[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else dig BoC? I feel like they ruined most other music

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

Anyone else dig BoC?

I feel like they ruined most other music for me. Nothing is quite like that warm, wholesome sound... I simply cannot accurately describe it in words.
>>
yeah i love BoC, they really know how to strike that chord in you. Geogaddi is my favorite album.
>>
geogaddi = bad acid trip
campfire headphase = good acid trip
>>
>>71063854
no
>>
tycho > boc
>>
>>71063854
Try One Nation by Hype Williams. Used to listen to that on my way home from work when I was working real long night shifts at a care home for retarded people. I'd get home in bed and fall asleep in my chair, drifting in and out with the album. It hadn't quite clicked for me before that.
>>
File: 1458940310188.png (13KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1458940310188.png
13KB, 657x527px
Best album: Geogaddi
Best EP: Hi Scores
Possibly best unreleased material: Play By Numbers
>>
Geogaddi > A Few Old Tunes > IABPOITC > Campfire Heaphase > Twoism > MHtRtC > Old Tunes Vol 2 > Hi Scores > Trans Canada Highway > Tomorrows Harvest > 35 Track Tape
>>
I love them
Unfortunately I feel like people who didn't grow up watching movies and documentaries by the actual National Film Board of Canada will never really, totally understand the sound. There's something about it, so warm and nostalgic, that reminds you of sitting in a Canadian classroom watching an old NFB flick like Paddle to the Sea. I can't describe it
>>
I like em, but I don't think they're the greatest musical act of our generation

>>71064584
Tycho only has one good album, and it's Dive.

>>71064716
>National Film Board of Canada
They didn't grow up watching it either, they're Scottish
>>
>>71064742
But they did. They lived here as kids, it's where they got their inspiration
>>
>>71064742
They lived in Canada for a significant part of their childhood, which is probably where most of their nostalgic memories took place. Also the Nation Film Board of Canada is phenomenal and their documentaries can be shown around the world.
>>
>>71064790
I believe they were in Calgary cuz of their folks or something. But yeah pretty far out shit. It's kind of scary how well their shit goes to old NFB flicks like this Cree Hunters of the Mistassinni flick this dude on youtube put together https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc3VwlZlW2Q

I myself don't understand the obsession with geogaddi. Campfire headphase is so much more organic to me.
>>
hell yeah dude, i love blue oyster cult
>>
Pre-Twoism Leak when
>>
Supposedly they wrote hundreds of tracks meant for Geogaddi during that time period. Like the one in the Leo DeCap commercial. I neeeeeed those
>>
first heard them in an adult swim bump in like 2007

i think it was "pete stands alone"

loved them ever since

tomorrow's harvest is also great.. i love the music video for reach for the dead. a wonderful yet alien cinematic feel
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.