[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /mu/ hate Money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22KB, 300x300px
Why does /mu/ hate Money?
>>
>there are people discussing communism in another thread

Of course, why don't we
>>
Ruins the flow of the entire album.
>>
Money was the best song on the album tho, no contrarian
>>
The whole album sucks.
>>
>>71064464
It's the most bluesy/rockish sounding one and doesn't feel otherworldly like the rest of the album. Despite being 7/4 it still feels really straightforward and uninteresting somehow. Only song from that album I ever learned on bass though.....fun as fuck to play
>>
>>71064473
>/thread/
>>
I like it just fine. My least favorite song on DSOTM is Time because it's beyond overplayed and it's not nearly as clever as it thinks it is. The clock chimes make me cringe so hard now. Money's got a great solo in the middle and it's the most seem-less 7/8 groove I've ever heard, even if it's also overplayed.
>>
>>71064601
Agree
>>
>>71064471
Damn, missed that one.
Ah, it's 100+ replies already, all the good discussion has already been used up.
>>
>>71064601
The solo is 4/4 because Dave couldn't play it in 7/4.
>>
I don't hate it, per se, but it's not spacey and it's basically the Student Demonstration Time of DSotM. Any Colour You Like is the best song on the album imo.
>>
>>71064653
Technically it's in 12/8, but it can be counted in 4, and that's fine. It's a good solo still.
>>
theyre marxists
>>
>>71064732
>he says this like it's a bad thing
Also, I thought Waters was the only leftist?
>>
Roger Waters original demo of Money

https://youtu.be/BN2h_mxojVk

It's fuckin' blues
>>
File: 1482341804326.jpg (55KB, 664x626px) Image search: [Google]
1482341804326.jpg
55KB, 664x626px
If you think Money ruins the flow it means you're a digital only pleb who's never listened to the original LP where you have to flip sides.
>>
>>71064923
die
>>
I dont

but it doesnt fit with how the rest of the album plays
>>
>>71064942
All of Pink Floyd is just blues. They're by far the most overrated prog band.
>>
>>71064984
I have four copies of Darkside.
Sit down weeb.
>>
>>71064987
Sorry, classcuck, communism is inevitable.
>>
>>71064984
I've never listened to the LP and I think of it as two sides of a whole. Money is supposed to be a continuation of the album, and it being the first song on the second side doesn't justify its ruining the flow. It's still a part of one whole.

>That was cool, let's see how this beautiful piece continues
>KACHING
>lolwtf
>>
>>71065070
it's literally not, though. All of the western world has been non-Commie since the beginning of civilization.
>>
>>71064942
This version is much better. The blues style helps it convey the theme better and more honestly. The well-produced album version makes the lyrics sound too ironic
>>
>>71065003
Nah. Floyd are one of the few bands that deserve the accolades they get.
>>
>>71065106
Not even close to an argument.
>>
>>71065273
neither is your post
>>
>>71064485
literally this desu no memes
>>
>>71065449
It is though, communism is an inevitability.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.