[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what factors exactly go into determining whether an album

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: 2017.jpg (826KB, 1277x1645px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
826KB, 1277x1645px
So what factors exactly go into determining whether an album gets to be poseur core or not?

General quality? Popularity on /daily/? Impact? What's the most important factor in deciding whether an album gets to be poseurcore?
>>
>>71049290
Did I unintentionally just make a meme??
>>
Your mom's anal diameter.
>>
It has to be shit as fuck but have a big fanbase that talks about it at every opportunity in order to gain credit because it's "inaccessible" to plebs
>>
>>71049290
If it sounds like garbage ON PURPOSE and the artists fanbase consists of 13 year old RYMers and /daily/ trips then it might be poseurcore
>>
Any album that is weird for the sake of being weird is poseurcore. In the pursuit of weirdness, some poseurcore albums end up being good, but this is purely a coincidence.
>>
>>71049337
>If it sounds like garbage ON PURPOSE
Damn...Does this apply to the Coltrane and the Karma albums? I was thinking about listening to them several times.
>>
File: 0073145434132_600.jpg (33KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0073145434132_600.jpg
33KB, 600x600px
>>71049354
>Does this apply to the Coltrane and the Karma albums?
yes
>>
>>71049394
They're that bad??? Christ..
Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>71049290
Anything Montie doesn't like.
>>
>>71049421
you people make fun of montie but at least hes honest with his music taste and doesn't do pathetic posturing unlike some users on here
>>
>>71049447
fuck off Montie
>>
>>71049447
Fuck off Montie
>>
>>71049447
>no ones sincere except me

Prove Hampus doesn't have a genuine real interest in music made in other countries.
>>
>>71049447
/mu/ is the last place on earth you'd find people sharing music for hipster "cred"

you on the other hand think you're so intelligent and cynical that you've "seen past the veil". bravo, you've ironically become the most try-hard and attention seeking poster on this board
>>
>>71049290
>that serious about utter meme chart
wew lad
>>
>>71049545
>genuine real interest in music made in other countries
lmao
>>
>>71049447
I'm not gonna assume you're montie like everyone else is but who are you referring to with the 'posturing' part?
>>
>>71049545
>implying he cares at all

wanting to be like hampus is wanting to be a horrible person
>>
>>71049604
>>71049615
Not an argument
>>
>>71049654
t. Hampus Grönvall
>>
>>71049447
Just because Montie likes p4k/mu/-core doesn't automatically mean that his taste is genuine. In fact it's more logical to assume that someone who only likes /mu/core is a poseur because he likes said albums in an attempt to fit in.
>>
File: 1486852592438.png (95KB, 1168x602px) Image search: [Google]
1486852592438.png
95KB, 1168x602px
>>71049615
''no''
>>
>>71049697
this
>>
>>71049704
Now write a dissertation on the cultural differences and the shared influences between the traditions of all those countries.
>>
>>71049821
> write a dissertation

Since when was that the point of listening to music?
>>
>>71049841
>listening
*hoarding for pretty maps/charts & internet dick cred
>>
>>71049872
Prove it
>>
File: trad general.png (197KB, 1320x1418px) Image search: [Google]
trad general.png
197KB, 1320x1418px
>>71049881
Burden of proof is upon you to demonstrate your genuine appreciation of traditional musics for the GJW forces people to listen to "elite" music such as the avant-garde and various traditional world musics for the sake of diversity, but doesn't ask people to think of the music they are listening to. The end result of his actions is the /daily/ general: a community of people listening to traditional music whilst ignoring the socio-cultural context, a community of people listening to the avant-garde without applying a single bit of musical analysis to the process. A community of people treating music like fashion, a community of teenagers degrading historical and artistic artefacts to nothing more than memes.
>>
>>71049958
No, the burden of proof is on you to prove I don't because you're making the claims.
>>
>>71049958
>>71049881
A plebeian is the exact opposite of a patrician . While the musical preferences among individual plebs vary as widely as music itself, all plebs are easily identifiable by obvious tendencies and behaviors stemming from inner conflict between the compulsion to maintain a self-image of being "really into music" and a stubborn refusal to act accordingly. The pleb is threatened by critical discussion (both of music which the pleb enjoys and music which the pleb does not enjoy), openly hostile toward anyone who presumes an authoritative position no matter how legitimately, and rankles at any suggestion that he or she look inward to inspect his/her own biases or assumptions about music, or even at any suggestion that he/she might hold any biases in the first place.

