
>>
>>71065470
It's not good. It's "fair", which still translates to don't bother unless you are a die hard fan.

Which isn't fair for the EP, which is a 7.5 at least.
>>
>>71064859
It's like a Scaruffi 5
>>
>because Pitchfork matters
>>
Its anti white indie propaganda pitchfork is shit
>>
>>71065535
shill
>>
F
>>
>>71065020
This is so accurate you fucking posers
>>
>>71065337

The old score was more accurate.
>>
Lol no one cares
>>
>>71065020

woooooooooooow
>>
>>71064755
Pitchfork is irrelevant shit but their constant slamming of AnCo is genuinely part of the reason they're falling out of favor. Unfortunately that big circled number matters a lot to the mindless drones who read their reviews; it tanked CHz and PW's scores on other review websites, and now this one is next.

Just remember that it had a 3.35 before this review dropped. We'll see where it goes now.
>>
>>71067500
>he doesn't like Danse
>>
>>71065878
>>71065552
>anti white indie propaganda
>straight white male hating feminist SJWs
>>
>>71068872
>already down to 3.19
HAHAHAHA

shitfork readers truly are pathetic
>>
>>71068872
or maybe this ep sucks?
>>
>>71069676
This was a genuinely good EP, much better as a whole than Painting With. Pitchfork's put out the idea that they're declining hard, though, so the lower scores are a must. IMO it's at least an 8.0.
>>
>>71069724
they ARE declining hard.
this is some hardcore bias im seeing my man. which is cool i guess .you're passionate about them to overlook the decline in quality.
>>
>>71069747
not him but you know the exact opposite can be said of you, right? you're both just assuming the others' opinions are unjustified and disingenuous, just for different reasons. he thinks you're a p4k shill and you think he's in denial or "biased".
>>
>they sampled ASMR
FUCK that was my idea
>>
>>71069747
I don't like this era nearly as much as the ones that came before it, but it's still better than like 80% of music coming out. Even if they're declining, it's a slow decline. The stupidest idea perpetuated in music is that if an artist declines from their peak, it's time to forget all about them.
>>
>>71069781
i don't like p4k
>>71069789
>80% of music
maybe in pop music. but for everything else no way!
>>
>>71069803
>i don't like p4k

righto, and he could just as easily say "I'm not in denial or a fanboy, these are my unbiased opinions"

do you see why it's a fruitless and mega autistic effort to argue in circles about whether or not the person you're talking to has sincere opinions while asserting that yours is sincere
>>
>>71064755
>Taking (((Pitchfork))) seriously

lmao
>>
>>71069824
no i see it as a discussion that may have both of us see this ep in a different life.
he could help convince me that my opinion on this ep is wrong.
>>
>>71064755
If Pitchfork were a RYM account I would block them. Their ratings are all over the place.
>>
>>71064826
I also gave them the same score. 4/10
>>
Is it bad that AnCo is my all-time favorite band, but I still haven't listened to thi EP for fear of being disappointed even more?
>>
>>71065535
You are doing that too much. Try again in 5 minutes.
>>
>>71070095
I held off listening to Tomboy for months and months, since Person Pitch is one of my most beloved albums. Then a friend of mine casually tossed on Panda's Jimmy Fallon performance and I was fucking transfixed. Went home and downloaded Tomboy immediately and still really love it, but I must admit it never recaptured that moment watching that performance for the first time, which I feel is probably one of the best television performances of a single song ever.

That said, you will be disappointed by this EP, but you have to give it a chance.
>>
>>71070095

In all honesty, as a huge fan of AnCo, I really liked all the tracks, goalkeeper is still PWish, but it's not bad and it shows that they still have it. Kinda Bonkers is a great song that is on par with Laying in the grass. Peacemaker is something that sounds like panda's tomboy, Goalkeeper is a longer song from PW so you might hate it or love it depending, jimmy mack is something out of this world, and isnt even related to PW. On par with water curses for sure, Pitchfork isn't allowed to give BNM unless the artist is black or a woman
>>
>>71070095
They my fav too, and I don't blame you. It's not that good IMO, and it's actually more crushing to have so many AnCo fanboys blindly praising every aspect of it, just like they did with Painting With. I miss being a fanboy..
>>
>>71070267
>unless the artist is black or a woman
or makes relevant music
>>
>>71070269
>blindly praising
the assumptions made on this board are fucking ridiculous. you think everyone who's a fan of the band is just eating this shit up because they're forcing themselves to like it? I hated Centipede Hz, I think it's their worst album by a long shot. That being said, PW with was a really refreshing album, and being that I (and many others) am a fan of that sound, of course I'm going to like this EP as well. There's nothing illogical about it.
>>
>>71070646
I'm referring more to the wild exclamations on "this is the best EP they've done!" or "this could be my favorite AnCo release yet!" within minutes of hearing it, which was happening all over the place as it does with every AnCo release
>>
>>71070675
im just not sure how that's any more ridiculous than people calling it trash on first listen. are you suggesting we wait before sharing initial impressions? obviously the more hyperbolic one's post is the less likely they are to be taken seriously by most people, but who is really to say that this couldn't be someone's favorite anco ep?
>>
File: unspecified4 (2).png (295KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
unspecified4 (2).png
295KB, 720x1280px
>>71070675
Not everyone is just trying out to be a contrarian, anon.
>>
>>71071219
thats nice and all but this new stuff sucks
>>
anyone got that flac / wav dl??
>>
>>71065020
so wrong
>>
>>71071235
And I personally think it's great. What are you gonna do about it? You gonna get mad because I have a dissenting opinion? They're still the same band at the end of the day regardless what type of material you like from them the most.
>>
Peacemaker is actually a very good song but the singing could be easily better
>>
I want to wish that they Rest in Peace, but I also dream they'll one day be worth a shit again.
>>
>>71065027 fantuan does the same thing ?
>>
>>71065027
There's also the reverse that they pad their scores knowing what good artists they have been/can be. In this case and with PW, I think that's what has transpired.
>>
>>71070874
Nobody could really make that decision in such a little amount of time, that wasn't what I was bring to attention though. It's the whole two-step process of insane praise (reviews come out) meh its not that great its dissapointing I see everywhere from fanboys. That's what I was saying was crushing, that's why I call it "blind praise". If you like it then thats fantastic, but the multiple AnCo websites I go on, I kinda get tired of these patterns and they leave a bad taste in my mouth
>>
>>71064755
It's a solid 7
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.