[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JUST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: micheal stipe with beard.png (377KB, 1133x691px) Image search: [Google]
micheal stipe with beard.png
377KB, 1133x691px
JUST
>>
What's more upsetting than the beard is the nose ring. The guy is in his late 50s.
>>
>>71047446
where did they go so insane? they were such nice boys in the 80s.
>>
>>71047679
Idk but he's the ultimate limousine liberal hypocrite now. He really takes a stand from his condo in Tribecca.
>>
File: 0.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>71047446
>>
>>71047461
It's a gay fetish retard. He probably has his nipples pierced as well
>>
>>71047446
How did Michael go from the anxious young lad he was in the 80s to beardy outspoken liberal who gets his cock out on the internet?
>>
>>71047803
Body piercing is a sign that there is a high chance the person was molested.
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1MB, 1000x1000px
best R.E.M. album coming through, don't mind me
>>
>>71048429
wow an actual patrician on /mu/
>>
>>71048429
This is correct but it's too patrician for most people to admit
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tq33sEQF6Q

dropped them after this song
>>
>>71048429
>>71048478
Except he's incorrect. The patrician choice is Automatic for the People.
>>
>>71048522
This is the truth
>>
>>71047679
I just want comfy Chronic Town REM back desu
>>
File: christgau.jpg (103KB, 594x398px) Image search: [Google]
christgau.jpg
103KB, 594x398px
>>71048429
Hiding political tics behind faux-formalist boilerplate, pop aesthetes accused them of imposing Solidarity and Agent Orange on their musical material, but in fact such subjects signaled an other-directedness as healthy as Michael Stipe's newfound elocution. Admittedly, with this one beginning "The world is collapsing around our ears," I wondered briefly whether "Losing My Religion" was about music itself, but when Stipe says they thought about calling it Love Songs, he's not just mumbling "Dixie." Being R.E.M., they mean to capture moods or limn relationships rather than describe feelings or, God knows, incidents, and while some will find the music too pleasing, it matches the words hurt for hurt and surge for surge. The Kate Pierson cameos, the cellos, and Mark Bingham's organic string arrangements are Murmur without walls--beauty worthy of DeBarge, of the sweetest soukous, of a massed choir singing "I Want To Know What Love Is."
A
>>
>>71048745
great, so i am allowed to like it. cool
>>
REM is nothing without bill berry
>>
>>71048429
That's not New Adventures in Hi-Fi
>>
Wtf is he doing anyway these days? Instead of posting shitty selfies he should make some new music.
>>
>>71048745
>looking up words in thesaurus to hide his middle class upbringing
>clunky, bordeline incomprehensible sentence structure
>talk of politics and fashion of the day precedes comments on the music itself
>comments on the music itself are short, inconsequential, and utterly subjective
>admittance of paying more attention to the words than the music
classic christgau. he's one of those people who make you wish the christian hell really existed 'cause you know the faggot deserved a spot there even before he started his career.
>>
>>71047803
This.

There are tons of older artsy gay men that look like this, and it most certainly has nothing to do with trying to look hip/young. Its more rooted in underground urban leather/bdsm scenes than anything.
>>
>>71047699
>>71047803
>>71047840
>>71047848
>>71049005
cuckservatives are insecure as shit, if hes such an old washed up homo then why are you so inclined to make fun of someone so obviously inferior to you?
>>71048946
as much as youre right, this is most of music journalism anyway
>>
>>71049142
Youre quite confused about the narrative of this discussion.

In this thread are two sides: those calling him a trend jumping millenial wannabe, and those defending him by saying hes just picked up on a few signifiers of urban gay culture that have been around for decades.

You just lumped attacks and defenses together.
>>
>>71048931
Hasn't he made enough?
>>
>>71048833
I agree. I still think if they'd disbanded when Berry left, they'd have an even greater legacy. Like Beatles-tier.

Not one of those first 10 albums is bad.

I mean, I guess it's cool that Accelerate and Collapse Into Now exist, and Reveal wasn't horrible to me. But they really should've just rebranded after Berry left.
>>
>>71049142
You've got it all wrong man, I think Michael seems a great guy, I'm just wondering what's happened to him lately for him to seem to have changed so much from how he used to be.
>>
>>71049446
Hes had beards since the early 2000s. Fuck are you on about m8
>>
Why the fuck does anyone care that he grew a beard?
>>
>>71047446
When did moby get so ild
>>
>>71048429
Great album, but Radio Song is fucking terrible.
>>
>>71047461
i mean, i agree it could be trimmed up but whats wrong with the beard other than that?
>>
THATS ME IN THE CORNER
>>
>>71048857
I'm sorry what
>>
>>71049142
dude I'm gay too lmao, I was just pointing out the probable cause of the nose ring
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.