What plebeians believe to be a keen interest in music is in reality nothing more than an obsession with "taste". This is why they can entertain themselves for hours examining scrobble counts on last.fm, maintaining contrived parabolas of their RYM star ratings, or meticulously assembling a Top 50/100 chart which displays their grocery-list eclecticism, but won't read a music text. This is why they loudly proclaim how their virginal taste is unsullied by any music reviewer's opinion, yet memorize each of those opinions to cite in their endless "drone" accusations. It is why they will evade addressing specific musical assertions at any cost, shifting the topic to popularity, fan image, or imaginary concepts such as "entry-level" or "fedoracore", all of which are better suited to their interests and expertise than actual music discussion.
>>
File: TheShow.png (3MB, 1500x1081px) Image search: [Google]
TheShow.png
3MB, 1500x1081px
>a copypasta threads turns into a war between a trip and a non trip.

This is G R E A T.
>>
>>71050024
War? You're implying I give a toss whether people think my listening habits, tastes and interest in music from other countries is genuine.or not.
>>
File: 1453680243049.png (1MB, 1307x2584px) Image search: [Google]
1453680243049.png
1MB, 1307x2584px
>>71049983
I gladly await the thread in which you demonstrate that you clearly know the things you seem to a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶p̶r̶i̶a̶t̶e̶ appreciate Turny, because the archive thus far only shows that chart spamming and occasional pasta spamming are the only things you seem to be capable of - in addition to poserismus, of course.
>>
Wanna hear a joke?

Poseurs care about music.
>>
>>71050088
music =/= image
>>
>>71050070
I never said it did.
It's just fun watching a trip that's not be get yelled at because I've been having a shitty week.

[spoiler]I actually shouldn't be saying that I sympathize with what you're going through right now[/spoiler]
>>
>>71050088
Then how come all of their album charts look the same? Why do they have favorite album charts to begin with
>>
Poseurs are people who listen to bands based on the image or rep that is engenders them to their peers, regardless of whether or not they actually like it. Any band can be a "poseur" band if a poseur is hyping them up to look cool.
>>
>>71050081
Why do you keep posting Hampus images?

>await the thread in which you demonstrate that you clearly know the things you seem to a̶p̶p̶r̶o̶p̶r̶i̶a̶t̶e̶ appreciate Turny
Okay, enjoy

>chart spamming
You mean posting music on the music board is bad?

>occasional pasta spamming
oh the ironing

> in addition to poserismus, of course.
Prove it

>>71050109
I'm just killing time at work, Its working
>>
>>71049566

/mu/ is full of hipsters fishing for cred.
>>
>>71050145
>I'm just killing time at work
Same for me but at college.
>>
>>71050132
There are no poseur bands, just poseur listeners. Just like there are no pleb/patrician bands, just pleb/patrician listeners.

The "poseur" fundamentally is a plebeian that thinks he is patrician, or a plebeian that completely misses the point of what makes a patrician patrician. A Beatles fan capable of elaborating on the cultural relevance and musical constructions of Beatles songs is more patrician than a chinese classical-listening poseur whose discussion capabilities begin with an album chart and end with a 5.0 score on their RYM account.
>>
>>71050109
>[spoiler][/spoiler]
All that you have to know about poseurs and poseur defeners, kek.
>>
>>71050189
Yeah yeah I get it the spoiler tags don't work on here.
Or I typed them wrong.
Again.

Doesn't matter, I'm just here for the show.
>>
>>71050174
>capable of elaborating on the cultural relevance and musical constructions of....any music

>On 4chan
>ever happened
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.