/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So uh, with the benefit of hindsight can we all agree now that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1658.jpg (50KB, 300x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1658.jpg
50KB, 300x272px
So uh, with the benefit of hindsight can we all agree now that this album is the most cancerous piece of shit ever to grace rock music?

It's still the most pompous, cheesy, genuinely pretentious thing I've ever forced myself to sit through. You can literally feel rock music dying as you listen to it. People like to pretend radio rock is what killed rock, but that's just the mainstream and it's irrelevant to anyone with half a brain. This on the other hand, its influence runs deep and you can hear their tryhard "stadium indie" sound on pretty much every underground rock album that came after it.

This album is meaningless and unimportant precisely because you can actually hear it trying desperately to be meaningful and important with every fucking note. It took the rock out of indie rock, it took the indie out of indie rock, and it took the fun out of funeral. Total fucking bullshit.
>>
>>71041284
>it took the fun out of funeral
pseudo-music critic snarky puns don't really work in this context
>>
>it took the fun out of funeral
You have to go back (to Reddit).
>>
>>71041348
or maybe to /b/ where the other nihilistic edgelords are
>>
>An album with an arrangement like Funeral's
>Stadium indie
What?

>most cancerous
>influence runs deep
>unimportant
What?
>>
>>71041363
Did you just equate disliking a shit album with nihilism? Are you just saying words at random?
>>
>>71041395
No, you implied that funerals are fun to begin with. Which makes you a nihilistic edgelord.
>>>/b/
>>
>>71041284
>genuinely pretentious
Oh do you know them perosnally?
>>
>>71041370
The music itself can be (and is) dreadfully trite and unimportant to anyone with a sense of perspective

Sadly "unimportant" and "influential" are not mutually exclusive qualities. This is why cinema is infested with capeshit, for example
>>
>>71041284
It doesn't matter now because no one fucking cares about Arcade Fire anymore.
Listen to Will's band, they're supposedly saving rock music with subliminal furry messages.
>>
OP are you from the plateau/mile-end?
>>
OP is autistic

Neon Bible is a 10/10 btw, eat it you cancerous autistic faggot
>>
>>71041465
>anyone with a sense of perspective
What do you mean by this?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kso9IU7_yy8

le godspeed man was right
>>
>>71041465
Scaruffi gave it a 7.5 and disagree with him all you want but he certainly has a sense of perspective. Source: he has listened to more albums than anyone on this board.
>>
>>71041487
I guess listening to a shit pop album and not declaring it the second coming of christ would be an example of perspective
>>
>>71041544
>I guess listening to a shit pop album
No, we're taking about Funeral by Arcade Fire.
>>
>>71041568
>>71041544
guys, stop fighting, you're both right!
>>
>>71041543
I'll look to someone who isn't a senile pedophile for a sense of perspective thanks. But good to know that he ranks it among other greats such as, uh, Korn's debut, apparently
>>
>>71041613
What instrument do you play again?
>>
>>71041648
your mom
>>
>>71041648
I actually don't play an instrument, I just dress up like a faggot and warble faux poetic nonsense incoherently while my band plays simplistic overblown pop music. You'd probably love it
>>
>>71041703
>I actually don't play an instrument, I just dress up like a faggot and warble faux poetic nonsense incoherently while my band plays simplistic overblown pop music.
So you are not Win Butler.
>>
>>71041513
Did the guy from fucking GY!BE just butch about _other_ bands making "manipulative" music?

Is this real life?
>>
>>71041703
>faux poetic nonsense incoherently
How is it nonsense?
>simplistic
How so? The arrangements are very complex
>>
>>71041284
>its influence runs deep and you can hear their tryhard "stadium indie" sound on pretty much every underground rock album that came after it.
>This album is meaningless and unimportant
Which is it? Make up your mind.
>>
this thread was unnecessary, no one has even thought about the arcade fire since like 2013
>>
>>71041918
this
>>
>>71041918
Nah, I'm listening to them right now
>>
>>71042092
you ain't somebody kid
>>
I just hate that whole fucking decade of indie rock. Is that normal?
>>
>>71042145
90s indie kicked the shit out of the aughts. This is not up for debate.
>>
>>71041284
meaningless and unimportant? i dont know how those terms fit at all since its now 13 years later and people have been enjoying this for sometime. acting like your perspective is better than everyone elses is pretty immature. try reading a book if your gona get so worked up about an album people tend to like
>>
>>71042129
That's not what your momma said
>>
>>71042145
yea it's pretty unbearable

how a genre goes from Built to Spill and Pavement to the fucking Yeah Yeah Yeahs and Grizzly Bear I'll never know
>>
>>71042214
They went from boring to exciting. It's that simple
>>
>>71041918
so we should never post about artists who havent released an album very recently? got it
>>
>>71041918
>let's just keep talking about the same artists we always talk about over and over
OK great idea
>>
>>71041284
Im so glad this shitty baroque indie-rock trend died. Most obnoxious thing to come out of the 00s
>>
>>71042437
Why?
>>
File: 1383778783030.gif (1021KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1383778783030.gif
1021KB, 500x278px
>>71041284
Anon I want you to know that you are 100% correct and I fully support you
>>
>>71041284
in hindsight, the best arcade fire album is actually the suburbs, and it's just okay
>>
>>71042542
its both pretentious and goofy at the same time. but personal taste mostly
>>
>>71042635
>its both pretentious
Oh do you know them personally?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.